Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

1 minute ago, High Football IQ said:

New from ESPN, more Dolphins winning the division talk:

How the overachieving Miami Dolphins can win the AFC East

remember when you had the bills losing to the pats and going into a 4 game losing streak?  i do.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I have been chalking up the Broncos game as a win, but Denver was in fact 5-3 last season at home but really 6-2 if not for a terrible, terrible roughing the passer call vs. Chicago that cost them a game that they had won. That said, they are 1-3 at home this year and were totally lucky to beat SD 31-30 in the game that they did win (i.e., a really shaky PI call on fourth down in the end zone that gave them one more play). 

I was high on the Broncos coming into the year but man have they been brutalised by opt outs and injuries. Ja'Wuan James is their best OL and opted out for covid reasons, then they have lost the likes of Jurrell Casey, Von Miller and Courtland Sutton for the year (their best d-lineman, their best edge rusher and their best receiver) their rookie tight end (the Mizzou kid whose name I will not attempt) went down for the year and their starting nose tackle Purcell and they have missed AJ Bouye and Noah Fant and Drew Lock for multiple games too. To me that is a team that could still be a take the leap candidate but maybe in 2021 rather than 2020. Although they need Lock to get better. He has been too inconsistent this year.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I was high on the Broncos coming into the year but man have they been brutalised by opt outs and injuries. Ja'Wuan James is their best OL and opted out for covid reasons, then they have lost the likes of Jurrell Casey, Von Miller and Courtland Sutton for the year (their best d-lineman, their best edge rusher and their best receiver) their rookie tight end (the Mizzou kid whose name I will not attempt) went down for the year and their starting nose tackle Purcell and they have missed AJ Bouye and Noah Fant and Drew Lock for multiple games too. To me that is a team that could still be a take the leap candidate but maybe in 2021 rather than 2020. Although they need Lock to get better. He has been too inconsistent this year.

I wouldn't say inconsistent; I'd say terrible. 66.5 rating; 55 percent completion rate; and 7 Tds to 10 INTs. 5 fumbles too.  The only positive is his sack rate (4.4 percent), which is decent. 

PS - the Broncos passer rating differential is an abysmal -24.6. That is awful. It explains why they've suffered three blowout losses. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just look at the line reading "league rank offense" - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2020.htm. That is really, really bad. 

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I wouldn't say inconsistent; I'd say terrible. 66.5 rating; 55 percent completion rate; and 7 Tds to 10 INTs. 5 fumbles too.  The only positive is his sack rate (4.4 percent), which is decent. 

PS - the Broncos passer rating differential is an abysmal -24.6. That is awful. It explains why they've suffered three blowout losses. 

Yes - he has been pretty terrible. I suppose I went for inconsistent in that he has played a couple of really good 4th Quarters to bring them back to win games.... but overall he has regressed from his promising end to 2019.

They need better play out of the Quarterback position as well as getting their guys healthy next year.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yes - he has been pretty terrible. I suppose I went for inconsistent in that he has played a couple of really good 4th Quarters to bring them back to win games.... but overall he has regressed from his promising end to 2019.

They need better play out of the Quarterback position as well as getting their guys healthy next year.

Every QB plays well against the Chargers in the fourth quarter!

• Haha (+1) 1

I gotta say, I’m getting sick of it too. My buddy messaged me last night and said the Phins are legit! 

I just laughed, no one called the Bills legit when we beat a couple teams with our defense over the past couple years. Beating two teams with above .500 record is not legit.  I think any team left on their schedule still has a chance of beating them. Jmo

Just now, High Football IQ said:

Thankfully I was wrong teef, one of the few times my gut instinct led me astray.

But for all this Dolphins hype...quietly up in Foxboro the Hoodie has his team flying under the radar in the midst of a run and will be back to .500 and right in the thick of the playoff picture this week.

deep breaths.  you'll be ok.

5 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Thankfully I was wrong teef, one of the few times my gut instinct led me astray.

But for all this Dolphins hype...quietly up in Foxboro the Hoodie has his team flying under the radar in the midst of a run and will be back to .500 and right in the thick of the playoff picture this week.

You basically said when the Bills struggled against the Jets, it proves they aren't a good team.

Then the Jets hang 27 on the Pats struggled to beat them.....but the Pats are flying under the radar lol.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You basically said when the Bills struggled against the Jets, it proves they aren't a good team.

Then the Jets hang 27 on the Pats struggled to beat them.....but the Pats are flying under the radar lol.

Right now, I bet he's thinking about responding with something like "Belichick has earned the benefit of the doubt as the GOAT and McDermott has proved nothing except that he can lose big games..."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

With the fins current winning streak, I won't dispute that they're a dangerous team or that they're on the rise. That said, I would be surprised if they threatened us for the AFC East. 

We've all seen this before, a talented rookie QB comes in and shocks the NFL, going on a hot-streak. However, experience has taught me that after a number of a games, NFL coaches will find weaknesses in his game and challenge him (usually leading to a slump until he can overcome said weaknesses). Although nothing is ever certain, I expect that we will see this soon with Tagovailoa. Even if he's a future hall-of-famer, he will hit his bumps in the road.

Our young QB is a step ahead in this development process, and even if JA isn't "Tom Brady consistent," he's on his way. I expect that by the time we hit week 17, coaches will have the fins figured out a lot more and we will have the upper hand. Not to mention it's a tough road for them to overtake our now 4-0 division record. It would be a nice statement from this Bills team to close out the division 6-0 and say who's boss.

if we lose the division to them and end up going to miami to play them were probably better off.  josh and the offense clearly play better in good weather.  also if the steelers end up with the 1 seed it would set up a second round matchup with them instead of the chiefs.  im perfectly fine with this scenario since fans cant attend a home playoff game anyways

Miami beat one team we lost against, which we should have beaten, in Arizona. Their three losses are against two teams we have beaten and against us. They are in a weak part of their schedule and should run off another 3 victories, should being the key word. Then comes their gauntlet last 4 weeks of the season. KC, NE, LV, and then us week 17. I expect we will already have the division locked up by week 17. 11-5, first division title in 25 years, and a home playoff game for the Bills. 

30 minutes ago, Plano said:

Tua is doing a whole lot of nothing. I'd be more afraid of Fitz. 

You can generally rely on Fitzpatrick to make a few errant throws, Tua, not so much IMO. Throwing velocity is probably somewhat similar. I feel like with a stout D you have put Tua in the same position as he was in with Alabama. I hesitate to call him a good game manager, but he is, and perhaps a little more.

With Fitz as a mentor, Chan Gailey as OC and Tua pulling the trigger.  Buffalo needs to be loaded for bear. The bread and butter of the Bills D is the secondary. Regardless of how accurate Tua is a healthy Bills secondary can give Tua problems IMO. 

Edited by Figster

In a weird way, the Dolphins remind me of our team from LAST year.

That includes drawing a number of easy match-ups as well as fortuitous ones. Take the version of the Cardinals that they faced 2 weeks ago, versus the version we played on Sunday. The team that Miami played had a depleted secondary and was without Drake. The team we played had their secondary en tact and had a relatively healthy Drake on hand (109 rushing yards against us).

One thing I found interesting was a reported quote from Tua, saying that he did not believe that the NFL is as tough as he thought it would be. It will be interesting to see what his tune looks like in a few weeks when the competition gets tougher and defenses have more game film on him.