Greg S

NFL-related Covid News

Hapless Bills Fan

Per poll, creating one thread to discuss the impact of covid on different NFL teams around the league -

players or coaches/staff testing positive

potential impact on games of players on covid-19 reserve

NFL policies on covid-19 testing, return to action etc

Please respect @SDS pinned post and do NOT make general covid-19 comments or political discussion

Please keep any posts tightly focused on NFL policies and impacts of covid-19

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This stuff has been happening, no?  

I feel like increased attention will be on any positive case again because of the Ravens issues, but for the past X weeks, players/coach positives and temporary facility shutdowns have been somewhat commonplace. 

Teams have been mitigating and following protocol so games went on as scheduled... until the Ravens entered the chat.  

Edited by SCBills

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Teams have been mitigating and following protocol so games went on as scheduled... until the Ravens entered the chat. 

Exactly. 

I think the Ravens should forfeit, be fined the amount of the Steelers game checks, and pay the Steelers.  But that's just me.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Exactly. 

I think the Ravens should forfeit, be fined the amount of the Steelers game checks, and pay the Steelers.  But that's just me.

I think this is the cleanest-cut. 

The Ravens broke protocol after receiving the league-wide memo from the commissioner explaining the potential consequences of this exact situation. Forfeit the game Sunday, in hope that’s they can play with those left on the roster for Thursday’s game. This stops the potential spread and impacts scheduling zero, resulting in no unfair alterations to other teams. 

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think this is the cleanest-cut. 

The Ravens broke protocol after receiving the league-wide memo from the commissioner explaining the potential consequences of this exact situation. Forfeit the game Sunday, in hope that’s they can play with those left on the roster for Thursday’s game. This stops the potential spread and impacts scheduling zero, resulting in no unfair alterations to other teams. 

Fairest to the Steelers too.  Give them back their bye.

And Rams:

I hope the Ravens lose at least 1 draft choice out of this mess.