NFL-related Covid News

Greg S
Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

Please refer to @SDS pinned post

This is NOT a thread for general covid-19 discussion - state of the pandemic across the country, what death rate is currently etc etc etc

It is to discuss:
-NFL Covid Policy (with references, not your speculation about how they test or what you think they should do)

-Player test results

-How NFL covid results affects teams and games

18 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

At this rate expect the season to be paused sooner then later

This makes sense. 1 state institutes a mask mandate during sporting events so that they can continue to be played with spectators and that means at this rate the season will be paused? 🤨

37 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

At this rate expect the season to be paused sooner then later

Don't think so.

The NFL is highly motivated to find a way to get the season in, and they will.

If these games have to be moved out of state, so be it.   You can argue the home field advantage is not that great these days in most games anyway.

They’ll need a fence.  A big one.

Pennsylvania Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine announced targeted efforts to stem the surge of new COVID-19 cases Tuesday. Anyone who visits from another state will soon be required to have a negative test within 72 hours before entering the state. If they can't or choose not to get a test, or they're still waiting on results, they have to quarantine for 14 days. 

The same goes for Pennsylvanians visiting other states. They're required to get a test 72 hours prior to returning or they have to quarantine for 14 days. "We really want people to stay at home, to stay in their household, and not to travel," Levine said.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEILcvByh00IgoFyrokh8sUAqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICML_fxAU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

58 minutes ago, Beast said:

Just move their games out of state.

I mean, anyone that has played a competitive sport knows wearing something that restricts breathing is not a good idea.

Half these guys wear masks when it’s cold out and they play outside anyway. 

I’ve work a mask skiing and it was fine. I don’t think this is a big deal 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

There's a loop hole, here's the entire order....

https://www.governor.pa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/20201117-SOH-Universal-Face-Coverings-Order-Update.pdf

They can use face shields, attach them to their helmets. So if you're on the field, with your helmet on, you're good. 

So you mean there was hysteria caused by people who chose not to read anything further than the headline and maybe paragraph 1?  I'm shocked.

18 minutes ago, hemma said:

They’ll need a fence.  A big one.

Pennsylvania Health Secretary Dr. Rachel Levine announced targeted efforts to stem the surge of new COVID-19 cases Tuesday. Anyone who visits from another state will soon be required to have a negative test within 72 hours before entering the state. If they can't or choose not to get a test, or they're still waiting on results, they have to quarantine for 14 days. 

The same goes for Pennsylvanians visiting other states. They're required to get a test 72 hours prior to returning or they have to quarantine for 14 days. "We really want people to stay at home, to stay in their household, and not to travel," Levine said.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEILcvByh00IgoFyrokh8sUAqGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICML_fxAU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

The order, which goes into effect on Friday, doesn't apply to people who commute to and from another state for work. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

So you mean there was hysteria caused by people who chose not to read anything further than the headline and maybe paragraph 1?  I'm shocked.

The order, which goes into effect on Friday, doesn't apply to people who commute to and from another state for work. 

This is very important ^ needed to not be lost.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30343474/nfl-memo-says-all-nfl-teams-operate-intensive-covid-19-protocols

Masks or league-approved Oakley helmet face shields at all times in every part of the facility, including on the practice field.

"Double PPE" during medical treatment for the patient and the provider -- i.e., a player receiving treatment for an injury must wear both a mask and a face shield during that treatment and so must the doctor or trainer performing the treatment.

I am surprised about this.  NFLPA objected to thigh pads.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29454756/nfl-unveils-oakley-mouth-shield-combat-coronavirus

Houston Texans star defensive lineman J.J. Watt, for one, is firmly against the idea of wearing a face shield.

"My second year in the league I thought it'd be cool, I put a visor on my helmet," Watt told ProFootballTalk. "I was like, 'It looks so cool, I wanna put a visor on.' I had it on for about three periods of practice and I said, 'Take this sucker off -- I'm gonna die out here.' ... So now you're gonna put something around my mouth? You can keep that. If that comes into play, I don't think you're gonna see me on the field."

And Watt's not alone, as other players also are pushing back against the face shields as they negotiate safety protocols with the NFL, expressing concerns about their effect on their field of vision, sources told ESPN's Dan Graziano.

I wonder if Watt will refuse to wear helmet if he is getting treatment?

A limit of 10 players and five coaches at any one time in the weight room, regardless of the size of the room.

Call the contractor and break the weight room of Bills up into smaller rooms.  That room is huge!

dma1uweborqh62qquh7j.jpg

Picture below is from before new protocols.

mfbatdkmpngjhbsdzkmn.jpg

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Just move their games out of state.

I mean, anyone that has played a competitive sport knows wearing something that restricts breathing is not a good idea.

I bet hockey players could handle it football players are wusses