The Georgia Runoff--So Big!

Tiberius

6 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

No I don't think you are getting it... I am being called a traitor who is guilty of sedition and treason when I served our country by a bunch of morons who are playing the guilty by association card.

I didn't commit a crime, so these imbeciles can knock off the self-righteous bull####.

If you didn't commit it than you aren't being called those things. Stop with the extremisms they are old.

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

You ascribe too much to the cult of personality. Most Biden supporters simply voted for him to purge Trump and his reckless abuses from the office of the Presidency.

Many of the folks that voted Biden that I have spoken to do not place an elected leader (Biden for instance) over the needs of this nation, the rule of law, or democratic norms. 

To place an individual on such a pedestal is the slippery slope of buying into populism propaganda and a cult mentality.

Our elected leaders are just men and women elected to a government office to do a job. How well they do that job is reflected in their approval rates and ability to get reelected.

Nothing more.

We ask through history how whole nations could be led down a path of destruction by certain infamous leaders. It is that weakness in us to cling and worship those self-serving overconfident narcissist who promise to do all the thinking for us.

1st bolded - gonna disagree on this somewhat. Without term limits, more elections are decided on how much money and support the party gives them. Then the longer they stay in the more  power they have so their constituents want to hold the power rather than start over with a less powerful freshman.  its like a snowball rolling down a hill.  

2nd bolded - taking a wild guess here but I would put the percentage  of narcissists in national office to be  80%. Its what narcissists need, power, accolades, big public speeches, swarms of people following them around smooching their rear ends.  Its a narcissist dream come true.  And no one turns on the charm like a narcissist which helps them win.

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

1st bolded - gonna disagree on this somewhat. Without term limits, more elections are decided on how much money and support the party gives them. Then the longer they stay in the more  power they have so their constituents want to hold the power rather than start over with a less powerful freshman.  its like a snowball rolling down a hill.  

2nd bolded - taking a wild guess here but I would put the percentage  of narcissists in national office to be  80%. Its what narcissists need, power, accolades, big public speeches, swarms of people following them around smooching their rear ends.  Its a narcissist dream come true.  And no one turns on the charm like a narcissist which helps them win.

Will not contest that there is likely a personality profile that is drawn to politics.

My point was this misplaced belief of devoted adoration of Biden and comparing that to the mindless cult following Trump has created.

Biden was just the most expedient detergent available that voters could leverage to clean the Trump stain off our national underwear.

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I still see you here... you haven't been banned.

In fact, the only idiots over there who got themselves banned from here are @The_Dude (and he was banned for being a scum of the Earth and saying absolutely horrible things about enjoying killing Hajis... among other things) and @Deranged Rhino (who got banned because he was a troll who was utterly hypocritical and was even given multiple chances).

I didn't really care about their namecalling, but over at that site, they were the ones making everything personal.  They just always got so angry because I didn't accept their 200 something page "Voter Fraud" thread and all the disinformation in it as actual evidence of fraud. 

They're small people, really.  The fact that they were pushing to ban me for the last few weeks and finally got it done tells me that.  I don't care.  Greg is a loser who led them over there and can't even accept reality and the rest of them have followed him deep into the rabbit hole.

I'm sure they'll welcome you with open arms since they only accept like-minded people and you're clearly one of them.

I was banned from chatbox... and I am already over there, great place!

6 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Probably not... just like there is no give in the Biden cult either. 

...dude, I think you don't appreciate how little progressives like Joe Biden.

He is pretty much dead last in choices in the primary, which I didn't vote in because our primary system is effed up and it was decided before I had a chance.

The cast majority of people I know we're "hold your nose and vote for Biden" rather than a cult following. His success is only due to Trump's gross, gross incompetence and corruption

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

...dude, I think you don't appreciate how little progressives like Joe Biden.

He is pretty much dead last in choices in the primary, which I didn't vote in because our primary system is effed up and it was decided before I had a chance.

The cast majority of people I know we're "hold your nose and vote for Biden" rather than a cult following. His success is only due to Trump's gross, gross incompetence and corruption

Then why are they all up on his *****? True I have seen a lot of people like you said but damn, there really are a lot championing Sloppy Joe like he is the savior of humanity just because they hate Trump that badly. Then they attack you if you like Trump, it's  insane.

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Then why are they all up on his *****? True I have seen a lot of people like you said but damn, there really are a lot championing Sloppy Joe like he is the savior of humanity just because they hate Trump that badly. Then they attack you if you like Trump, it's  insane.

The election CLEARLY showed us that people voted against Trump not FOR Biden.  Now, I can see no reason why ANYONE who's sane, and calls themselves an American would support Trump over Biden, when the insurrection's incited score is Trump-1, Biden-0. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I don't think I can overstate how much I disagree on Trump policies.

I think trickle down economics is a fools dream. The Wall was the dumbest possible way to go about a flawed premise. Unilaterally torpedoing the Iran deal actually speeds up their nuclear proliferation and was a blow for diplomatic solutions. I believe science and climate change and think we have to act now. Police militarization is out of control and their authority and weaponry needs to be walked back.

So I would be incredibly opposed to Trump politically even if he was the most genial man alive.

The fact that he went out of his way to be an unapologetic a-hole, filled a cabinet with corporate shills to plundered their way to further riches on the taxpayer dime, gave his children special treatment in their businesses, forced the secret service to stay at his personal hotels so they would be billed and refused to denounce white supremacists who had run over people meant that at the start of 2020 I was ready to drag the corpse of FDR into the seat because it couldn't possibly do any more harm.

Then Covid happened. The one time when he could have done the bare minimum, or just...not spoken and let others do their jobs and he had to douse us all in salt water and stick his dick in a wall socket.

People don't love Biden because he's great. They love him because Trump is historically bad at his job and for the country.

Literally. I expect Trump to be treated like Herbert Hoover.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, WideNine said:

Will not contest that there is likely a personality profile that is drawn to politics.

My point was this misplaced belief of devoted adoration of Biden and comparing that to the mindless cult following Trump has created.

cult members usually don’t know or admit that they’re in a cult :)

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

That’s a series of unfortunate events.  I’m always disappointed in bans, mostly because I figure if someone is offending me I just ignore them.  It’s happened here fairly often of late, but you know.  Styx. Stones.  My feelings actually dates back to the earliest of bans here.  

I told many of them to just ignore me.  Evidently they came up with an ignore feature so not only could they not see my initial posts, but they couldn't see my posts when people responded to me.

Their ignorance is their bliss.

On 1/6/2021 at 6:13 PM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I can’t provide feedback on the political side of the board.  I may be the second most sane crazy person over there (Thank you sir for the compliment) but I ain’t no snitch. 

I think though you seem to want to position yourself as the victim when you complain over here, after swinging over there. I don’t know what happened last night, but whatevs. These are trying times, I just popped off Facebook as I saw some otherwise friendly folks swearing up a blue streak about everyone who disagrees with them being an @hole.  I get enough stress in my normal life without having to worry about what some dope who thinks Facebook is THE place for the airing of grievances has to say about anything. 

There are 2 sides to every story and the truth will obviously be somewhere in the middle, but you gave me a nice big belly laugh by saying I'm "swinging over there."  

Frankly, being banned from there doesn't bother me a great deal.  I wish posters like @Foxx and @Buffalo_Gal didn't abandon this discussion board altogether because I really like both of them.  And I really like talking Bills football with both of them.  I think @billsfan1959 went over there, too... I feel the same way about him.  And yes, there are a couple others... but a couple of them have chosen to straddle that board and this one, like you.

Glad you stayed.

Most of the other people over there simply aren't worth my time.

But yes, part of my motivation going over there was getting Greg to live up to his bet.  The fact that he didn't legitimately surprised me.  It also put him in the category of not being worth the time.

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I wish posters like @Foxx and @Buffalo_Gal didn't abandon this discussion board altogether because I really like both of them.  And I really like talking Bills football with both of them.  I think @billsfan1959 went over there, too... I feel the same way about him.  And yes, there are a couple others... but a couple of them have chosen to straddle that board and this one, like you.

Glad you stayed.

Hey transplantbillsfan, thank you for the kind words. I joined TBD many years ago; however, I never posted in PPP until Covid shut down my business. I had some time on my hands that I didn't normally have, wandered into PPP, and enjoyed the interaction with a number of posters on both sides of the political aisle. I enjoy debates with people who are intellectually honest and consistent, tried to post primarily with those types of posters, and I enjoyed my time here for awhile. Then it just felt like the forum was taken over by posters, from both sides, who were interested in nothing more than flooding every thread with vitriolic posts.

People are passionate about politics and we are all guilty of stepping over the line on occasion in the heat of the moment. However, that is different from the angry, hateful, toxic environment that was flourishing here. So I stopped posting.

Around the same time I stopped posting, my work started to pick up as well, so I had less time for this.

When I learned about the other site, I joined that as well; however, I haven't posted in the political forum on that site either. As a matter of fact, I believe this is the first time I have posted on any political forum in maybe 5 months or so.

Thanks for the shout out, my friend. I always enjoyed our interactions. Congrats to you and your side of the aisle on the election results. Personally, I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for either candidate - for the second straight presidential election.

There are some really good posters here and, now, on the other site. Maybe I will begin engaging in political discussions again at some point. Until then, I will see you on the football side!

Cheers, my friend :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I told many of them to just ignore me.  Evidently they came up with an ignore feature so not only could they not see my initial posts, but they couldn't see my posts when people responded to me.

Their ignorance is their bliss.

There are 2 sides to every story and the truth will obviously be somewhere in the middle, but you gave me a nice big belly laugh by saying I'm "swinging over there."  

Frankly, being banned from there doesn't bother me a great deal.  I wish posters like @Foxx and @Buffalo_Gal didn't abandon this discussion board altogether because I really like both of them.  And I really like talking Bills football with both of them.  I think @billsfan1959 went over there, too... I feel the same way about him.  And yes, there are a couple others... but a couple of them have chosen to straddle that board and this one, like you.

Glad you stayed.

Most of the other people over there simply aren't worth my time.

But yes, part of my motivation going over there was getting Greg to live up to his bet.  The fact that he didn't legitimately surprised me.  It also put him in the category of not being worth the time.

I agree that there are usually three sides to every story, side A, side B, and the truth somewhere in the middle.  That applies to what I think as well, and one of the reasons I stick around is to hear other voices.  One poster took a shot at me recently for thinking I'm the "smartest guy on the board", and that one made me chuckle as well.  My first thought was "Hardly!", but I'm smart enough to pay attention and strong enough to defend what I believe.  My point on you taking swings wasn't that you're solely responsible for anything, just that it reads to me sometimes that you're suggesting you wander in like a baby doe and people set upon you.  I don't see it that way.  One of my faves of yours is 'cultists', which where I come from, isn't a compliment.  

This board is no less echo-chambery, no less toxic at times, no friendlier a place to be, but the dynamic has shifted.  I take very little personally here, but folks take their shots at me and they are not always nice, warm or fuzzy.  Who cares?  I told another poster one time in a PM that imo one of the things I thought he should consider was the old adage of 'When you lay down with dogs, you get fleas".  To be clear, that was not a reference to you, but it was reference to this board and some garbage posted.   

Unlike one of the better posters on the board(s) @billsfan1959, I'm unable to see beyond what I think is coming with this presidency, congress and senate.  Before DJT became president, I had pretty much resigned myself to the notion that most of the political creatures in Washington are cut from the same cloth--some likely start out noble, quickly morph into something else, and those that stay around the longest turn into a Joe Biden.   I didn't see much difference between a Mitch McConnell and Chuck Schumer, and early on in the Trump campaign and admin I saw them working directly against him in spite of the victory.  Sure, they glommed on when he started having success, but there is no deep ethical conviction to serving the will of the people.  They'll slide right back into form, raging against the opponent, propping up wives, sons, daughters and brothers in lucrative positions just like the future current douche in the WH. 

I'm not a proponent of violence, see the anarchists who stormed the Capitol as no different than the anarchists who burned buildings, looted stores, victimized citizens and murdered citizens over the summer.  That applies here, that extends to the other board.  I don't engage in that talk nor will I.   Like many on my side of the aisle, however, my skin crawled when I watched Biden talk about how racist law enforcement defending the Capitol was relative to what might have happened if those that stormed the building were "BLM" anarchists.  What made it particularly offensive was seeing those inside, our 'leaders'--no doubt many who railed about 'defunding the police' --cowering and praying like hell that the law enforcement line would hold.  As Biden spoke about the soft and gentle approach, a rioter was put down like a dog as tends to happen in those situations.  No pass for the white girl. No martyrdom because she's not a cause d'jour, not a Michael Brown, or Jakob Blake, just a foolish and violent act that ended the way those things tend to end, and our new leader and his attempt to unify with some good old fashioned race baiting.  Why?  Because it works. 

Anyway, to the extent I have something to offer, I'll stick around.  It seems to me that time is coming to a close, but who knows. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, WideNine said:

Biden was just the most expedient detergent available that voters could leverage to clean the Trump stain off our national underwear.

Exactly.    Most Democrats I know weren't particularly excited about Biden but saw him as the candidate best likely to beat Trump.  

That so many Republicans down ticket from Trump won their elections but Trump lost suggests that many Republicans either voted for Biden or didn't vote for either presidential candidate.

This election was all about getting rid of Trump, especially after his mishandling of the pandemic.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

szjlsm8izo961.gif

LETS GO GEORGIA!!!!

We really should donate something to Georgia(and Pennsylvania).  What no one thinks about is that if Biden had only won by one state, there's a real solid chance Trump would have found a way to steal the election.  Everybody who said we HAD to win big was spot on.  I mean who in their right mind would have even thought he'd try to claim 5 states as fraudulent?  This guy will be the most infamous, loser scumbag of all time.  #GLOAT

16 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

Hey transplantbillsfan, thank you for the kind words. I joined TBD many years ago; however, I never posted in PPP until Covid shut down my business. I had some time on my hands that I didn't normally have, wandered into PPP, and enjoyed the interaction with a number of posters on both sides of the political aisle. I enjoy debates with people who are intellectually honest and consistent, tried to post primarily with those types of posters, and I enjoyed my time here for awhile. Then it just felt like the forum was taken over by posters, from both sides, who were interested in nothing more than flooding every thread with vitriolic posts.

People are passionate about politics and we are all guilty of stepping over the line on occasion in the heat of the moment. However, that is different from the angry, hateful, toxic environment that was flourishing here. So I stopped posting.

Around the same time I stopped posting, my work started to pick up as well, so I had less time for this.

When I learned about the other site, I joined that as well; however, I haven't posted in the political forum on that site either. As a matter of fact, I believe this is the first time I have posted on any political forum in maybe 5 months or so.

Thanks for the shout out, my friend. I always enjoyed our interactions. Congrats to you and your side of the aisle on the election results. Personally, I couldn't, in good conscience, vote for either candidate - for the second straight presidential election.

There are some really good posters here and, now, on the other site. Maybe I will begin engaging in political discussions again at some point. Until then, I will see you on the football side!

Cheers, my friend :beer:

Well said.  I guess what just disheartens me is I really did think some of the posters who fled to that other site were people I enjoyed engaging with about both politics and football.

Oh well.  

It's been a helluva week--and aside from the politics, I've been dealing with some personal crises that I won't get into--and ya know what?  If the Bills win tomorrow, I will forget about politics for a good chunk of time.

Sports truly is the great unifier.  I know that because I travel every football morning to watch the games with my Trump supporting friend.

Happy New Year!  And GO BILLS!!!  :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...