NFL-related Covid News

Greg S
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please refer to @SDS pinned post

This is NOT a thread for general covid-19 discussion - state of the pandemic across the country, what death rate is currently etc etc etc

It is to discuss:
-NFL Covid Policy (with references, not your speculation about how they test or what you think they should do)

-Player test results

-How NFL covid results affects teams and games

https://www.nfl.com/news/larry-fitzgerald-focused-on-staying-alive-not-football-future-during-bout-with-c

Despite missing his first two games since 2014, Fitzgerald told reporters Thursday he wasn't pondering his future during his battle with COVID-19.

"I didn't really look at it like that," Fitzgerald said, per Darren Urban of the team's official site. "It was more the immediate future like staying alive and things of that nature. Football, and how long I'll play football, didn't really cross my mind." 

Fitzgerald said he lost nine pounds and still hasn't regained his sense of smell or taste.  "There were a couple days I didn't feel great," he said.

The 17-year-pro said the virus caused him to "reevaluate things," and he even updated his will while out with the virus.  "I got my estate planning all done up again, I revised my will," Fitzgerald said. "I did a lot of stuff. When you're sitting at home and you're watching how many people are dying every day, you really kind of reevaluate things. It makes you appreciate the health that you have."

On 12/8/2020 at 8:29 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30490568/baltimore-ravens-wr-dez-bryant-says-tested-negative-back-back-covid-19

https://www.nfl.com/news/sills-panthers-covid-19-transmission-linked-to-players-gathering-outside-facilit

NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills said Wednesday the Panthers' COVID-19 transmission was linked back "to some gathering of players outside the team facility" during Carolina's bye week, per The Athletic's Joe Person.

"We've worked with the club on that," Sills said, via Person. "Worked with the involved individuals and I think we'll continue to see improvement there (with) repeated messaging" regarding what players should and shouldn't do when away from the team's facility.

The Panthers reported no new positive tests overnight into Tuesday, per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. As of now, key offensive players D.J. Moore and Curtis Samuel are among those placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Carolina could face fines and/or loss of a draft pick for their players' actions. The Las Vegas Raiders were fined $500,000 as an organization, coach Jon Gruden was hit with a $150,000 fine, and the team was stripped of a sixth-round pick for its COVID-19 protocol violations in early November. Those fines and the loss of the pick were due to the Raiders being a repeat offender in violating protocol.

• Like (+1) 1