Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

On 11/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, klos63 said:

They could win them too.  They could win 3 and lose 1, win 2 and lose 2, lose 3 and win 1.

Good chance they'll be tied with us after tomorrows game, 6 wins in a row with a defense that's given up over 80 points less than we have .

How’d that work out?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

How’d that work out?

Weren't you watching?

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Such a good chance Denver pretty much had their way with them all day. A microcosm of the Fish’s last few games minus the results on the scoreboard.

I would still say a team at home, on a 6 game win streak, favored to win , had a good chance to win. If I said 100% chance to win, then you would have an argument.

47 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Weren't you watching?

I would still say a team at home, on a 6 game win streak, favored to win , had a good chance to win. If I said 100% chance to win, then you would have an argument.

one doesn’t need to watch an entire game to see people gushing over a guy who has not proven anything in the NFL

Sure they won 6 in a row 

and with the Jets and Cincinnati next probably  win 2 in a row 

It doesn’t prove Tua is great 

On 11/21/2020 at 11:49 AM, High Football IQ said:

Their last 4 are certainly tough on paper, but if they win the next three as most expect and get to 9-3 never underestimate the power of momentum especially given their strengths on ST and Defense, turnover differential, point differential, etc. KC is the true measuring stick game that will determine if the Dolphins are an elite team/SB contender this year or probably just in the playoff mix like the Bills and many other 2nd tier teams.

The only thing that may truly derail the Dolphins historic run is if Tua gets hurt or starts to truly struggle and put the team in a tough spot with turnovers. But even going back to Fitz wouldn't be the worst option for them given how he's played there the last few years.

Or if the other team doesn't turn the ball over and they make Tua actually have to lead an offense that scores points lol.  They had to bench the dude today because they fell behind are they gonna do that every week that they lose a lead? 

Honestly what is historic about their run? Lol has a team never won 6 in a row before? They're literally outside of the playoffs right now and were talking about them being potentially an elite team? 🤣  they may not even be a 'playoff mix' team

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Or if the other team doesn't turn the ball over and they make Tua actually have to lead an offense that scores points lol.  They had to bench the dude today because they fell behind are they gonna do that every week that they lose a lead? 

Honestly what is historic about their run? Lol has a team never won 6 in a row before? They're literally outside of the playoffs right now and were talking about them being potentially an elite team? 🤣  they may not even be a 'playoff mix' team

I hope they are. Id love to see them sneak in on that extra seed this year and have Josh smack em around. Im 32 and theres some painful Dolphins playoff games in my preteen years.  Revenge tour!

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I hope they are. Id love to see them sneak in on that extra seed this year and have Josh smack em around. Im 32 and theres some painful Dolphins playoff games in my preteen years.  Revenge tour!

Hell no let them lose every game so we don’t have to hear about them 

• Like (+1) 1

This is going exactly as I said in training camp.  They bought around $235 mil. in players in FA, and had 11 picks.  They have another 10 picks next year.  They will show progress and look like our real division competition in years to come, but that is just too many new faces to be an immediate division winner this year.  I can see with the Jets and Bengals, 8-4.  Then they play the Chiefs, Pats, Raiders, and us.  That adds up to me for around 9-7 and nice progress from last year.  They have a good HC and more talent coming next year.  Tua looked bad yesterday as the Broncos did a nice job disguising coverages and he was confused.  Tua is just going to need game time to make improvements.

I still think we finish most likely 11-5 and maybe a stretch at 12-4, the Fins at 9-7, Pats would maybe finish 8-8 as you can only coach up so much with all of that talent gone including Brady, free agent losses and of course the opt outs.  I don’t know if the Jets can even win one game this year.  As Chandler said on another thread, the Jets are historically bad.

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

one doesn’t need to watch an entire game to see people gushing over a guy who has not proven anything in the NFL

Sure they won 6 in a row 

and with the Jets and Cincinnati next probably  win 2 in a row 

It doesn’t prove Tua is great 

I never said he was great or anything like that.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This is going exactly as I said in training camp.  They bought around $235 mil. in players in FA, and had 11 picks.  They have another 10 picks next year.  They will show progress and look like our real division competition in years to come, but that is just too many new faces to be an immediate division winner this year.  I can see with the Jets and Bengals, 8-4.  Then they play the Chiefs, Pats, Raiders, and us.  That adds up to me for around 9-7 and nice progress from last year.  They have a good HC and more talent coming next year.  Tua looked bad yesterday as the Broncos did a nice job disguising coverages and he was confused.  Tua is just going to need game time to make improvements.

I still think we finish most likely 11-5 and maybe a stretch at 12-4, the Fins at 9-7, Pats would maybe finish 8-8 as you can only coach up so much with all of that talent gone including Brady, free agent losses and of course the opt outs.  I don’t know if the Jets can even win one game this year.  As Chandler said on another thread, the Jets are historically bad.

I think the bolded above (MIami is going to be really good for years to come) is really just hype.  Real division competition in this day and age requires a good QB.  There is no indication that Miami has that key component - and personally I do not think they have it.  If Tua is not the answer, Miami is a ways away.  They will have to test Tua - and that will end this season in mediocrity.  And then even if they figure it out for next season and pull the plug on him, there will be another couple of seasons to bring in another QB and then get them up to speed.

Improvement isn't linear.  It is easier to go from terrible to mediocre, than it is to go from mediocre to good.  Without a real QB they are not div title contenders.  I did not buy into the hype and do not consider them good now.  Adding to that we are watching the whole QB fiasco blow up in their faces as we speak.  Good times.

13 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

Bills are really going to have to up the ante and win some games they shouldn't the rest of the way to ensure they secure the division.

Not really.  We're probably going to be favored in five of our last six games.  At the beginning of the season, this last six game stretch looked incredibly daunting -- it's still challenging and I don't expect to actually finish 5-1, but it's not really that bad.

Edit: I mean, if you told me right now that we were going to beat Miami in week 17 -- a game that we'll be strongly favored to win -- that one win alone gives us essentially a three game lead in the division (two games plus the tiebreaker) with only five more games to play.  It's a lot more accurate to say that all we need to do to win the division at this point is just win the games we're supposed to win.  It doesn't matter what we do against the Steelers or 49ers if we take care of business against the Dolphins, Broncos, and Chargers.  

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Not really.  We're probably going to be favored in five of our last six games.  At the beginning of the season, this last six game stretch looked incredibly daunting -- it's still challenging and I don't expect to actually finish 5-1, but it's not really that bad.

Edit: I mean, if you told me right now that we were going to beat Miami in week 17 -- a game that we'll be strongly favored to win -- that one win alone gives us essentially a three game lead in the division (two games plus the tiebreaker) with only five more games to play.  It's a lot more accurate to say that all we need to do to win the division at this point is just win the games we're supposed to win.  It doesn't matter what we do against the Steelers or 49ers if we take care of business against the Dolphins, Broncos, and Chargers.  

Bills could get in at 10-6 with a loss to Miami now.  That dolphins loss to Denver was enormous.  Not sure where this high football iq dude is getting this stuff from 🤣 I dont think a team that just got handled by denver should feel great about their chiefs-pats-raiders-bills closing stretch 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Even then aren't they 1-2 in division games? Wouldn't we have to drop NE and Miami games, plus they sweep the remaining division games (NYJ, NE, Buffalo) to even just tie us in the division leading to a conference win tie breaker, which we would only lose if we lost to 2 of 3 of Chargers, Steelers, Broncos as well? We are talking Bills going 2-4 rest of season at that point. All signs point to that not happening but time will tell. The dolphins talk is premature.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Even then aren't they 1-2 in division games? Wouldn't we have to drop NE and Miami games, plus they sweep the remaining division games (NYJ, NE, Buffalo) to even just tie us in the division leading to a conference win tie breaker, which we would only lose if we lost to 2 of 3 of Chargers, Steelers, Broncos as well? We are talking Bills going 2-4 rest of season at that point. All signs point to that not happening but time will tell. The dolphins talk is premature.

Yes, we can lose to Miami and still get the divisional tiebreaker if we beat NE or if Miami drops a game to NE or the Jets.  Basically the worst that can happen is we end the season at 4-2 in the division, which is the best that Miami can possibly do.