Best single play in Bills history

stevestojan

I’m sitting here with a IIPA, watching the full 2019 Thanksgiving game on YouTube (because I had to watch something other than the news). 

The Josh Allen run on 4th and 1 was incredible. So it made me think, what is, in your opinion, the greatest single play in Bills history? 

I’m guessing many will answer plays from the comeback game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

So if you had to choose one, which would it be?

Ha. Idk, I'd have to think about it more, I'm sure there are hundreds of others. I too am already drinking. Give me 24 hours. I will say that Knox play was so great because it was right in front of me and I was with my Cincinnati buddies. I'll never forget it. 

Jim Kelly's dive into end zone vs Miami 1989. It really began the era of consistently winning. My buddy and I traveled to that game in that end zone surrounded by the Buffalo Jill's cheerleaders who traveled to game to cheer from stands. One of the great plays and days of my life! 😀

• Like (+1) 21
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The blocked FG by Nate Odomes and return for a TD by Bennett against the Broncos in 1990. The Bills were dead in the water if that chip shot was made and would drop to 2-2.

That play launched the Super Bowl Bills, IMO.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 19

The first two that come to mind are Ahmad Rashad scoring to beat the Raiders on Monday Night Football at home, and OF COURSE Don Beebe running down Leon Lett to prevent a TD. THAT was priceless and more about character than football. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 8

I will always remember this sequence.  Not a single play - but 3 TDs in 77 seconds against Elway and Broncos in 1990.  I had great seats near the 50 yard line in the lower bowl.  I have been to many games, including the Comeback game, but I don't recall anything more exhilarating than this incredible sequence:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/9/30/1703600/september-30-1990-bills-score-20-points-in-77-seconds

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Frank Reich takes a knee on January, 20th 1991.  Bills beat the Raiders 51-3 and are headed to their first Super Bowl.  I ran out of the stadium crying, jumping, dancing and spinning. It was a long drive back to NJ and I felt like it only took a few hours.  Nothing will ever compare until we finally win one!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For one single play.....

Hail Mary by Ferguson agsinst the Pats. I was st that gamewith my brother and friends. Thry wanted to beat traffic thinking the game was over.

If it was made...the wide right kick....

kelly run fir TD agsinst Miami for final play of game for win.

for rapid comeback in the time it takes to go to the bathroom and miss.....it was that 3 TD comeback against Denver. Block FG for TD, pick fir TD, thrn Elway fumble.

then there was the comeback against oilers.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, shane nelson said:

Frank Reich takes a knee on January, 20th 1991.  Bills beat the Raiders 51-3 and are headed to their first Super Bowl.  I ran out of the stadium crying, jumping, dancing and spinning. It was a long drive back to NJ and I felt like it only took a few hours.  Nothing will ever compare until we finally win one!

That was my favorite game of all-time. 

I was 11 and watched with the entire family. I don’t remember any specific plays, just remember it being an amazing day. 

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Got one... Sam Adams picking off Brady week 1 2003.

Rumbles to endzone and Brady got flattened along the way also. 

That was one of the first I thought of.

I think it was Schobel that wrecked Brady and it might also have been Lawyer Milloy's first game after we nabbed him from NE.

• Like (+1) 1