Daniel Jones---bust?

Big Turk

5 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’m sure you’re right.  I haven’t seen him play that much and don’t really have a reason to watch the Giants.  What’s weird with Jones is that his mistakes seem so correctable.  But I guess if he keeps making those kinds of mistakes then that’s a terrible sign. 

Jones has a lot of panic throws instead of eating it and taking a sack to love another down.

29 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Seems like it. It's pretty hard to hit on a QB in the draft. The Jones pick was panned at the time though, so I guess the pundits win this one.

2019 was a terrible year to have a pick 2-32 and need at QB.  After Kyler Murray -  Daniel Jones, Drew Lock, Will Grier, Ryan Finley, Jarrett Stidham, Easton Stick, Clayton Thorson, Garnder Minshew, Trace McSorley represent Qbs taken with picks 2- 200.  The mitake was made in 2018 taking Barkley - whether or not he's a "generational talent" at RB.

Edited by DasNootz

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Good mid range QB.  Slow eyes.  It showed in the 2 point conversion.  Saw the man but his reaction and throw were late.  Not a franchise type but he can get them to the playoffs.  

That two point play was such a great design! I saw Lewis going in motion and knew it was going to him. How you don't just let that rip is awful

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

That two point play was such a great design! I saw Lewis going in motion and knew it was going to him. How you don't just let that rip is awful

He was open from the cut.  Most QBs lay it out there.  

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I think playing QB in the NFL takes certain guys more than a couple years to get a hang of so it wouldn't surprise me if he figures it out at some point.  What I do know is that he should not be a starting QB right now.

He's like a better Geno Smith right now.

I think Gettleman would have taken Josh if he hadnt taken Barkley. Glad hes an idiot

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is good right until you need him to be. And then he isn't. 

The Giants should clean house - starting with Dave Gettleman - maybe hold onto Judge (he has got them playing hard they are just bad) but start again at QB.

Gettleman is probably the worst GM in the league now that BOB is out in Houston. 

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Jones has a lot of panic throws instead of eating it and taking a sack to love another down.

He really does.  It’s a competitive thing.  He’s trying to make a play.  While I can respect that in a player, it has to be trained out of them.  It’s one of those things that absolutely should be correctable, but if it’s not then that QB is done.  It’s a career killer. 

42 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

But isn't that a bust? Someone who plays far below their draft status? The dude is likely a career backup and probably a good one but nobody gets picked 6th overall to have that career.

Does he get a chance to develop or no? Especially considering he lost his running back, had a terrible line, and has below average receivers at best. Not saying he’s great, but why do we go to bust status so quick on guys? Peyton Manning wasn’t amazing a year and a half I to his career so was he a bust too? 

• Like (+1) 1

Frustrating player.  There was a quote by Judge talking about how his competitiveness, which is his biggest strength, is also his biggest weakness.  If he learns to play within himself, he'll be a great QB.  The hard part is doing that.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Does he get a chance to develop or no? Especially considering he lost his running back, had a terrible line, and has below average receivers at best. Not saying he’s great, but why do we go to bust status so quick on guys? Peyton Manning wasn’t amazing a year and a half I to his career so was he a bust too? 

I mean I dunno...if I was a team looking around the NFL at all the QBs stepping right in and looking great from the get go I would have to question things.

Things are a lot different now in the NFL than they were when Manning came in. The offenses are set up to allow college QBs to step right in a lot of times and succeed. A lot of college concepts, spread concepts, things being done to help them out versus back in the day when the QB had to learn the offense being run to a large degree and they didn't necessarily tailor it to that degree.

Either the offense isn't set up properly for him to succeed or he just isn't very good.  

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is good when everything is perfect. I said this a couple of weeks ago about him in the Eagles game. Give Jones a clean pocket and a perfect drop and he makes good reads and gets the ball out with perfect timing. But as soon as anything is off his decision making completely collapses and he just doesn't have the physical abilities to overcome that. Like Josh will always get away with the odd bad decision because of his athleticism and his arm. Every bad decision Jones makes seems to be a turnover.

Would you?

He's tall and has that Connecticut prep look and his dad probably owns a yacht.

Daniel Jones Stats, News, Bio | ESPN

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Jones now has played 20 games and has 21 INTs and 15 lost fumbles, which gives him the most turnovers(36 total) through his first 20 games for a QB since Ryan Leaf had 41...

Think it might be time to realize he isn't the guy they thought he was and maybe is more like the guy every other team thought he was...

https://sports.yahoo.com/time-giants-start-wondering-daniel-054545643.html

He is the New Jersey version of EJ Manuel.