National Spotlight - Face it Buffalo is not much of a story

Speaking of the spotlight it looks like the Bills vs Seahawks is one of the best games on FOX. You do have the Bears vs Titans which is an attractive game and Chicago is a big market. Then there is Chiefs vs Panthers. You have Mahomes and the Chiefs but Carolina is meh. I wonder if we get the FOX #1 team in Aikman and Buck. 6-1 Seattle vs 6-2 Buffalo and Wilson is one of the league's biggest stars.

Edited by Greg S

5 minutes ago, 97bills said:

We’ve been getting a ton of attention I see that Derrick Henry right hook two or three times a day. 

I still think it's funny this play is getting so much attention. Sure, Norman got stiff armed into a parallel universe, but he slowed Henry down enough that it was only a 4 yard gain. And the play had offsetting penalties anyway so it was 100% irrelevant to the outcome of the game. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Speaking of the spotlight it looks like the Bills vs Seahawks is one of the best games on FOX. You do have the Bears vs Titans which is an attractive game and Chicago is a big market. Then there is Chiefs vs Panthers. You have Mahomes and the Chiefs but Carolina is meh. I wonder if we get the FOX #1 team in Aikman and Buck. 6-1 Seattle vs 6-2 Buffalo and Wilson is one of the league's biggest stars.

Myers & Jennings for this game. Which is great as Aikman gives my arse a headache. 

The Bills are ranked between 6th and 9th in the major power rankings-- CBS, ESPN, USA Today, NFL and Washington Post.  That's just about right, and plenty of respect from the chattering class.  Why that matters I don't know, because they are just opinions.  You are what your record says you are, and that's 6-2 with a fairly difficult schedule thus far.

1 hour ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I really just want one game this year where I can relax and enjoy a dominate performance by the Bills. Instead of feeling dread through the whole second half. 

A laugher would be quite nice.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I'm a fan & that is what I expected.....  They're perfectly fine, just want to see the Offense playing like they were weeks 1-4 and blaim McD & coaching.  

As fans we expect better.

Ricky Bobby syndrome.  You are either first or you are last it seems.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They were after week 4, but now not so much as people for the most part are meh about a 6-2 team that has not played well the past four weeks.

I wish it was different, but it is what it is.

Look at the stories going on.....

WIlson and the 6-1 Seahwaks, Pitt undefeated, KC being KC, TB  & TB, Brees and what exactly are the Saints, NYJ (ha ha ha), Dallas (what a disaster), Rodgers regressing, Baltimore and has the league figured out Lamar, Arizona & is Kyler a star, Burrow, Herbert........

I want the Bills in thew spotlight and hope that changes the next two weeks. 

You're right and I can't say that I have been that excited about the Bills performances against the Titans, Chiefs, Jets or Patriots either but they can change that with wins against the Seahawks and Cardinals the next two weeks.  They need some wins against teams that are play-off bound this year

It doesnt matter how well they played in September or how poorly they played in October.  Post Thankgiving can Buffalo play their best football.  If Buffalo can run the ball when they want to, and play scrappy defense they will be a tough out for anyone.  I think the last to weeks were good ugly wins.  The defense played better.  Sea at home at 1pm is a winnable game.  Buffalo wins the league takes notice.  Even so the teams that win superbowls play the best in December and January.

34 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

It comes down to a storyline and right now JA has chilled a bit. But right back in the spotlight with games against Wilson ( the first half MVP) and the a bit overhyped but electric K Murray will give the Bills an opportunity. If they excel the spotlight will shine bright. Two losses will bring in the pretenders discussion. Two wins it’s all about the Bills. Just how the media cycle goes. I really feel the pressure to beat the Pats is unreal and I expect the next two games to see an improvement from the Bills. They will need it!

I was going to give you a thumbs up, but I highlighted where we disagree.

Two losses & they are pretenders, no ifs, ands or buts.....

The only people it affected (pressure) was the Coaching staff, who were not great in the game.  Allowing the NE Offense to move the ball effotlessly the second half.  

Their first drive the second half was 32 yards & then they went TD, TD & 65 yards (fumbling on the 14).  Like a hot knife through butter.

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 minute ago, HT02 said:

You're right and I can't say that I have been that excited about the Bills performances against the Titans, Chiefs, Jets or Patriots either but they can change that with wins against the Seahawks and Cardinals the next two weeks.  They need some wins against teams that are play-off bound this year

Rams and Raiders could be playoff bound.

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They were after week 4, but now not so much as people for the most part are meh about a 6-2 team that has not played well the past four weeks.

I wish it was different, but it is what it is.

Look at the stories going on.....

WIlson and the 6-1 Seahwaks, Pitt undefeated, KC being KC, TB  & TB, Brees and what exactly are the Saints, NYJ (ha ha ha), Dallas (what a disaster), Rodgers regressing, Baltimore and has the league figured out Lamar, Arizona & is Kyler a star, Burrow, Herbert........

I want the Bills in thew spotlight and hope that changes the next two weeks. 

I just don't care.  

I wish the Bills were 8-0.  I hope they win out.  And more than anything, I hope they win the Super Bowl.

But I don't care about the spotlight.  Since pretty much the only sports I watch is Bills games - including pregame and halftime - I barely even notice whether or not we're getting any.  I truly couldn't care less what the pundits think.   

You folks on this site are more knowledgeable about the Bills than the national media guys anyway.  If I want good useful analysis to help form my own opinions, I come here.  The national hype is unimportant.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Rams and Raiders could be playoff bound.

Possibly but not certainly, I should have been clearer I meant the teams that are legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl.  The Seahawks and Cardinals are playing much better football than those two right now.