NFL-related Covid News

Greg S
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please refer to @SDS pinned post

This is NOT a thread for general covid-19 discussion - state of the pandemic across the country, what death rate is currently etc etc etc

It is to discuss:
-NFL Covid Policy (with references, not your speculation about how they test or what you think they should do)

-Player test results

-How NFL covid results affects teams and games

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I didn't watch that particular game, so I'm not sure what their game plan was. But yeah, if they were trying to pass 1st in a game with 4 WRs out, also with the pretty darn good running game they have, then yes, that is a head scratcher.

53 passing attempts to about under 15 runs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BananaB said:

53 passing attempts to about under 15 runs. 

Wow, well that's a recipe for a loss when your 4 starting WR's are out. That's crazy, I think all 4 were starting WR's right? Believe that's what I read. The Jets have a decent run defense but the Browns have a good running game. I would think I would have ran the ball much more to see how things went and hopefully open up a little bit of a passing game rather than just start slinging it with 4 starting WR's out.

But hey, that's just me. I'm no "expert" or anything.  Yeah if the Browns do get lucky and make it in I don't expect them to do very much with those sort of decisions. They may not beat the Steelers backups. Don't know how many starters the Steelers are planning on sitting exactly, but I'm sure it will still be a few starters that will still be playing for a certain amount of time still.

I know they reported Ben will sit, didn't read too much further than that. So don't know if they are sitting all their starting WR's also.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

• ChevyVanMiller changed the title to Alvin Kamara Positive for Covid (Again)

Kind of worrisome that any player could be put on the covid list at any time during the playoffs. Just this week we've had Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward, Devin White, and now Kamara. What happens if say Mahomes has a positive test the day before the AFC Championship?

Just now, HappyDays said:

Kind of worrisome that any player could be put on the covid list at any time during the playoffs. Just this week we've had Fitzpatrick, Denzel Ward, Devin White, and now Kamara. What happens if say Mahomes has a positive test the day before the AFC Championship?

If this possibility is just occurring to you then you are extremely late to the party.

Anything goes this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Lol what?

What exactly were you expecting? 

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

If this possibility is just occurring to you then you are extremely late to the party.

Anything goes this year.

Yeah it's just been more common the past couple weeks. It makes sense with new covid cases at an all time high. I just worry the best Bills season in two decades will be ruined by something out of their control. I hope Bills players are isolating themselves for the next month.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Terrible news for Saints. Hopefully he’s cleared for playoffs 

If policy is 10 days, and we know today is Friday, isn't it just math.....

I don't understand all this talk of "potentially" missing the wildcard game on twitter.