Trade AJ Klein for for a bag of donuts, a hot pretzel and a hot dog

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The problem is his contract. Any FO with access to film won’t take it. 

This and the fact that there’s not a better healthy replacement on the roster.  Andre Smith wasn’t very good either and Tyler Matekevich probably is worse.  

Maybe Darron Lee can at least  provide some help with coverage, but it might take a few weeks.  

Fingers crossed...if all goes well after the bye, the LB room should looks like this:

starters:

- Edmunds

- Milano
- Dodson

depth:

Klein

Lee

Phillips

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

Definitely Beane's worst signing since becoming our GM.

At least most of his whiffs could be cut easily after a season.  

Klein will be taking up a worthless roster spot for the next two years, unless we are willing to take the dead cap hit.

Murphy's is right up there too

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Klein and Murphy are the first two that put a small dent into the pristine image I have of Brandon Beane as a GM.  

The fan base was overwhelmingly critical of keeping Murphy on the roster and signing Klein... and here we are, halfway through the season, and Klein has been terrible, while we potentially have to “sweeten the deal” to move Murphy’s contract in any trade scenario.  

Kelvin Benjamin trade

Quinton Spain 3 yr deal to be cut a few months later 

Going into the 2018 season with a QB depth of 

1) Nathan Peterman

2) Josh Allen

39 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This.  Frankly, all of Beane's off-season FA acquisitions on defense have been huge disappointments so far, at least to me.

He's spent more money than he would have on Shaq and Phillips, and gotten less performance.

Beane bears some of the responsibility for the pro personnel side of the house not assessing UFAs.  I would also place some of the problem on the HC and a scheme that apparently needed players like Klein.  Sure, every 40 front needs the SLB, but McD has roster control and he had to have signed off on the signing. 

McD gets a wide berth here and I understand why because it's a Bills message board.  At the same time, not all UFA decisions are solely on Beane.  They're a team and thus far have swung and missed more than I'd like to see.  Furthermore, as @BADOLBILZ points out, they've been very lucky in personnel decisions especially the draft. 

The big concern if this persists is that Buffalo reaches their ceiling of being a 10 win team a la Tennessee a few years ago and doesn't make the leap forward.  Either way, Pro Personnel needs to be better and the scheme McD has must adapt. 

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

Knee jerk reaction time. Has McBeane and Co whiffed as badly on defensive talent as much as they seem to have on AJ Klein?

He’s got a 3 year 18 mil contract with 9.7 guaranteed and the only discernible highlight play he has made in hindsight was to not tackle Newton so he could get the ball punched out by Zimmer. 

Not true, he also missed the previous third down tackle where he had the ball carrier behind the line of scrimmage but allowed him to convert.   If he makes that tackle they kick the field goal and we probably go to OT.   So that is two highlight (lowlight?) plays.   

Game balls for Zimmer.... and Klein? 🤣

Edited by buffalostu2

TBH I hadnt really paid any attention to this signing at all. I did finally notice him when he over pursued Cam Newton on the TD. Then I started to notice how bad this guy was (at least in our defensive scheme). And.... wait for it.... He also played for the Carolina Panthers!!!! Wow did Beane not learn his lesson with Diggs or Brown that you can get quality difference making players by dealing with teams OTHER than Carolina?? Its getting ridiculous how he gets every Carolina retread in here!

Edmunds is a mess as well.  Regardless whomever is playing DT he constantly picks the wrong hole or over pursues in the hole.  Watch the Newton fumble-there is a lineman driving him backwards 5-10 yards.  He plays too upright.  Likely he has the wrong body type for the position.  Let Milano go.  He is a China doll.  Move Edmunds outside and sign or draft a true MLB.  

• Sad 1

I'm pretty sure they didn't expect he'd have to play this much but because Milano has been injured, they've needed him out there. Although, later in the game on Sunday, I did start to notice that Milano was out there for most of the last two Patriot drives. Hopefully he's a full go this week.