Joe Biden has been elected the 46th President

Numark3

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

I'd file that with agreeing to stop discriminating against Black tenants while not having to admit to having done so.

There has been some awakening on race, by whites, since the mid 80s. I think that while there is blamed to be placed, racism was instituted well before and the policy makes in the 80's just had a different view. As America decides it's finally okay to speak about these ideas is incremental progress. Let's keep making it more of a conversation that or legislative electors understand.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

It's more of a PPP site.....and oh yeah the Bills too stuck on the side.

But which bot is going to call me an idiot?

1 minute ago, nkreed said:

There has been some awakening on race, by whites, since the mid 80s. I think that while there is blamed to be placed, racism was instituted well before and the policy makes in the 80's just had a different view. As America decides it's finally okay to speak about these ideas is incremental progress. Let's keep making it more of a conversation that or legislative electors understand.

But which bot is going to call me an idiot?

It is so fun reading the 139 page meltdown and throwing a grenade in there every now and then. Glad others sent me the link. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Figster said:

Or better yet, voted for Joe Biden because of the way the pandemic was handled. With it the realization the country would never stand united in a time of crisis with Donald Trump as president. When this message is conveyed to our teachers and professors across the country and on top of it you compromise their ability to teach safely. Compromised their ability to keep the children safe and all the grandmas and grandpas they come in contact with.  Good luck winning the next election.  

I consider myself a moderate Republican....

I've disliked Trump from day 1....similar to the way I disliked Rex Ryan's hiring a few years ago...

Lots of bravado.....lots of big statements....some good, some meh...and lots of bad.........Also.....Call me old school.....but I'm one of those who thinks that POTUS should reflect an image of dignity.....or ...at least pretend.....Trump has been embarrassing....

I entirely agree with you in regards to the pandemic. Trump was counter productive to say the least....His constant deny of ...basic science... is/was baffling.....

My point was simply that if my party got its ***** together, and more moderate would have spoken, Trump would have been chastised a long time ago....

The Republican party is at a crossroad....keep it going with Trumpism....or get back to just common sense....

Edited by Iron Maiden
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I hope he can live up to the task. I hope the media gives him the same scrutiny as Trump. I hope he makes America proud. I hope he manages to live through the  term.

As a side note. The last 4 years have been the most turbulent in my lifetime. There's  left and there's right. But what has made me the most worried,  sad and angry is how the media became a political mouthpiece with a clear agenda. Say what you want about foreign interference, but everyone is doing their best to influence the election whether it be foreign or domestic. This whole push to vote from every major organization wasn't about civic duties. It was about getting Trump out. I bet my life on the fact that you won't hear the same urgency in 2024. It is what it is. Prove yourself worthy Joe.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
More rambling
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

I consider myself a moderate Republican....

I've disliked Trump from day 1....similar to the way I disliked Rex Ryan's hiring a few years ago...

Lots of bravado.....lots of big statements....some good, some meh...and lots of bad.........Also.....Call me old school.....but I'm one of those who thinks that POTUS should reflect a image of dignity.....or ...at least pretend.....Trump has been embarrassing....

I entirely agree with you in regards to the pandemic. Trump was counter productive to say the least....His constant deny of ...basic science... is/was baffling.....

My point was simply that if my party got its ***** together, and more moderate would have spoken, Trump would have been chastised a long time ago....

The Republican party is at a crossroad....keep it going with Trumpism....or get back to just common sense....

I think a problem they might face in turning away from Trump is unless he goes away somehow he's likely to have a significant effect on their elections for a while.

9 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

Congratulations to Joe Biden. Maybe being nice to people will start trending again.

Watching Corey Lewandowski rant and rave yesterday was probably the greatest television I’ve seen all year.

That assclown Lewandowsky came on Fox and said he had 1,yes exactly 1 example of voter fraud.  They need time to find the fraud.  

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Whose trying to justify it Biden has admitted it as a mistake that he's learned from. What one these things has Trumped apologized or recognized his own fault in?

this seems to be an addiction or battered wife syndrome. We keep electing these piece of ***** politicians who have been in politics for 40 years and creating terrible policy and when they come up for election they apologize it’s all ok.  I believe you this time.  The guy created some or most of the issues happening in this country and you’re just ok with the apology.  You’ve admitted he’s been a worse politician than trump but you’re ok with an apology which somehow makes him better than Trump. Trump isn’t perfect and he’s been responsible for some bad calls. But stepping back you cannot claim any of his policies have been remotely close to Biden’s. It needs to stop. We’re just going to keep staying divided electing guys who create the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nkreed said:

Wait a second, I'm catching up to this thread... Did those who engaged in constant belittling of others move to another website... Like a three bills drive site?

With that said, if they aren't coming back on, let's not turn this into an echo chamber.

You wanted an echo chamber.  A large number of posters here specifically and openly trolled this board with the stated purpose of destroying it.

So have fun.  You got your wish.

• Haha (+1) 1

OMG the QAnon/4Chan/Bmore Bill zombies created a subreddit?  Good riddance to that slovenly band of mouth-breathing “Truthers.”  They can have their own forum to discuss Obama’s birth certificate and the people Hillary and Bill had murdered.

I’ve barely visited this forum in 2020 because of how insufferable it became.  A pure troll convention.  Glad it may be changing.

As for the election, I didn’t vote for Joe Biden.  I voted against Donald Trump.  And I’m pissed the Republicans made me do it.  I don’t want my taxes to go up.  I don’t think Progressive policies help the people they claim to help.  But enough was enough.  The evil demon needed to be shoved back into the sewer and I felt it was my moral duty to help stand on the manhole.

What struck me about the election generally was how few people actually changed their mind about anything.  They didn’t.  70 million people voted for Trump despite everything - COVID, his horrific personality, the constant dysfunction in his cabinet, his utter refusal to ever take the high road and lead, the so-called liberal media conspiracy to defeat him, etc., none of that made the slightest dent in getting anyone who voted for him in 2016 to change their mind.  That’s probably because many of them didn’t go to college and lack critical thinking skills.  What all of Trump’s antics did do was get others to turn out in record numbers.  It was all about turnout.  The issues didn’t even matter except to the extent they caused more turnout.

This country is FUBAR’d.  And I have real doubt that Weekend at Biden’s is going to fix it.  Propping up a dead guy was a barely-successful campaign strategy but now the task turns to governing an impossibly divided nation, and you can be sure Trump will be instigating and spouting off conspiracies and lying every night on Hannity, meanwhile the economy is headed off a cliff.

This is far from the end.  But it may be the beginning of the End.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

Thats not childish at all. 

Nope not one bit. As they said for 4 years “F your feelings”. 

and part of Reality. I call them reality grenades. Part of deprogramming a cult. (Which needs to happen) in America. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Haha (+1) 1