Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

11 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Its fairly even down the stretch but I would much rather play the Bengals and Jaguars than Picksburgh and Tennessee.

Yeah overall Miami's schedule for the year has been easier, but the claim that's been gaining steam the last couple weeks is that they have an easier path to the playoffs now. Granted it's largely being fueled by one totally non-troll poster, but I've seen more people agree with it and I just don't see it. We've got the Steelers, they've got the Chiefs. We both get the Broncos. 49ers are a wild card for us I guess but so is the Raiders for them. The remaining games are pretty even in my opinion.

Plus if we can all agree that we've had the harder schedule thus far, and are still on top, then this Fins talk is truly out of hand.

Edited by Nelius

13 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

What’s impressive about Miami is their D which is top 6 for points allowed.. that’s huge it’s a lot easier to win when all you need is 21 points as opposed to Buffalo O that needs on average 27 points. The fact the Bills have only lost 3 games tells you how amazing the Bills O has been.

There was a smart man here who predicted Miami would have a top 10 D before the season.... now if only I could remember his name..... 

He also predicted the Bills would be 7-3 at the bye with losses to Tennessee, Kansas City and Arizona.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There was a smart man here who predicted Miami would have a top 10 D before the season.... now if only I could remember his name..... 

He also predicted the Bills would be 7-3 at the bye with losses to Tennessee, Kansas City and Arizona.

Was his name something like Pistol Pete? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Guys we don't have it from coaching and McDermott and others had put away the Cards until the end. One mental lapse among so, so many has demoinated and defined McDermott. You look at guys like Frank Reichnand he took careof business on both sides of the ball against Tennessee. It's the most defining aspect of our season at this point. We simply don't have a Coach that elevated and matured beyond early exits in playoff games. I dubbed him Soft McDoormatt and it's probably going to stick for awhile.

5 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Guys we don't have it from coaching and McDermott and others had put away the Cards until the end. One mental lapse among so, so many has demoinated and defined McDermott. You look at guys like Frank Reichnand he took careof business on both sides of the ball against Tennessee. It's the most defining aspect of our season at this point. We simply don't have a Coach that elevated and matured beyond early exits in playoff games. I dubbed him Soft McDoormatt and it's probably going to stick for awhile.

Um....no.

Go to the coaches thread where there are far more insightful (and some juvenile) challenges to this line of thinking. There just is no explanation for Buffalo fans....many of them are great and loyal and intelligent when it comes to the game. Others....simply aren't. But, I couldn't disagree with this opinion more if I tried. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I don't think it will stick at all

On 11/3/2020 at 12:49 AM, Protocal69 said:

Team has to prove it.  If I were a betting man my money would be on the phins.  Can't keep choking away wins or relinquishing leads only to rely on late heroics. 

10 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Team has to prove it.  If I were a betting man my money would be on the phins.  Can't keep choking away wins or relinquishing leads only to rely on late heroics. 

If I were a betting man, I'd take the team that doesnt have to rely on fluky special teams plays and defense to win games.   The Phins are going to come to Earth very soon. 

24 minutes ago, Beerball said:

Well holy cow...I missed your return. Welcome back! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If I were a betting man, I'd take the team that doesnt have to rely on fluky special teams plays and defense to win games.   The Phins are going to come to Earth very soon. 

relying on defense to win games is absolutely silly

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

We'll kick the Phins butts in January.

Has Tua ever even had to wear a sweater in his life?

I doubt Mr. Roll Tide has played in many cold weather, windy, snowy games that Buffalo can possibly offer. It's just to bad he won't get the true Buffalo experience as a Dolphin with 72,000 hating his guts. Maybe next year (hopefully).

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Why did Frank not take care of business against the 1-8 Jags? Answers on a postcard? I won't tell you what I dubbed you. You probably won't stick long enough to find out.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What does this sexy beast of a man predict for the remaining games?

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What does this sexy beast of a man predict for the remaining games?

That prediction had us 11-5 with further losses to Denver and San Fran. If I could have a do-over I'd flip at least Denver to a win but might flip Pittsburgh to a loss. A win against San Fran is more likely now than it was at the start because like Denver San Fran have been completely injury ravaged and to their best players. But they played the Saints hard this week and it will still be a tough game out there I think.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That prediction had us 11-5 with further losses to Denver and San Fran. If I could have a do-over I'd flip at least Denver to a win but might flip Pittsburgh to a loss. A win against San Fran is more likely now than it was at the start because like Denver San Fran have been completely injury ravaged and to their best players. But they played the Saints hard this week and it will still be a tough game out there I think.

I have been chalking up the Broncos game as a win, but Denver was in fact 5-3 last season at home but really 6-2 if not for a terrible, terrible roughing the passer call vs. Chicago that cost them a game that they had won. That said, they are 1-3 at home this year and were totally lucky to beat SD 31-30 in the game that they did win (i.e., a really shaky PI call on fourth down in the end zone that gave them one more play). 

It will likely come down to the last game of the year but both the Bills and Fish should make the playoffs.  We control our destiny; should really have no problems with LA, Denver, a banged up Niners team.  The Fish have three fairly easy opponents coming up.  We need to handle the Pats again, assume the Steelers is a loss, they will lose to the Chiefs and Raiders.  We still have the inside track.