Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

10 hours ago, beer said:

Agree with this. Let's not forget Tua is a rookie having started all of 2 games. Peyton Manning threw 28 INTs his rookie year, finishing with a 3-13 record. Kyler Murray had 3 games with multiple INTs last year, all losses. Deshaun Watson had multiple games with multiple INTs his rookie year, also all losses. Our own JA17 had 5 games with 2 INTs his rookie year, again all losses. Tua will blow a game or 2 this 2nd half of the year that right now may look like wins 

Feels like baker Mayfield hype.  Anointing him king after a few games. 

• Like (+1) 1

Dolphins will end up at 7-9 or 9-7 I can't decide which one is the most accurate.

They're very "OK" They're not GOOD per-se they're just OK.

Will they continue to get better? probably, but this year they're not a problem. 

2 hours ago, Plano said:

Dolphins will end up at 7-9 or 9-7 I can't decide which one is the most accurate.

They're very "OK" They're not GOOD per-se they're just OK.

Will they continue to get better? probably, but this year they're not a problem. 

Winning games when you have under 10 first downs, under 150 yards, and 2 turnovers is incredibly rare.  Much like buffalo winning week 1 last year when turning it over 4 times - you can't count on that type of bailout.  

An average to poor offense puts up - lets say 360 yards.  Miami has been below that threshold in 5 of 8 games.  They're 4-1 when having below 350 yards, and almost all the games where they put up good yardage, fitz was the one who was dealin.  Can't run, not great passing - 3 d/st TDs and a 17/17 kicker (10/10 from 40+).  

Chill baby chill.  These guys need to write about something.

Personally, I feel some vindication.  Based on how well the Dolphins pulled themselves together last year, after an absolutely horrendous start where they were accused of tanking for Tua, I was posting here a lot that the AFCE was going to become a two-team contest for the next few years, Buffalo and Miami.  (And they got Tua after all.)  The lazy media, the same guys who are now praising Miami to the skies, were all saying they were maybe the third best team in the AFCE, if they were lucky.

The Bills are still the best unit in the division overall but the Dolphins have patched a lot of holes, and they have a lot of draft picks from their trades last year to keep patching.  The Bills are more steady state, with a few new players added each year, making the salary cap more manageable.  The Dolphins are going to be adding a slew of high draft pick players over the next year or two, and they'll all come due for new contracts at once.  In the meantime, the Dolphins and Bills are going to be fighting it out, year after year, and that's fine. 

Anointing Tua the best QB in the AFCE after a couple of games is pretty silly. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

It's just hype.  Who cares.  They haven't proven anything yet.

I agree with you. How could they even say that after Tua has played two games?

Time will tell which one will be the best, but especially with the season JA is having, it’s crazy that they’re saying it. Also, JA took us to the playoffs so he has some evidence on his side. Tua doesn’t have the evidence yet, plus one of his games was terrible!

It’s the national media Tua newest toy approach. Easy and lazy journalism. I prefer when the Bills are under the radar. If Bills beat the Cards and go to 8-2 we are in unreal position. No easy task. Chargers or Bengals will upset the Dolphins as it’s hard to win 5-6 in a row in NFL. Really like what the Dolphins are doing. I still think pulling Fitz was a mistake. We shall see. 

It won't be until 4 or 5 games when DCs have enough tape to come up with specific gameplans to stop Tua that we will truly know how good he is this year.

Right now there isn't enough tape out there and the first 4 games are always the easiest for a young QB to look good in since teams don't have any real info on him yet.

Once teams can gameplan against him we will see what he has. And he may still be really good. But it's far too early to just assume that after 2 games.

We get them week 17 in Buffalo and I think we will have something for them then.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

It won't be until 4 or 5 games when DCs have enough tape to come up with specific gameplans to stop Tua that we will truly know how good he is this year.

Right now there isn't enough tape out there and the first 4 games are always the easiest for a young QB to look good in since teams don't have any real info on him yet.

Once teams can gameplan against him we will see what he has. And he may still be really good. But it's far too early to just assume that after 2 games.

We get them week 17 in Buffalo and I think we will have something for them then.

Yeah on week 17, we’ll see how that thin blood of his holds up in late December in Buffalo. To my knowledge, he hasn’t played in any weather remotely similar to that

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah on week 17, we’ll see how that thin blood of his holds up in late December in Buffalo. To my knowledge, he hasn’t played in any weather remotely similar to that

Might not be that cold unfortunately...us, like much of the country is supposed to have well above normal temps this winter...I remember several years ago when there were quite a few 50 and 60 degree days here in December...in fact I specifically remember on Christmas Eve being out working in a short sleeve shirt because it was in the mid 60s and sunny...

Hopefully on gameday they get a nice dose of polar vortex tho hahaha

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Might not be that cold unfortunately...us, like much of the country is supposed to have well above normal temps this winter...I remember several years ago when there were quite a few 50 and 60 degree days here in December...in fact I specifically remember on Christmas Eve being out working in a short sleeve shirt because it was in the mid 60s and sunny...

Hopefully on gameday they get a nice dose of polar vortex tho hahaha

Not being a Buffalo native, I didn't think you guys had mild winters like here. Hell, there was a tornado touchdown 15 mins from where I live on Christmas Eve one year. But the absolute coldest I've ever been was a windy, single digit day in Erie, PA. If like you said, Tua gets even a small taste of how cold it gets there, they'll have trouble getting him to come out after halftime. Talk about Dorothy and a long way from home Toto

I think Sal's point being:

Wins are wins, and Tua may be a very good young QB

But let's look at how the Dolphins are winning before we look at the wins and annoint Tua.

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not being a Buffalo native, I didn't think you guys had mild winters like here. Hell, there was a tornado touchdown 15 mins from where I live on Christmas Eve one year. But the absolute coldest I've ever been was a windy, single digit day in Erie, PA. If like you said, Tua gets even a small taste of how cold it gets there, they'll have trouble getting him to come out after halftime. Talk about Dorothy and a long way from home Toto

I think Flores is a good coach and will have the Dolphins prepared for whatever the weather may be.

It's not as though the Bills have proven themselves to be a weather-impervious tough team quite yet.

The media is going to hype Miami for one reason - money.

Tua comes from Bama, which has one of the largest fan bases in all of college football. If a writer writes about Miami and Tua, he/she will get a ton of clicks. 

The NFL also wants all those college fans’ eyeballs on Miami games. Look at the coverage maps this week. Why is the Miami/Chargers game being shown in the entire state of Alabama and surrounding areas?  I live in Birmingham, and I can tell you that prior to this year, Miami fans were as rare here as Buffalo fans. Now, there is a fair weather contingent of Dolphins fans around the state. 

I think Tua shows he is a rookie in the near future, and maybe this talk will slow down 

• Like (+1) 1