Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

With this loss to the Cardinals going into our bye week, if the Dolphins beat the Broncos next week (which is likely), then they'll be tied for first and they debatably have an easier schedule than us the rest of the season.  I'm pretty confident Buffalo will still make the playoffs, but not so confident we'll win the AFC East...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ve been calling that for weeks. The dolphins schedule is easy and they actually play very well. It’ll come down to week 17 and I think they can beat us if Tua continues to play well 

On 11/3/2020 at 12:49 AM, Protocal69 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-8-takeaways-give-it-up-for-the-dolphins-the-best-team-in-the-afc-east-183728407.html

Week 8 takeaways: The Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East

Jeff Simmons
Mon, November 2, 2020, 1:37 PM EST

The Buffalo Bills’ victory over the New England Patriots was deemed by some as a changing of the guard in the AFC East, but the best team in the division didn’t play in that game. Believe it or not, the best team in the AFC East is the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are playing at a far higher level than the Bills over the last month, as Josh Allen’s previous issues have resurfaced. Miami has won three straight games, including an impressive 28-17 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Week 8 with next to no production from rookie QB Tua Tagovailoa in his NFL debut. Alternatively, the Bills have just one win in their last four weeks and needed to force a fumble deep in their own territory to hold off a late surge from the rather underwhelming Patriots.

There is plenty of evidence to support Miami’s legitimacy. The Dolphins’ point differential, an important measure of overall quality, is plus-58 (fifth in AFC), while the Bills, who lead the division with a 6-2 record, have a negative point differential (minus-1), a sign they are winning with an u

nsustainable formula. Buffalo has been disappointing on defense, ranking 29th in the NFL in DVOA, while Miami ranks in the top-10.

Head coach Brian Flores has built a complete team in his second season with Miami. That much was evident Sunday, as they managed to rack up a passing, rushing, special teams and defensive touchdown against the Rams.

The Dolphins will certainly need more from Tagovailoa if they want to pass Buffalo in the standings. The rookie was just 12-of-22 for 93 yards and a touchdown, but Allen wasn’t much better on Sunday, going 11-of-18 for 154 yards with no scores through the air. Allen has not thrown a touchdown over his last two games, while his completion percentage has dropped considerably since his MVP-level start over the first four games.

In the first four games, Josh Allen had 21 completions of 20 yards or more. Over the last four games, he has four completions of 20 yards or more, two to wideouts.

Stefon Diggs had eight catches of 20 yards or more in the first four games, none in the last four.

— Jerry Sullivan (@ByJerrySullivan) November 2, 2020

Right now, Miami is a more complete team than Buffalo from top to bottom and Flores should be in the conversation for coach of the year.

This article is flawed in so many ways:

1st: The BILLS have more than one win in the last 4 weeks (2). The teams the BILLS lost to have 3 combined losses on the season

2nd: The guy wants to mention the point differential being a -1 means that we are not winning in a sustainable way. Ill tell you what, throwing for 93 yards which was what Tua passed for is not sustainable. 

3rd: The guy wants to use a Jerry Sullivan stat regarding Diggs having no 20 yard catches in the last 4 games. Well teams playing 2 high safety will slow down the deep passes so that stat means nothing in context. Last 4 games Diggs is averaging  7 catches 73 yards 

4th: The BILLS are basically 3 games ahead of the Dolphins in the standing. 2.5 games plus tiebreaker. You can never say a team that is 3 games back in the division after 8 weeks is better than the team leading the division. 

Get back to me when the Dolphins beat a team that the Bills have lost to on the schedule. Bills have already beat the Dolphins on the road to make it so bad. These writers will do anything for clicks.

The dolphins are the best team in the division. And the dolphins beat a team that the bills lost to. After next week we’ll be tied 

On 11/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think the dolphins will lose 2 of their next 3 games.(kind of a hot take but I believe it, chargers broncos jets)

Sadly they are building a team to be reckoned with. They have come a far way since gase

No they won’t. Already beat the chargers and both the Broncos and Jets are train wrecks. Bills might not even win the division and if they don’t watch out they might not make they playoffs if the Raiders stay hot and the titans do too since they have  

a game in hand with the win

8 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I’ve been calling that for weeks. The dolphins schedule is easy and they actually play very well. It’ll come down to week 17 and I think they can beat us if Tua continues to play well 

The dolphins are the best team in the division. And the dolphins beat a team that the bills lost to. After next week we’ll be tied 

Because they beat an NFC opponent on a missed FG? That’s an...interesting take.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Because they beat an NFC opponent on a missed FG? That’s an...interesting take.

The field goal would tie the game, now win it. And yes, I just responded to request. The dolphins beat them coming off of a bye too. They continue to win convincingly. 

Lot of football to be played. Despite our faults and inconsistencies I like our team over the rookie led dolphin team. Each week more film comes out on him and he’s playing solid but not exactly lighting the place on fire either. I am not scared of the dolphins yet. 

I really thought Miami would lose to the Chargers (LA was due to win one and Miami was due to com back to earth)... guess i was wrong.  they keep beating teams before we get to play them (ie. Cards, Chargers, Broncos?).  i don’t like that 

Not winning the division this year would really  shatter this fan base. It was all set up to go our way for once and it’s about to be seriously in question. The Dolphins are going to be 9-3. The Bills would have serious work to do to get there.  If the Bills didn’t lose today I’d be feeling a little differently but they did lose. In just the most ***** up, disgusting way possible. That’s why we all are the way we are. This team makes us all this way. Even when it’s “good” ...it’s this.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Not winning the division this year would really  shatter this fan base. It was all set up to go our way for once and it’s about to be seriously in question. The Dolphins are going to be 9-3. The Bills would have serious work to do to get there.  If the Bills didn’t lose today I’d be feeling a little differently but they did lose. In just the most ***** up, disgusting way possible. That’s why we all are the way we are. This team makes us all this way. Even when it’s “good” ...it’s this.

That makes no sense.  The Bills would have to beat the same teams the Dolphins would have to beat to get to 9-3 - Chargers and Broncos.  Dolphins still have Raiders and Chiefs.  

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

That makes no sense.  The Bills would have to beat the same teams the Dolphins would have to beat to get to 9-3 - Chargers and Broncos.  Dolphins still have Raiders and Chiefs.  

No, they now have to win both. If they were 8-2 today they would have needed to win both of the next 2. And those aren’t even the next 2 games anyway.

I actually think the Bills have the easier second half schedule

After the Steelers who really makes you looks at the schedule and sit up 

Chargers eh

pats maybe 

Niners crippled with injuries 

dolphins- not scared at all

broncos- we would have to shut the board down 

• Like (+1) 1

The Chargers aren't a good team, though. They've been finding ways to lose for years now.

But yeah, Miami is totally a good team. Much better than I thought they would be. Our week 17 matchup is looking important.

13 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

As I've been saying, the Dolphins are not just legit....they are an elite NFL team right now with the metrics, DVOA, etc behind it.

I keep comparing them to the 1998 Jets team that started 0-2 and 2-3 before winning 10 of their final 11 and making it to the AFC Championship game losing to the Broncos who went on to win the SB.

Earlier this week NFL.com had a piece that I posted comparing them to the 2001 Patriots which is also not far fetched right now.

Either way the pressure is on the Bills to keep pace to ensure the season finale could be for the division or even a shot at a wilcard spot for that matter.

Especially if the Dolphins win it on the Bills homefield and/or keep the Bills out of the playoffs.

I guarantee fans will turn on this team in a hurry including Allen, Beane, McClap...etc.

The best QB in 25 years not likely 

9 minutes ago, wvbillsfan said:

I actually think the Bills have the easier second half schedule

After the Steelers who really makes you looks at the schedule and sit up 

Chargers eh

pats maybe 

Niners crippled with injuries 

dolphins- not scared at all

broncos- we would have to shut the board down 

Remember the Steelers where one play from losing to the Cowboys 4th string qb they aren’t the 70s Steelers here