Top 3 Favorite Snack Chips

NoHuddleKelly12

8 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

ruffles with heluva good french onion dip

tortilla chips.  pretty much any brand for both the chips and salsa (medium)

fritos  with bean dip.

You could put Heluva Good French dip on an old tire and I'd eat it. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

You could put Heluva Good French dip on an old tire and I'd eat it. 

As was posted upthread, a good French onion soup dip with Ruffles is a treat to behold—but the key is letting the dip rest in the fridge for at least a couple hours (ideally one day) before enjoying—something about the flavor really melding with the sour cream base—I’m getting hungrier as I type this out! 

11 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d5bb1a633b7eb0da591c6564c5f71491.jpeg

Surprisingly good, non greasy, true potato flavour.  The only strange thing is that it is Canadian Tire's house brand.  The 'turkey stuffing' flavour is good as well (but could use more sage...).

@Ridgewaycynic2013, is it true what’s on the Ruffles All Dressed packaging, that they are Canada’s #1 flavor? I mean, certainly a deserving candidate if ever there was one! In the top 3 for me for sure. 

12 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d5bb1a633b7eb0da591c6564c5f71491.jpeg

Surprisingly good, non greasy, true potato flavour.  The only strange thing is that it is Canadian Tire's house brand.  The 'turkey stuffing' flavour is good as well (but could use more sage...).

Seen them served in a bar we ate lunch in with poutine.  My daughter loved them.

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

@Ridgewaycynic2013, is it true what’s on the Ruffles All Dressed packaging, that they are Canada’s #1 flavor? I mean, certainly a deserving candidate if ever there was one! In the top 3 for me for sure. 

Slogans and claims by advertisers are roughly akin to claims made in political races...🤔

5 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Seen them served in a bar we ate lunch in with poutine.  My daughter loved them.

If tire sales slack off, there's always junk food to fall back on. 😁

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

As was posted upthread, a good French onion soup dip with Ruffles is a treat to behold—but the key is letting the dip rest in the fridge for at least a couple hours (ideally one day) before enjoying—something about the flavor really melding with the sour cream base—I’m getting hungrier as I type this out! 

100% on letting it sit in the fridge. Wifey always does it the day before.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

ruffles with heluva good french onion dip

tortilla chips.  pretty much any brand for both the chips and salsa (medium)

fritos  with bean dip.

Fantastic answer.  You’ve got to match the chip with the rest of the experience.

- Good, sturdy ruffle chip with great sour cream and onion dip is killer for me

- Quality tortilla chips used for nachos (layered for goodness sakes)

- Fritos (scoops) with chili 

- Good pita chips work great with a lot of dips too.  We make a killer caramelized onion dip that’s bomb with them

If I have to eat a chip by itself it would probably be a Pringles sour cream and onion chip or a Lay’s BBQ chip. 

Excellent topic BTW

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Cajun Squirrel Chips | Richard Byrd's Blog

Walkers launch Brussels sprout crisps for Christmas - yes really -  CoventryLive

Sadly, all of these are real, luckily they are limited to the UK (although I have seen the Haggis chips at Ocean State)....

I really hope that Walkers is a British offshoot of Frito Lay because if not, they blatantly ripped off the Lay's logo.

Edit: Google tells me that they are.

Edited by shrader

46 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Original Doritos

Chili Cheese Fritos

Jalapeno Cape Cod

Da bomb 💣 💥 💥 

Make a "walking 🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️ taco"... Small snack size bag of chili cheese Fritos with all the taco fixings.  Put in bag, grab fork.  Start walking boy, girl, boy, girl! 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♀️ 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♀️ 🚶‍♂️ 🚶‍♀️ Yum!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.