Trade AJ Klein for for a bag of donuts, a hot pretzel and a hot dog

2 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

hmm.. yeah must be a numbers game..  more bodies for the same $$.   I'm sure it all made sense, assuming Star comes back and eats up two guys every down, which he didn't -- Beane didn't see that one coming... all the bulk from last year gone.   Trying to do it with rotation this year instead...    Tough to do.   

I think they had hopes that at least one of them would play 1T but based upon Joe Buscaglia's all-22 analysis they all seem disinclined

We haven’t seen Klein’s best football. 
I watched him some in Carolina but barely in New Orleans. He’s not a coverage guy, never has been. 
He’s a traditional MLB to play run downs, think a less physical Brandon spikes. At some point I’d love to see the coaches go to more of a traditional 4-3 the first down or two with Klein inside and milano and Edmunds outside. You can still have milano and Edmunds for coverage and Tremaine can still handle the defensive calls. 
Klein has played really bad, don’t think anyone can dispute that. But he is capable of playing much better. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane did a poor job of replacing defensive players who were lost-- and adding to the depth on that side of the ball. LB situation is terrible (especially with Edmunds' regression), and CB is also pretty ugly, with only one good starter.

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's spent more money than he would have on Shaq and Phillips, and gotten less performance.

OMG that just made me throw up in my mouth reading that.  Yeah I have to admit his defensive acquisitions this past off-season have been less than stellar.  I can't bring myself to believe that he's not going to swing SOMETHING by the trade deadline.  We need defensive help in the worst way, and if we don't make at least one significant acquisition(1-tech PLEASE) this year, we could wind up being one and done come post-season.

I think he's rounding into form. The older and slower LBs really need time to warm up. 

21 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

OMG that just made me throw up in my mouth reading that.  Yeah I have to admit his defensive acquisitions this past off-season have been less than stellar.  I can't bring myself to believe that he's not going to swing SOMETHING by the trade deadline.  We need defensive help in the worst way, and if we don't make at least one significant acquisition(1-tech PLEASE) this year, we could wind up being one and done come post-season.

Thirty-nine minutes and counting. Fingers crossed. 

The defense performance against the run was generally horrible.  With that being said, why the heck were they in nickel coverage for almost the entire game?  The answer: no actual linebacker depth.  It's great to have some guys that excel in special teams but when you populate that group to such an extent that you don't have enough capable position players, you have gone too far.  Much of special teams is based on effort, ability to run, and desire.  Teams need to have at least four LB's that can actually play LB.  Buffalo has two and one of them probably shouldn't be playing until he is healthy.  If Beane is looking to make a trade, he should be looking to get a LB because that lack of depth is killing the defense.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, par73 said:

Beane did a poor job of replacing defensive players who were lost-- and adding to the depth on that side of the ball. LB situation is terrible (especially with Edmunds' regression), and CB is also pretty ugly, with only one good starter.

I think it was a case of undervaluing the guys they let go. I’ll admit I didn’t think we had anyone who would be a major loss. When that mistake is made, it’s easy to think you could replace them with anyone. The LB situation was simply an oversight though. The front office should have known that was a weak spot. 

6 hours ago, benderbender said:

Knee jerk reaction time. Has McBeane and Co whiffed as badly on defensive talent as much as they seem to have on AJ Klein?

He’s got a 3 year 18 mil contract with 9.7 guaranteed and the only discernible highlight play he has made in hindsight was to not tackle Newton so he could get the ball punched out by Zimmer. 

Man, that title was so misleading. I thought we got a bag of donuts a pretzel and a hot dog.  Thats not true at all.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they had hopes that at least one of them would play 1T but based upon Joe Buscaglia's all-22 analysis they all seem disinclined

ah.. yeah you'd think 300lbs would be enough (eg. Harry) , but I guess not.   Never never been doubled by two 300+lb ers , so I wouldn't know.   Oliver way too light for that, reminds of Jeff Wright at like 250 playing nose tackle in the SB years.  NFC teams just ran him over.   We are loaded with 280-300lb 3 techs , but no 1 techs.  Beane did not have a plan for Star sitting out, frankly not sure one was available then.   Poe is available, but he is 40lbs overweight and McD ain't goin for that.   Rotational D Line is what we got for this season.   

Go light it up on offense and make teams throw it.   That's my prescription.  

• Like (+1) 1

Nothing says breakfast on game day better than a doughnut and a beer.

6 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

ah.. yeah you'd think 300lbs would be enough (eg. Harry) , but I guess not.   Never never been doubled by two 300+lb ers , so I wouldn't know.   Oliver way too light for that, reminds of Jeff Wright at like 250 playing nose tackle in the SB years.  NFC teams just ran him over.   We are loaded with 280-300lb 3 techs , but no 1 techs.  Beane did not have a plan for Star sitting out, frankly not sure one was available then.   Poe is available, but he is 40lbs overweight and McD ain't goin for that.   Rotational D Line is what we got for this season.   

Go light it up on offense and make teams throw it.   That's my prescription.  

Poe must be as wide as he is tall, just have him lay down at the snap and he'll clog up a hole.

Edited by frostbitmic

untradeable and most unfortunate..un-cut-able

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/aj-klein-12429/

Kleins cap numbers are unfriendly to cutting him without absorbing approx 4M in dead cap for next season and you cant do that given our 2021 cap and all the unsigned vets (Milano, Feliciano, the other G, the RT come to mind).

Insert insulting cliche here... slow white guy who plays with high motor...not sure what they saw here in when they scouted-signed him other than maybe more of a match to replace LorAx than Milano.

7 hours ago, benderbender said:

Knee jerk reaction time. Has McBeane and Co whiffed as badly on defensive talent as much as they seem to have on AJ Klein?

He’s got a 3 year 18 mil contract with 9.7 guaranteed and the only discernible highlight play he has made in hindsight was to not tackle Newton so he could get the ball punched out by Zimmer. 

I think we would have to also throw in a 2nd to justify and pretzel and a hotdog.   Hes that bad. 

• Haha (+1) 1