NFL-related Covid News

Greg S
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please refer to @SDS pinned post

This is NOT a thread for general covid-19 discussion - state of the pandemic across the country, what death rate is currently etc etc etc

It is to discuss:
-NFL Covid Policy (with references, not your speculation about how they test or what you think they should do)

-Player test results

-How NFL covid results affects teams and games

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And another positive for the Ravens

Yeah that was yesterday.  Today will be important.  If they get another positive today, then this is still working through their team.  They have so far judged these all to be incubation period positives, so all from the same coach.  Interesting to watch the Steelers too.  

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I don't see how that game gets played tomorrow.

Steelers would be livid.  

Helps Ravens by not having to play decimated, and potentially opening up the 4th WC - which is something they may need to rely on.  

Steelers, and correct me if i'm wrong, but could lose out on the single bye?

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Steelers would be livid.  

Helps Ravens by not having to play decimated, and potentially opening up the 4th WC - which is something they may need to rely on.  

Steelers, and correct me if i'm wrong, but could lose out on the single bye?

Only in the scenario where they add another Wild card to the playoffs.  But they are going to lose it with their loss to the Bills...

At some point the Steelers should have the right to say "no".  Guys are still testing positive - shut down the Ravens for a week.  It's not fair, but this was never going to end fairly.  The "unfairness" should impact those that broke rules/protocols.

• Like (+1) 1

Watch Ravens get healthy before Steelers costing Steelers the game.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2920348-nfl-reportedly-pondering-3rd-postponement-of-ravens-vs-steelers-amid-covid-19

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/30/steelers-ravens-covid-19-rescheduled-wednesday-nfl/

I was going to say this is bordering on ridiculous but it has gone well beyond that. This would push the Steelers into playing the Washington Football Team on only three days rest. Which is in essence punishing a team for doing nothing wrong. The only partial fix to this would be to move Steelers vs Washington to Monday night, which just shortens the following week by a day as well.

I’m not sure what the league’s goal is here but it doesn’t feel like player safety anymore. They are doing all they can to make this situation as comfortable as they can for the team that broke all the COVID-19 protocols and really don’t care about the harm it does to the team that didn’t.

Sounds like the Titans.

Per source, there are new fears of Ravens players refusing to play tomorrow night, which technically would be a wildcat strike. It could create major issues between NFL and NFLPA, if it happens. Potentially, it could jeopardize the balance of the season.

Broncos should have done that.

Browns close facility.  Staffer positive.

Hours before one AFC North team is set to kick off a thrice-rescheduled game due to one of this season's most prominent COVID-19 outbreaks, another has closed its facilities after receiving results of a positive COVID test on Wednesday. The Cleveland Browns announced ahead of Week 13that they will temporarily conduct preparations remotely after a staff member apparently contracted the virus. They are scheduled to visit the Tennessee Titans on Sunday.

NFL playoff bubbles a subject of active discussion as COVID cases rise

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-playoff-bubbles-a-subject-of-active-discussion-as-covid-cases-rise

NFL officials are actively discussing creating "local bubbles" for the 14 or 16 teams that make the playoffs -- isolating all personnel in hotels except to go to and from the team facility and strictly enforcing limitations on who is permitted inside to interact with players, coaches or support staff.

That's considered a more feasible solution than creating 32 separate bubbles for the remainder of the regular season, or creating one large bubble in the mold of the NBA and NHL playoffs, with thousands more people inside because of the size of NFL rosters and staffs.

No final decision has been made, and the union would also need to sign off. Bubbles do have a downside.

For one, they take about a week to establish once everyone has gone through COVID-19 testing and other protocols. Also, there still would be some people coming and going, and if someone tests positive inside the bubble, the possibility of an outbreak can increase dramatically -- concerns Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL's chief medical officer, has voiced publicly over the past several months.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

MV5BNTAxOTkwMzc2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg4

Look...it's coming.  The sooner we all come to grips with it the better we will be able to handle and process it.  "Isolation Island" Fromm is going to be throwing to TJ Graham in the AFC Divisional Round Playoffs, so just deal with it.

How did I never know this movie existed Donuts?? Updating my Amazon Prime queue as we speak! :w00t:   

• Haha (+1) 2