Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

24 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Weak predictions. Lets checkyour win predictions

AZ- I have that down for a LOSS for the dolphins. Until shown otherwise the Dolphins cannot stop mobile QB's

SD- I have that down as a LOSS for the Dolphins. Dolphins cant even stop Allen and Herbert is similar to Allen 

@Den. I can see that as a WIN for the Dolphins

@Jets WIN

Cin- LOSS

KC- LOSS see AZ, SD No way is Dolphins slowing KC down

NE- WIN

Oak- WIN - Agree toss up. Depends on what Raiders team shows up

Buf- LOSS. Allen owns the Dolphins Period.

So that is 4 more losses on your schedule min would put the Dolphins at max 9-7. Bills would have finish 2-6 down in the last eight games to for the Dolphins to finish ahead of the Bills. Bills aren't playing well right now but 2-6 is NOT happening. 

I mean i look at this and see tough games except for the Jets.  

Zona - a tough matchup for anyone with Murray running around, hopkins, and a pretty solid D.

SD - 2 beast WRs and a QB who's playing as well as any rookie in recent memory.

Den - Not a good team, but the type of team who is capable of beating a good team on a good day.  

Cin - Same as denver.  

KC - On to NE

NE - Already beat miami. Rookie QB's tend to struggle against NE as well

Oak - They can pound the rock against miami

Buf - Already lost to buffalo.

If they had a good offense I'd feel more confident on their ability to win more than like 4 of these games.  But they don't - and that should be a concern.  They have to play mistake-free and score like 20 points.  2-2 when they turn it over, and one win was against the Jets.  The other was the rams game where they scored twice on D/ST - and had TD drives of 33 and 1 yards.  Punting 9 times in a game isn't usually a recipe for a W.  

They had 2 really good offensive outputs against Buffalo and SF, and they have a new QB so its hard to even project what their offense might be.  Fitz was probably their best player in both games, and the reason they won.  They can't run the ball well, and they do it anyway.  I dunno, hard team to figure out. 

29 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Rams are a top 10 offense, San Fran is #12 and ahead of the Bills.

The scoring defense is the key metric regardless of the yardage they are given up, and if this holds up or even marginally declines it certainly puts them on pace for the 10+ as I expect. Factor in the big plays on turnovers (scoring TD's) and it makes them a difficult opponent to face even against the few good teams left on their schedule like the Chiefs.

It will be interesting to see how everybody's predictions pan out in regards to the division race.

But consider how real (and loud) the dolphins winning the division talk will become if the bills lose this week against seahawks (highly probable) and Dolphins win in AZ (somewhat probable). They would be tied in the loss column with Dolphins having played one less game. Bills game against the Cardinals becomes an even higher pressure situation for the Bills especially if they lose coming out of the bye against the Dolphins.

Well see. Regardless of what happens on Sunday Bills will be in 1st place in the AFC EAST with the BILLS still playing the Cards the next week. You have already lost to Seattle so thats that. Dolphins may have a few easier games due to playing a 4th place schedule this year but it wont matter.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Miami has the #1 scoring defense... But that involved shutting out the flacco jets.  They've also played 1 fewer game than buffalo.  Their yards per play is similar to buffalos.  They blitz more than buffalo, and pressure less. 

Basically they're better on 3rd down - but that number is a bit propped up by the 2/17 that the flacco jets put up against them - and takeaways.  Takeaways are always going to be relatively random.

Much like buffalo of last year, their numbers may be propped up a bit by the bad offenses they face.  I'd much rather face that defense than Indy, Pitt, Baltimore, hell even KC. 

We already torched that defense with Allen throwing the ball all over the field on deep overs. They play a ton of man. Good luck with that against us.

12 minutes ago, Like A Mofo said:

i don't think the Dolphins talk is out of hand at all.

Excellent young coach, good young players, big time draft capital. The arrow is WAY up for Miami.

Maybe for next year but not this year.  Next year they could be a real problem...

Edited by matter2003

7 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

September Josh Allen throwing into November's defenses would not be a good look.

September Josh was throwing into man-to-man single coverage deep. If he throws the same pass to the same receiver at the same spot now it's defenced or intercepted by the double coverage teams are applying deep.

yes, but 310 yards per game and 3 td passes would be a great look.

I know Thurm it is not like throwing on switch and/or just changing a game plan, but it is true what I say and th "talk" would change dramatically.

I guess what I am saying is that if you consider yourself now a pass first team, then no pass fist team should be content with hibernating after the first week of October.  

Bills had top 5 scoring D last year. I would rather have a more explosive QB like JA this year. QB’s and O win in playoffs. Tua is better than Jets QB In remaining 9 games. Maybe Pats, but big game pressure is going to continue to ramp up. Dolphins went all in with Tua to evaluate vs going for it all with Fitz. Absolutely a team on the rise, but it’s a 16 game season with ebbs and flows. I like Bills chances and realistically think Dolphins will compete for 7th spot. 

4 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Dolphins have a much easier last half of the season compared to us. they could easily get 9 wins from that 

Easily?  Perhaps hopefully.  Certainly not easily.

I think they lose to the Cardinals, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders and the Bills.  Now, the Bills might very well rest their starters in that last game of the season, so that one might be up for grabs, depending on how the Bills play out their regular season.

Denver can certainly beat them in Denver.  NE has already beaten them once and you know Coach B will scare the beejeebees out of Tua.

40 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I mean i look at this and see tough games except for the Jets.  

Zona - a tough matchup for anyone with Murray running around, hopkins, and a pretty solid D.

SD - 2 beast WRs and a QB who's playing as well as any rookie in recent memory.

Den - Not a good team, but the type of team who is capable of beating a good team on a good day.  

Cin - Same as denver.  

KC - On to NE

NE - Already beat miami. Rookie QB's tend to struggle against NE as well

Oak - They can pound the rock against miami

Buf - Already lost to buffalo.

If they had a good offense I'd feel more confident on their ability to win more than like 4 of these games.  But they don't - and that should be a concern.  They have to play mistake-free and score like 20 points.  2-2 when they turn it over, and one win was against the Jets.  The other was the rams game where they scored twice on D/ST - and had TD drives of 33 and 1 yards.  Punting 9 times in a game isn't usually a recipe for a W.  

They had 2 really good offensive outputs against Buffalo and SF, and they have a new QB so its hard to even project what their offense might be.  Fitz was probably their best player in both games, and the reason they won.  They can't run the ball well, and they do it anyway.  I dunno, hard team to figure out. 

Dolphins are a good team right now but not a great team. They are a team that can beat most teams any given Sunday or lose any given Sunday at a higher clip than most. I am not a believer at all in TUA. I'll put that on the record. He had ALLSTARS all around in college and that may not happen in the NFL

12 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

16,000 out of 540,000. Each survivors share is now $67. I'm thinking if I make it to the end there will be 1,000 people or less left to share the million.

16k left now?  9 more weeks to play?  That number will be way less than 1,000.

Less than 3% made it through 8 weeks.  8 more weeks....3% of 16 k is under 500 and that leaves one more week so call it 400.  On top of that every week gets harder because you can't repeat teams.  My guess is 100 split it, not 1000.  Good luck.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

16k left now?  9 more weeks to play?  That number will be way less than 1,000.

Less than 3% made it through 8 weeks.  8 more weeks....3% of 16 k is under 500 and that leaves one more week so call it 400.  On top of that every week gets harder because you can't repeat teams.  My guess is 100 split it, not 1000.  Good luck.

Thnx for good luck.

If only 100 are left that's $10,000 each. That would be a nice prize for a free entry.☺

The #s are a little skewed because a significant portion dropped out by not making a selection after week 1.

(it was a little difficult finding where on the DK website to go.)

Anyways, I'm still alive and betting the Dolphins over the Rams was a fluke.

I've got the rest of the year tentatively planned out and only a couple weeks appear to be a little sketchy.

I'm thinking I can do this!😎

16 hours ago, Aaronthebaron said:

“The Bills have 1 win in the last 4 weeks” what the hell does that mean?

That means the guy who wrote the article has failed his math class , probably due to Covid-19 not being able to attend high school 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Fins are a decent team, I think they could win 7-9 games. But I think their QB will ultimately be their undoing. Solid defense but not a good enough QB or QB supporting cast to get it done. They will keep the Bills away from running away with it as I think they will hover around .500.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Fins are a decent team, I think they could win 7-9 games. But I think their QB will ultimately be their undoing. Solid defense but not a good enough QB or QB supporting cast to get it done. They will keep the Bills away from running away with it as I think they will hover around .500.

9 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Let’s see how they fare without Fitz..

The Dolphins win over the Rams was a concurrence of rare factors, a fluke. How often does a team punt 9 times and win? 

The constant blitzing that completely rattled Goff will not work against an incredibly mobile QB like Murray, a #2 running game and an outlet receiver like Hopkins. AZ defense is pretty good as well. Miami will be crushed this weekend.

A lot of these pro-Dolphins theories are dependent on the guarantee that Tua is is going to be a superstar. I'm seeing quite a few posts already discussing him as if he's a franchise QB. Like they don't even have to worry about the QB position for another decade, problem solved. Hmm, I remember Darnold being a guarantee at one point. Same with Baker. We've barely even seen Tua, so it might be worth pumping the brakes before assuming he's just going to rattle off a 7-2 record down the stretch of his rookie season. Considering so much is clearly depending on him, if Tua busts the arrow might point right back to a rebuild.

Edited by Nelius

Imagine if they had drafted Herbert. Without a doubt he is showing QB franchise potential already. Not cast in stone yet but seems that Tua has some catching up to do. I think that they picked the wrong guy. Time will tell. 

Edited by QLBillsFan

12 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Imagine if they had drafted Herbert. Without a doubt he is showing QB franchise potential already. Not cast in stone yet but seems that Tua has some catching up to do. I think that picked the wrong guy. Time will tell. 

Time will tell exactly. Herbert has some great weapons. So does Burrow. Shows that maybe if you plan on drafting a QB you should also plan to load up at WR and TE either year 1 or year 2. Jets? Lol. Don't do what they did. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Thank you (+1) 1