Jump to content

This Bill is my 'secret' MVP for the 1st half of the season


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We'd be 2-6 at best without Josh Allen.  He's the MVP of this team.  BTW....I have no clue what secret mvp means.

Allen is the reason we are leading the NFL in 3d down conversions.  His runs to the chains are what is kicking up the Bills percentage on that.  Of course, his arm is the big reason, and his, now, apparently, good judgement.  AND, he has shown he is coachable.........a BIG plus.

46 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Williams has been very good.

My silent MVP would be Beasley.  He has made several drive extending catches that have won games.

Playing at a high level when hurt as well.  Guttsy guy imho

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Daryl Williams.  6'6, 330 lbs. playing at Right Tackle.   Yes, he's a Carolina Panther 'import'.  He has played very solid at RT protecting Josh and also hustling all over the field  to fini

So basically unsung heroes.     For me:     Andre Roberts.   Dion Dawkins.  

Game winning FG in terrible weather.  Perhaps I was inartful in lumping it in with the Jests game, but it was a clutch FG that won the game over the Cheats.

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bass o' Matic '76 for me.  Fighting through the yips, a bad holder, basically won the Jests and Cheats games by himself.  He's becoming a clutch kicker before our eyes.

 

Zimmer "won" that game by himself.

 

Bass is a 72% FG kicker.  He's made 8 of the last 11.  Last week he made a FG that NFL kickers make over 90% of the time.

Edited by Mr. WEO
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daryl has been amazing and I constantly see him protect Josh better than any RT we've had in a long time. Also I like the way Poyer and Zimmer have played lately

 

I'll be honest: I can't judge DL very well.  It's like judging individual play on the interior of the OL.  Whose assignment was that anyway?  I also haven't taken the time to do a deep dive and really get into which DLmen have been playing together, in which positions, and how they've done.

 

But I'm gonna delve in on the "Po love" here.  I think it's deserved.  The guy has been a thumper in the run game, and while we see the big runs what we don't give enough love to is all the time Po stops them at 5-6 yds and keeps them from going deeper, backstopping the poor LB play in addition to his own assignments.  Yes, that's the strong safety's job, but a number of SS around the league shade towards pass D.  Poyer does both, and goes hard at both.  IMO Jordan Poyer is another example of a guy who got a well-deserved payday and is living up to it.

 

Some stats to back it up:

1) Poyer is leading the team in combined tackles with 69 AND solo tackles with 53.  Now that's actually not a good sign for team defense.  There should be a LB, usually the MLB, leading the tackling and ideally more than one.  In previous seasons, Poyer has been #2 with the MLB #1 (as it should be) and closely flanked by Milano and (last year) Zo.  But consider the alternatives if we didn't have Poyer stepping up his game.

2) He's actually #2 for sacks on the team (and again, it's not a good sign for team defense when your safety is #2 for sacks) and has made significant contributions when we've managed to generate pressure

3) 2nd on team for TFL (see 2)

and not a stat:

4) I don't think it's his nature, but as a new Captain this year I think he's trying to step up and fire up the team

 

The only play I'll give to his discredit is the tackle out of bounds in the KC game that led to a 15 yd UR penalty.  But hey, everyone loses their cool now and then - Josh certainly lost his after being "Washing Machined" by Aaron Donald.  As long as it's not a regular thing, it's part of being "fired up" and playing with an edge.

 

So, my argument for Jordan Poyer as an unsung mvp on the team:  He's a Dawg.  He always goes hard.  He's always been right up there on the tackles list (as he should be) but this year he's going extra hard to backstop our linebackers.  And he's a Truck.  When he hits, guys know they've been hit.  "Poyer Paid", like Dawkins, only seems to have motivated him, and that's nice to see.

 

And lastly, I know I'm gonna be chided if I don't include a picture of Poyer's amazing wife Rachel Bush.  So here you go.  And keep it clean, you pervs.

image.thumb.png.64fe1644c881c00168323588109acc96.png

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

 

What part of "becoming" didn't you understand?B-)

 

I think you either are or you are not. I get what you are trying to say but I just wouldn't put the two words together. I think we were all done with him around half time of the Jets game. Luckily he came around. I still don't know that I trust him though. He hasn't cost us a game at the end yet so there is that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Daryl Williams.  6'6, 330 lbs. playing at Right Tackle.

 

Yes, he's a Carolina Panther 'import'.  He has played very solid at RT protecting Josh and also hustling all over the field  to finish plays. 

 

I haven't heard anyone bad mouth him all season.  He allowed the Bills to revamp the OL by moving Ford to Guard.

 

GO BILLS!

How can it be a “secret” if you just told us all who it is? 😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

We'd be 2-6 at best without Josh Allen.  He's the MVP of this team.  BTW....I have no clue what secret mvp means.

 

Josh is no doubt the man.  As the QB goes, so goes the team.  Allen has been good (and in some games great) and the team is 6-2.   But, I believe I can help define secret MVP - try "unsung hero" or a guy who quietly makes a large contribution without much notoriety.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

Daryl Williams.  6'6, 330 lbs. playing at Right Tackle.

 

Yes, he's a Carolina Panther 'import'.  He has played very solid at RT protecting Josh and also hustling all over the field  to finish plays. 

 

I haven't heard anyone bad mouth him all season.  He allowed the Bills to revamp the OL by moving Ford to Guard.

 

GO BILLS!


He’s been a very underrated pickup for sure. I thought the Winters signing was going to be the best offensive line addition but he’s been terrible all season. Right from the first practice in pads when Epinesa blew him up it’s been downhill

Edited by Brennan Huff
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I'll be honest: I can't judge DL very well.  It's like judging individual play on the interior of the OL.  Whose assignment was that anyway?  I also haven't taken the time to do a deep dive and really get into which DLmen have been playing together, in which positions, and how they've done.

 

But I'm gonna delve in on the "Po love" here.  I think it's deserved.  The guy has been a thumper in the run game, and while we see the big runs what we don't give enough love to is all the time Po stops them at 5-6 yds and keeps them from going deeper, backstopping the poor LB play in addition to his own assignments.  Yes, that's the strong safety's job, but a number of SS around the league shade towards pass D.  Poyer does both, and goes hard at both.  IMO Jordan Poyer is another example of a guy who got a well-deserved payday and is living up to it.

 

Some stats to back it up:

1) Poyer is leading the team in combined tackles with 69 AND solo tackles with 53.  Now that's actually not a good sign for team defense.  There should be a LB, usually the MLB, leading the tackling and ideally more than one.  In previous seasons, Poyer has been #2 with the MLB #1 (as it should be) and closely flanked by Milano and (last year) Zo.  But consider the alternatives if we didn't have Poyer stepping up his game.

2) He's actually #2 for sacks on the team (and again, it's not a good sign for team defense when your safety is #2 for sacks) and has made significant contributions when we've managed to generate pressure

3) 2nd on team for TFL (see 2)

and not a stat:

4) I don't think it's his nature, but as a new Captain this year I think he's trying to step up and fire up the team

 

The only play I'll give to his discredit is the tackle out of bounds in the KC game that led to a 15 yd UR penalty.  But hey, everyone loses their cool now and then - Josh certainly lost his after being "Washing Machined" by Aaron Donald.  As long as it's not a regular thing, it's part of being "fired up" and playing with an edge.

 

So, my argument for Jordan Poyer as an unsung mvp on the team:  He's a Dawg.  He always goes hard.  He's always been right up there on the tackles list (as he should be) but this year he's going extra hard to backstop our linebackers.  And he's a Truck.  When he hits, guys know they've been hit.  "Poyer Paid", like Dawkins, only seems to have motivated him, and that's nice to see.

 

And lastly, I know I'm gonna be chided if I don't include a picture of Poyer's amazing wife Rachel Bush.  So here you go.  And keep it clean, you pervs.

image.thumb.png.64fe1644c881c00168323588109acc96.png

GOTDAMM SHE'S HOT!!  HOLY F.. 🤯

Edited by smuvtalker
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hemma said:

You have to go back a long, long way to find a Bills RT that has played better over an extended stretch.

 

Just don't move him.  No experiments with this guy.

Agree 100% on Williams he’s by far the best Panther that Bean has signed 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Daryl has been amazing and I constantly see him protect Josh better than any RT we've had in a long time. Also I like the way Poyer and Zimmer have played lately. 


And he’s going to be even better when we get Mongo back to RG.  Not sure if Mongo is the designated Center Sunday as I believe Morse is out.  He was underestimated when he was out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Williams is probably the proper choice for exceptional quiet performer. He seems to be back - or close - to his pre-injury form. An absolute steal for the ~$2.5 million we’re paying him. The big question is whether or not he can be resigned at a decent price. 🤞🏼. If he can’t then we’ll likely be in line for a 3rd or 4th round pick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I'll be honest: I can't judge DL very well.  It's like judging individual play on the interior of the OL.  Whose assignment was that anyway?  I also haven't taken the time to do a deep dive and really get into which DLmen have been playing together, in which positions, and how they've done.

 

But I'm gonna delve in on the "Po love" here.  I think it's deserved.  The guy has been a thumper in the run game, and while we see the big runs what we don't give enough love to is all the time Po stops them at 5-6 yds and keeps them from going deeper, backstopping the poor LB play in addition to his own assignments.  Yes, that's the strong safety's job, but a number of SS around the league shade towards pass D.  Poyer does both, and goes hard at both.  IMO Jordan Poyer is another example of a guy who got a well-deserved payday and is living up to it.

 

Some stats to back it up:

1) Poyer is leading the team in combined tackles with 69 AND solo tackles with 53.  Now that's actually not a good sign for team defense.  There should be a LB, usually the MLB, leading the tackling and ideally more than one.  In previous seasons, Poyer has been #2 with the MLB #1 (as it should be) and closely flanked by Milano and (last year) Zo.  But consider the alternatives if we didn't have Poyer stepping up his game.

2) He's actually #2 for sacks on the team (and again, it's not a good sign for team defense when your safety is #2 for sacks) and has made significant contributions when we've managed to generate pressure

3) 2nd on team for TFL (see 2)

and not a stat:

4) I don't think it's his nature, but as a new Captain this year I think he's trying to step up and fire up the team

 

The only play I'll give to his discredit is the tackle out of bounds in the KC game that led to a 15 yd UR penalty.  But hey, everyone loses their cool now and then - Josh certainly lost his after being "Washing Machined" by Aaron Donald.  As long as it's not a regular thing, it's part of being "fired up" and playing with an edge.

 

So, my argument for Jordan Poyer as an unsung mvp on the team:  He's a Dawg.  He always goes hard.  He's always been right up there on the tackles list (as he should be) but this year he's going extra hard to backstop our linebackers.  And he's a Truck.  When he hits, guys know they've been hit.  "Poyer Paid", like Dawkins, only seems to have motivated him, and that's nice to see.

 

And lastly, I know I'm gonna be chided if I don't include a picture of Poyer's amazing wife Rachel Bush.  So here you go.  And keep it clean, you pervs.

image.thumb.png.64fe1644c881c00168323588109acc96.png


I love Poyer and is so good for this team.  He and Hyde are probably in the top 3 Safety tandems in the league.  I didn’t know Poyer was married to her, and well, I don’t want any points so I’ll just let that one go (yes, I looked her up and didn’t know she was a big time model).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping somebody would start a thread on him.

The guy has been playing really really well all year.

I'd have zero qualms about him sticking around as the Bills RT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...