Best single play in Bills history

stevestojan

16 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I will always remember this sequence.  Not a single play - but 3 TDs in 77 seconds against Elway and Broncos in 1990.  I had great seats near the 50 yard line in the lower bowl.  I have been to many games, including the Comeback game, but I don't recall anything more exhilarating than this incredible sequence:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/9/30/1703600/september-30-1990-bills-score-20-points-in-77-seconds

I was in a redneck bar full of Broncos fans in rural Eastern Oregon for that one.

That was an interesting hour :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The Hit Heard Round The World.  For us old timers no play will ever surpass the Stratton hit; set us up for our first championship!

I believe this is the correct answer.

The play that set up the first Bills championship.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Roland hooks td catch, Fred smerlis blocked fg, Beebe run-down in super bowl, Knox mowing over Bengals... first few that came to mind. 

HIs catch on the play before the td catch was even better

Edited by Steve O

1 hour ago, PonyBoy said:

Jim Kelly's dive into end zone vs Miami 1989. It really began the era of consistently winning. My buddy and I traveled to that game in that end zone surrounded by the Buffalo Jill's cheerleaders who traveled to game to cheer from stands. One of the great plays and days of my life! 😀

This one and the Carlton Bailey interception in the AFC championship game against the Broncos in '92 seem to stick out.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting topic, OP!  The one that comes to mind for me is Shady for the touchdown run against the Colts in 2017, trudging through about a foot of snow.  It was the most Buffalo thing I've ever seen in my life.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, shane nelson said:

Frank Reich takes a knee on January, 20th 1991.  Bills beat the Raiders 51-3 and are headed to their first Super Bowl.  I ran out of the stadium crying, jumping, dancing and spinning. It was a long drive back to NJ and I felt like it only took a few hours.  Nothing will ever compare until we finally win one!

For me it’s Kelly’s TD to Lofton in this same game, on a broken play where the snap was fumbled, Kelly’s helmet slips down obstructing his view, and the Raiders are about to sack him—instead this happens:

• Like (+1) 2

As per my avatar Steve Christie was one of my favorite Bills.

But I thought one of the most underrated plays and possibly the best play in Bills history was his recovering the suicide kick in The Comeback at 35-10.  If that doesn't happen I don't think The Comeback happens.  It was the start of the momentum swing.  

Hell, even to this day that play inspires me to do something outside of the box when things aren't working 

• Like (+1) 3