National Spotlight - Face it Buffalo is not much of a story

They were after week 4, but now not so much as people for the most part are meh about a 6-2 team that has not played well the past four weeks.

I wish it was different, but it is what it is.

Look at the stories going on.....

WIlson and the 6-1 Seahwaks, Pitt undefeated, KC being KC, TB  & TB, Brees and what exactly are the Saints, NYJ (ha ha ha), Dallas (what a disaster), Rodgers regressing, Baltimore and has the league figured out Lamar, Arizona & is Kyler a star, Burrow, Herbert........

I want the Bills in thew spotlight and hope that changes the next two weeks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

That spotlight illuminated the fact that the Bills are still The Not Ready for Prime Time Players.

We were, many of us, giddy going into the TN game and the team shat the bed.  It’s nice that we have a decent team. We do not have a dominant team.

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Pitt and KC are both decidedly better than Buffalo unless the Bills can straighten out the defense.  If they can, they'd be up  there with them too.  Agree, Lamar may be figured out.

Figured out... ?  only unbeaten team with an incredible defense skills players and a HoF QB breaks up a game winning TD pass in the end zone.

what a life hack

• Haha (+1) 1

Just like the title says, it seems that this is the consensus around here. I bet most of you would agree Bucs have a strong chance at contending, yet all the negativity here lately would say the opposite for the Bills. 

Have we won ugly in some cases? Hell yeah 

Years ago we would be begging for the ugly wins, rather than losses. Appreciate the fact that we will most likely win the division for the first time since Tom Brady decided to pick up a football. We’re not there yet maybe but we waaaay closer than we were in the last 20 years. We have this year to gain even more experience and an off-season to shore up those holes. Remember one show stopper on D can change a whole game, so just chill and enjoy the stressful show....at least this year the stress ends in a W!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Buffalo will not gain national respect unless they make a deep run in the playoffs. In addition to this Josh Allen has to play more consistently at a high level.

The emergence of of a problematic team in South Florida (Miami) also plays into the Bills losing luster. The Bills are not the underdog anymore. Miami now sits in that role in the AFCE. Underdogs make for better press.

• Like (+1) 4

Agreed. Both teams have vastly different strengths and weaknesses, but both feel similar when watching their games.

We ARE a GOOD team. The problem plaguing Bills fans and this board is that after 20 years of bad football and watching the Patriots dominate, our fans think you need to play PERFECT football in order to win. That isnt the case.

• Like (+1) 6

We had 2 prime time games after getting a ton of press for starting 4-0 and got our asses handed to us in back to back weeks on national TV. After that we played 2 of the worse teams in the NFL, narrowly won and looked bad doing it. We don't deserve any attention until we prove we deserve it

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Yup - The National Media wanted Buffalo to be a story, but we failed against Tenn/KC and now they've moved on...justifiably.   Doesn't mean we can't become a national storyline again... We have another chance this Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1

Key word: Contenders. While they having a winning record and have beaten some good teams, they aren't elite yet, just like the Bills. NFC is still going through Seattle, Arizona and Green Bay. AFC has Pittsburgh, KC. The Bills are also "contenders", but will need to beat Seattle and Pittsburgh to be considered elite or favored in the Superbowl.

Nice to at least be at the adult table, though... 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

They emberassed themselves on national TV two weeks in a row. The media loves winners and they love Buffalo when they win. 

Barring an upset win over Seattle or Pittsburgh, the narrative the rest of the way will be the demise of New England and Tua's play with the Dolphins.

If the national media wants to spend all their time talking about two teams sitting at home in January while we're hosting a playoff game, what do I care?

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

They were after week 4, but now not so much as people for the most part are meh about a 6-2 team that has not played well the past four weeks.

I wish it was different, but it is what it is.

Look at the stories going on.....

WIlson and the 6-1 Seahwaks, Pitt undefeated, KC being KC, TB  & TB, Brees and what exactly are the Saints, NYJ (ha ha ha), Dallas (what a disaster), Rodgers regressing, Baltimore and has the league figured out Lamar, Arizona & is Kyler a star, Burrow, Herbert........

I want the Bills in thew spotlight and hope that changes the next two weeks. 

Who cares whether they are in the spotlight? I'd rather they be ignored until the playoffs. 

Plus, the national takes on the Bills and the performances of individual players on the team are, IMHO, frequently shallow and just as frequently wrong. 

• Like (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Figured out... ?  only unbeaten team with an incredible defense skills players and a HoF QB breaks up a game winning TD pass in the end zone.

what a life hack

Wasn’t the first bad game for Jackson this season. Defenses have figured him out

4 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

I really just want one game this year where I can relax and enjoy a dominate performance by the Bills. Instead of feeling dread through the whole second half. 

That rarely ever happens in the NFL, and even if it did, we still wouldnt believe it as Bills fans until the final whistle anyways.

7 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Who cares whether they are in the spotlight? I'd rather they be ignored until the playoffs. 

This.  I have zero problems with the Bills being excluded from the spotlight.  I hate to say it, but it seems like every time the national media starts to hop onto the bandwagon and start giving us props, we immediately proceed to embarrass ourselves in primetime, and it's usually a blowout.  We don't even make it competitive.

I'm just fine being ignored. At this point we haven't earned any attention.

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1