Top 3 Favorite Snack Chips

NoHuddleKelly12

From a store:

1) Ruffles have ridges. Original, no crazy flavors.

2) When I drive long distance, there is almost always a bag of salt and vinegar chips, washed down with a Diet Mountain Dew.

3) I did have a Crunchy Cheetos phase, years ago. 

When I go out certain restaurants have very good home made chips I enjoy with a side of ranch dip, unless there are wings anywhere in sight. I’d hate to live with that label, even if it was a misunderstanding.  🙄

I also have to mention the nacho, which I consider a major food group. It comes on a chip, and if you do it right you have something that almost brings a tear to my eye. 

Having said all that, I’m not allowed to bring chips home. My wife is a lovely person, but chips are her kryptonite. Marriage is all about compromise. I’m not much of a “snack person” in general, so I let her win that one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Since they haven't been mentioned yet, I usually go for the salt and vinegar.  It doesn't matter too much which brand it is, but it's usually the lesser known local ones that work out best.  They have this specific kind in the kitchen area of my office that is incredibly good.  But since I haven't been to that place in ages, I don't remember the name.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

ruffles with heluva good french onion dip

tortilla chips.  pretty much any brand for both the chips and salsa (medium)

fritos  with bean dip.

I can't tell the difference between Heluva and Bison... at least I can get the former down here. 

Wise original chips are our favorite.

Not sure if Charles Chips are still around but they are/were pretty good too.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, T&C said:

I can't tell the difference between Heluva and Bison... at least I can get the former down here. 

Wise original chips are our favorite.

Not sure if Charles Chips are still around but they are/were pretty good too.

unfortunately I can't get bison down here and you're right, hard to tell and why lists as a favorite to go with the chips 👍 

charles chips out of pa, in the tin container.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, A Firm Tree Does Not Fear said:

unfortunately I can't get bison down here and you're right, hard to tell and why lists as a favorite to go with the chips 👍 

charles chips out of pa, in the tin container.

As far back as the early 70's my Godmother had the Charles Chips delivered to the house... pretzels, whatever. The truck had all of their products on it so you just shopped in your driveway. This was in Alden. Same with the ice cream, don't remember the company that did that though, could have been Perry's but I really don't remember... right in your driveway. 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I don't eat any of that stuff, so my single contribution is to thank the gods that nobody mentioned Pringles.

The single worst product designed for human consumption that was ever invented.

It's OK to dislike Pringles and be wrong!

image.thumb.png.c5896193715e88122f7935f022ceba2e.png

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

The cheddar horseradish are my #1 by a landslide. Its rare that a bag makes it through the day once opened. The whole family loves them.

My original post actually just had a picture of them and said "There can be only one"

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.