Congrats Dems

RiotAct

11 hours ago, RiotAct said:

With the remaining mail-in votes still to be counted as of 8 AM 11/4, pretty clear that Biden will win at least two of WI, MI, PA.

Close election... anyone predicting a blowout either way was just delusional.

There's nothing to congratulate. The republicans failed this country and forced those of us who aren't republicans to have no choice in the election and vote for the sh*tshow of Biden/Harris. 

3 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Trump wants them to stop counting. 

If they stop counting votes with the RESULTS WE HAVE NOW, Biden wins enough states for 270 votes. 

Therefore, it would be foolish for Trump to demand them to stop counting votes. 

they don’t want to stop the count and just throw all the ballots out they want to watch them count the ballots.  Which happens to be the law. Lot of misinformation out there. 

17 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

There's nothing to congratulate. The republicans failed this country and forced those of us who aren't republicans to have no choice in the election and vote for the sh*tshow of Biden/Harris. 

It's been like that for the last 4 years.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

they don’t want to stop the count and just throw all the ballots out they want to watch them count the ballots.  Which happens to be the law. Lot of misinformation out there. 

There are already people watching them count. The president doesn’t get to choose who those people are because he doesn’t like the results 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

There are already people watching them count. The president doesn’t get to choose who those people are because he doesn’t like the results 

to be clear they aren’t suing to throw out votes right?  Literally suing to just temporarily halt them so they can watch.  People saying they want to just throw out votes can get people hurt. It’s the stuff that starts violence 

8 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

They have observers in all sites.  In Michigan there were 250 Republicans and 250 Democrats observing where the counting site was crashed.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

I'm guessing you think the same of the jury selection process?  Just let the prosecution pick your jury....right?

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So to be clear they still want them all counted correct?

They are actually trying to stop the count, at least temporarily in MI and Pa.  They haven't really cited the grounds as yet.  I'm waiting to see what the basis is.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

They are actually trying to stop the count, at least temporarily in MI and Pa.  They haven't really cited the grounds as yet.  I'm waiting to see what the basis is.

yes I said temporarily thank you for repeating what I said.  But they are not throwing out votes they want all of them counted. Just to be clear 

Just now, aristocrat said:

yes I said temporarily thank you for repeating what I said.  But they are not throwing out votes they want all of them counted. Just to be clear 

Haven't seen the challenge yet.  I'm still waiting.  What is the basis for the dispute?  Are they challenging all the mail in votes, some of the mail in votes?  Don't know as yet.

12 hours ago, TBBills said:

Stop all the sudden Trump loses and you decide to be "civil" after all the bull#### you people did in this forum. Trying to run out anyone who didn't support Trump. Expect 4 years of it coming right back to you.

F U I dare you

8 hours ago, westside2 said:

So?????

You have no clue how this works do you?

Do you?

Trump certainly does not understand how it works other than hitting his lawyers speed-dial for every state that slides towards Biden.

For every election the voting stops and then the counting continues till all the votes are counted. Maybe if they used small words and picture books they could help the self-proclaimed genius understand this very simple concept.

Even then, there are steps on the way to ratifying the Electoral College votes. Calling the counting of every citizen's vote fraud is what authoritarian regimes do when their dictators lose the vote. Not that I actually expected any kind of grace from that orange buffoon.

You want real fraud, look to the GOP-led effort to knee-cap the USPS and how the GOP puppets in charge of the USPS disregarded court orders to ensure mail-in ballots were processed in key battle-ground states where coincidentally mail processing and delivery dropped during this election. 

Nothing is final yet, either way. If Trump wins the vote or if Biden wins, I expect there will be some lawsuits, but I expect they will not move the needle much on votes that were not tallied. If Biden wins, there is going to be a reckoning regarding the USPS board of governors and DeJoy. 

Edited by WideNine

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

Do you?

Trump certainly does not understand how it works other than hitting his lawyers speed-dial for every state that slides towards Biden.

For every election the voting stops and then the counting continues till all the votes are counted. Maybe if they used small words and picture books they could help the self-proclaimed genius understand this very simple concept.

Even then, there are steps on the way to ratifying the Electoral College votes. Calling the counting of every citizen's vote fraud is what authoritarian regimes do when their dictators lose the vote. Not that I actually expected any kind of grace from that orange buffoon.

You want real fraud, look to the GOP-led effort to knee-cap the USPS and how the GOP puppets in charge of the USPS disregarded court orders to ensure mail-in ballots were processed in key battle-ground states where coincidentally mail processing and delivery dropped during this election. 

Nothing is final yet, either way. If Trump wins the vote or if Biden wins, I expect there will be some lawsuits, but I expect they will not move the needle much on votes that were not tallied. If Biden wins, there is going to be a reckoning regarding the USPS board of governors and DeJoy. 

The only thing I’ve seen that I would consider fraud is when USPS refused a court order to sweep their locations for missing ballots.

10 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

The only thing I’ve seen that I would consider fraud is when USPS refused a court order to sweep their locations for missing ballots.

They didn't "refuse," they just weren't able to fully comply in time (3pm). The sweeps were still done from 4-8pm, I believe. They're not going to get penalized much for that, if at all.

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They didn't "refuse," they just weren't able to fully comply in time (3pm). The sweeps were still done from 4-8pm, I believe. They're not going to get penalized much for that, if at all.

that’s not how the judge feels based on the last I’ve seen:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/04/judge-postal-service-mail-in-ballots-434051

A federal judge thrashed the U.S. Postal Service Wednesday, and suggested he might seek testimony from Postmaster General Louis DeJoy for declining to comply with a last-minute court order to deploy postal inspectors to sweep facilities for undelivered ballots.

“Someone may have a price to pay for that,” said Judge Emmet Sulliivan of the U.S. District Court of Washington D.C.

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

that’s not how the judge feels based on the last I’ve seen:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/04/judge-postal-service-mail-in-ballots-434051

A federal judge thrashed the U.S. Postal Service Wednesday, and suggested he might seek testimony from Postmaster General Louis DeJoy for declining to comply with a last-minute court order to deploy postal inspectors to sweep facilities for undelivered ballots.

“Someone may have a price to pay for that,” said Judge Emmet Sulliivan of the U.S. District Court of Washington D.C.

Read the rest of the article and others like this one.

He doesn't like that they didn't respond quickly enough to tell him they wouldn't be able to comply with the 3pm deadline....that's fine. Not much is going to come of it, though. The normal daily sweeps were still done in the morning and evening.

19 hours ago, jkeerie said:

I am happy that Biden will win the White House...just to stop all the nonsense and get back some degree of normalcy.  I am disappointed that the Dems could not make a significant dent in the Senate.  However...Biden has always been known to reach across the aisle.  The only hope for this country to unify, will be for some solid attempts at bipartisan legislation to begin work on solving the problems of this country...the pandemic, health care, the economy and job creation, infrastructure, voting rights, etc.  Extremists on the right and on the left are going to have to take a seat and learn to compromise for the good of the country.  I just hope McConnell doesn't resort to his obstructionist tendencies to prevent any Biden successes.  It's not about winning...it's about governing, dang it!

Biden creates 94 crime bill which leads to mass incarceration for the predator minorities.  leading to huge racial divide in the country and having to reform those mistakes decades later.  blame trump for the racial divide and elect the guy who actually is the reason for the problem. classic.  i guess in a way it's smart to elect the guy who created the problem though. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Biden creates 94 crime bill which leads to mass incarceration for the predator minorities.  leading to huge racial divide in the country and having to reform those mistakes decades later.  blame trump for the racial divide and elect the guy who actually is the reason for the problem. classic.  i guess in a way it's smart to elect the guy who created the problem though. 

Always makes me laugh when you talk to a Democrat and they call you a racist for voting Trump, yet you ask them what Trump as done to hurt minorities and they have nothing.

Yet Biden has legit political past of hurting minorities.  Main stream media though, they control the masses it seems.

• Like (+1) 1