This Bill is my 'secret' MVP for the 1st half of the season

PUNT750

Daryl Williams.  6'6, 330 lbs. playing at Right Tackle.

Yes, he's a Carolina Panther 'import'.  He has played very solid at RT protecting Josh and also hustling all over the field  to finish plays. 

I haven't heard anyone bad mouth him all season.  He allowed the Bills to revamp the OL by moving Ford to Guard.

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 24

39 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bass o' Matic '76 for me.  Fighting through the yips, a bad holder, basically won the Jests and Cheats games by himself.  He's becoming a clutch kicker before our eyes.

Won the Patriots game by himself?  He kicked one chip shot and a few XPs.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

Yes, he's a Carolina Panther 'import'.  He has played very solid at RT protecting Josh and also hustling all over the field  to finish plays. 

I haven't heard anyone bad mouth him all season.  He allowed the Bills to revamp the OL by moving Ford to Guard.

GO BILLS!

Daryl has been amazing and I constantly see him protect Josh better than any RT we've had in a long time. Also I like the way Poyer and Zimmer have played lately. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

Not a bad choice at all.  It's nice knowing we have two solid, solid tackles. Williams has definitely been one of Beane's homeruns if you ask me.  

I know it's such an obvious and cliché choice, but I gotta go with my man Josh.  During the off-season, he was saying all the right things, about working on his mechanics, and film study, and better decision-making.  I'm not gonna say I didn't believe him, but it sounded like something any QB who struggled with issues during a season would say.  I hoped to see results, but I NEVER expected him to make the jump that he has to a whole nother level. His accuracy, his decision-making, his PATIENCE!!!  Wow!  As much as I despise Tom Brady, one of the things that make him the GOAT is his ability to take what the defense gives him, to play dink-and-dunk football.  And at times this season watching Josh play, I saw that same patience, progressing through his reads, going to his 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th options.  Not giving up on the pocket and being so quick to tuck it and run.  It's been just a beautiful thing to watch him grow the way he has.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

When they do not talk about Daryl Williams during games, that is a very good thing.

Good point, OP.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

I'm not clear what a "secret MVP" is. If it's about the same as an MVP, I'd disagree strongly.

But he really has been an excellent pickup. He's done a fine job and you're right, he doesn't get mentioned, for all the right reasons.

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Bass o' Matic '76 for me.  Fighting through the yips, a bad holder, basically won the Jests and Cheats games by himself.  He's becoming a clutch kicker before our eyes.

He’s far from clutch  (yet ) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

GO BILLS!

he’s playing very well. Dawkins is the man though. Quietly putting in work and posting his best season. Remember when posters here wanted to put him at guard? Lol. Idiots

• Like (+1) 6

I would go with "Beasley," he is the safety valve and seems to be open on every pass play, and he makes catches others wouldn't. I think we tend to take him for granted.

But, I would agree that Williams has been a great find at RT, hard to argue against him as the "secret" MVP.

While I think Zimmer and Bass are coming along, and both have had their moments (good and no so much), I need to see more consistency over time to put them in this discussion.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He’s got justin tucker potential. I’m not giving up on em either...

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jaraxxus said:

Zimmo.

Dude's an animal.

The guy did make arguably the biggest play of the season thus far against the Pats. Other than that he gets blown up at the LOS almost every single snap. Hand the ball off in the direction where ever Zimmer is on the DL and your RB is getting at least 5 yards or more.