Bears WR Wims gets two games for repeatedly punching Saints Safety

Gronkowsky's was worse, IMO. Mimm's punches really didn't have a lot of potential for concussion. Gronk's was straight up savage-- full body-weight with his braced arm. Brutal. I'm fine with two games, especially since Gardner-Johnson had poked Miller's face right before. Clearly, Gardner-Johnson is a douche. He should be fined for that action.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

Look I get Wims deserved to be suspended but that Gardner-Johnson dude shouldnt just be let off the hook. He deserves criticism for being the douche he is. His own teammate and best player on the Saints, Michael Thomas, even got suspended a game cause Gardner-Johnson pissed him off enough for him to get Thomas to swing off on him in practice. Couple that with the other GJ antics caught on film and this dude deserves a healthy dose of criticism for being such an asshat.

A valid point. 

But McAfee and guest point out there are ways to deal with an asshat within the bounds of the game, without getting yourself ejected and suspended for several games.  Or as Eric Wood once said, "there are things you can do on a football field that are severely illegal anywhere else"

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Gronkowsky's was worse, IMO. Mimm's punches really didn't have a lot of potential for concussion. Gronk's was straight up savage-- full body-weight with his braced arm. Brutal. I'm fine with two games, especially since Gardner-Johnson had poked Miller's face right before. Clearly, Gardner-Johnson is a douche. He should be fined for that action.

Agree - Gronk was worse was my first thought.   In this case I think with this it's more shock value that he actually did it - twice.- but to me the risk for injury is almost nil (twisting neck maybe more than anything).  This was more a behavior thing - like spitting, Gronk actually affected a player's health in a dangerous way.

It was hilarious and stupid at the same time.  Football fights are so dumb but apparently that guy on the Saints makes people want to punch him.

14 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This times a million.  That guy on the bears had laughable punches.  Gronk, all the 260 lbs on him, dropped an elbow on a guys head and got a game. Seems like some double standards.

and I still can’t get over how soft the Bills were after that.  

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

On the Gronk punishment scale, two games is about right.  Should have been at least 4.  It was premeditated, and he came back for more.  You need to send the strongest possible message here.

The fact that it was premeditated is the most concerning. I get “the heat of the moment” stuff will sometimes happen. This is different.