The Georgia Runoff--So Big!

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Trump is going to jail.  He knows it, that’s why he’s fighting this so hard.

I am now convinced that this is true. I believe he will purport to pardon himself and his family members in the next 2 weeks, but as we all know that won't stop state prosecutions.

The paradox is that the more he tries to convince us that he's running again in 2024 the more pressure on the AG/DA to pursue charges.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am now convinced that this is true. I believe he will purport to pardon himself and his family members in the next 2 weeks, but as we all know that won't stop state prosecutions.

The paradox is that the more he tries to convince us that he's running again in 2024 the more pressure on the AG/DA to pursue charges.

I absolutely hopes he pardons himself and his family, so it hands the prosecution directly to the states and doesnt become a distraction for the Biden administration.

Pardoning himself would be the best gift he could give Biden/Harris. NY AG ready to put meat back on the menu!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I absolutely hopes he pardons himself and his family, so it hands the prosecution directly to the states and doesnt become a distraction for the Biden administration.

Pardoning himself would be the best gift he could give Biden/Harris. NY AG ready to put meat back on the menu!

He should pardon himself. Under Burdick:

This brings us to the differences between legislative immunity and a pardon. They are substantial. The latter carries an imputation of guilt; acceptance a confession of it. The former has no such imputation or confession. It is tantamount to the silence of the witness. It is noncommittal. It is the unobtrusive act of the law given protection against a sinister use of his testimony, not like a pardon, requiring him to confess his guilt in order to avoid a conviction of it.

• Like (+1) 1

We thanked Trump enough for this great victory, but we should also than the American people. 4 years ago we went from the House, Senate and White House being controlled by Republicans.

2 years later the American people voted in masses to say F that and got back control of the House.

2 years after that, a record number of people came out and took back the senate and White House.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Can we call it a repudiation now? Because Donald Trump flew into Georgia Monday night to perform what he surely thought was his final rescue mission. Instead, if anything, his shocking antics in these last few days drove the turnout against him.

I know it’s just a few thousand votes and Jon Ossoff hasn’t officially won yet and this sounds a little sweeping, but ***** it, it wouldn’t stop the other side: On Election Night, America was sure it wanted to get rid of Trump, but wasn’t sure it wanted to hand the Democrats the keys to the car. After two more months of watching Trump try to set fire to our country, and watching Republicans hand him the match, Americans, or at least Georgians, said the hell with it. Democrats, it’s all yours.

It was a staggeringly amazing night. Georgia has elected a Black man and in all likelihood a Jewish man to the United States Senate. Both of them liberal. Georgia. It’s astonishing. And the historical debt paid, especially in Raphael Warnock’s win: The pastor at Martin Luther King’s church is going to be a United States senator.

Warnock Wins With Democrats on the Brink of Senate Control

https://www.thedailybeast.com/georgia-revolution-is-a-*****-you-aimed-right-at-trump 

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

We thanked Trump enough for this great victory, but we should also than the American people. 4 years ago we went from the House, Senate and White House being controlled by Republicans.

2 years later the American people voted in masses to say F that and got back control of the House.

2 years after that, a record number of people came out and took back the senate and White House.

It was a scary time. Had America given up on democracy and the rule of law? 

NO!! And Hell No!!! 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/georgia-revolution-is-a-*****-you-aimed-right-at-trump 

It was a scary time. Had America given up on democracy and the rule of law? 

NO!! And Hell No!!! 

It just shows how Democracy will persevere here in America in the face of an autocratic ruler.

Edited by Backintheday544
  • Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well he aint going to Scotland like he originally planned. That's for sure!

Russia maybe. 

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

If Trump just left quietly and went into retirement to play golf and squabble with the Palm Beach locals, he might have some legal troubles in New York that could cost him $$$ in fines, but as long as he wants to stay active in politics, the  NY AG Letitia James and Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance are going to play hard ball and seek prison time for him.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Russia maybe. 

If Trump just left quietly and went into retirement to play golf and squabble with the Palm Beach locals, he might have some legal troubles in New York that could cost him $$$ in fines, but as long as he wants to stay active in politics, the  NY AG Letitia James and Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance are going to play hard ball and seek prison time for him.

Who's gonna seek prison time for Biden selling out to the Chinese with his crackhead son and brother ? 

15 hours ago, Looper said:

Fulton County just blocked credentialed Republican monitors from overseeing absentee ballots and verifying signatures. 

Sounds fair to me !

Trump-inpired election monitors to keep things "fair".

33668712-8776177-image-a-15_1601172625274~2.jpg

7 hours ago, Buftex said:

To live in a country that doesn't have minority rule by lunatics is a nice place to start.  

I honestly don't think the $2000 stimulus had much to do with this...

Why would tens of thousands of people who are struggling to pay rent, utilities, even putting food on the table want money.

Do you think Biden chose to run with the failure to pass the $ 2000 stimulus as a way to get people out to vote by accident.

Do you think Trumps warning to the Republicans that they would be dead in the water If they shot down the stimuls was by accident.

31 minutes ago, Figster said:

Why would tens of thousands of people who are struggling to pay rent, utilities, even putting food on the table want money.

Do you think Biden chose to run with the failure to pass the $ 2000 stimulus as a way to get people out to vote by accident.

Do you think Trumps warning to the Republicans that they would be dead in the water If they shot down the stimuls was by accident.

Originally Trump fiddled and golfed while Rome burned, and killed every stimulus bill that did not include his provision to prevented social media companies from flagging his lies and misinformation as such.

In the end McConnel shived him when Trump acquiesced backing a last ditch effort to appease his base with a separate stim bill by including poison-pill provisions that were sure to make it fail.

1 hour ago, Looper said:

Who's gonna seek prison time for Biden selling out to the Chinese with his crackhead son and brother ? 

Hopefully Brady

1 hour ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Merrick Garland AG

I was kind of hoping for Hillary to add to the reality show season 5.

• Haha (+1) 1