Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Can we get a breakdown of these 11 Dolphins wins?

Here is how I would get them there. 4 wins plus these 7 more. I dont think it is going to happen, but it does look doable. Though I think they end up with 8 or 9. 

Wins

Broncos (3-4)

Chargers (2-5)

Jets (0-8)

Bengals (2-5-1)

Patriots (2-5)

This gets them to 9. They just need two more in the 4 below. This weeks AZ game is significant. They win that and we may have some trouble. 

Chiefs (7-1)

Cardinals (5-2)

Raiders (4-3)

Us (6-2)

Edited by ngbills

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

How many teams have played "great" on both sides of the ball for 4 quarters this year?  I am not sure even the Steelers would claim that. Their offense has struggled at times quite a bit. Have the Seahawks?  Their defense is among the worst in the NFL.

Quite a few teams have been able to put together full games on both sides of the ball.

Since we are arguing about Miami, I would say they accomplished this against the Jags, 49ers and Jets this year.

Regardless, I guess we can just agree to disagree.  

A lot of Bills fans seem to think the very idea Miami could eventually take the AFC East is ridiculous.  They seem to think Sunday's win pretty much buried the Pats and wrapped up the division.  I think that discounting the Dolphins (even with a rookie QB) could end up being a huge mistake.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

23 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Sure this is what I see happening as of today based on how they are playing and how ridiculously easy the rest of the schedule is on paper:

@ AZ - Win (given current momentum and catching AZ off bye week but could lose)

SD - Win

@ Den - Win

@ NYJ - Win

CIN - Win

KC - Loss (but they will give them a fight and have the defense to stop Mahomes and have a chance to possibly win late)

NE - Win

@ Oak - Loss (more of a toss up though really but can't see the Dolphins necessarily getting to 12-4)

@ Buf - Win

Final record 11-5, 1st place in AFC East

The stretch of four straight games between SD  and CIN is where I believe they seize control of the division for good and build at least a 2 game lead over the Bills especially if they also win in AZ this week as I project and the Bills hit the skids against a very tough stretch which I also project.

Well I certainly appreciate you putting it down to reference later.

and also for outing yourself as a Dolphin's fan 0:)

Just two follow up questions, if you are so concerned about how teams are winning re: Bills, how can you look at Tua's performance and think that offense is going to produce enough to win these games?  Or should the Dolphins expect a defensive and special teams td each week?  If you care so much about performance, I would think you would look at that Dolphin's game and say yikes they were far outplayed but got some timely turnovers that produced points.

6-0 > 4-3

4-0 > 1-3

1-0 > 0-1

35 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Sure this is what I see happening as of today based on how they are playing and how ridiculously easy the rest of the schedule is on paper:

SD - Win

@ Den - Win

@ NYJ - Win

CIN - Win

KC - Loss (but they will give them a fight and have the defense to stop Mahomes and have a chance to possibly win late)

NE - Win

@ Oak - Loss (more of a toss up though really but can't see the Dolphins necessarily getting to 12-4)

@ Buf - Win

The stretch of four straight games between SD  and CIN is where I believe they seize control of the division for good and build at least a 2 game lead over the Bills especially if they also win in AZ this week as I project and the Bills hit the skids against a very tough stretch which I also project.

The problem is this doesn't work in the NFL. It's a week to week league. You assume the Dolphins will just continue to play this well the rest of the year. Why? 

You assume the Bills will continue to play the way they have the last 4 games the rest of the year. Why?

Buffalo is a far more talented team than Miami is currently. In the end talent usually wins.

I find it far more likely the Bills play closer to their talent level than the Dolphins continue to overachieve over the next 8 games. The Bills have tons of room to get better and improve, the Dolphins don't.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

SD - Win

@ Den - Win

@ NYJ - Win

CIN - Win

NE - Win

@ Buf - Win

My guess

at AZ - loss

LAC - win but could be a loss. Herbert playing very well

at Den - win

at NYJ - win

CIN - loss.

KC - loss

NE - win

at Oak - loss but could be a win. I have this as a toss up

at Buff - loss

41 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Quite a few teams have been able to put together full games on both sides of the ball.

Since we are arguing about Miami, I would say they accomplished this against the Jags, 49ers and Jets this year.

Regardless, I guess we can just agree to disagree.  

A lot of Bills fans seem to think the very idea Miami could eventually take the AFC East is ridiculous.  They seem to think Sunday's win pretty much buried the Pats and wrapped up the division.  I think that discounting the Dolphins (even with a rookie QB) could end up being a huge mistake.  Hopefully I'm wrong.

I don't think it is ridiculous,  just think they are riding a high right now and will inevitably come down from it at some point because their talent doesn't justify it. 

I would much rather be the Bills playing worse than their talent dictates than the Dolphins playing over their heads.  Eventually talent wins out at the end of the season most times.

1 hour ago, High Football IQ said:

Yes it does at present, but again it may be a different story at the end of the season based on the final W/L projections I have for each team respectively based on remaining schedules which is probably 8/9 max for the Bills and 10/11 max for the Dolphins.

Your username, is the biggest hyperbole I've ever seen

I've never seen such terrible takes, from someone who claims to have a high football IQ

I'm actually convinced it's your schtick

• Like (+1) 1

Yes it does at present, but again it may be a different story at the end of the season based on the final W/L projections I have for each team respectively based on remaining schedules which is probably 8/9 max for the Bills and 10/11 max for the Dolphins.

Again...you make assumptions that are silly to make to get to them. Basing the outcomes of games in a week to week league with how a team is currently playing is ridiculous. Especially when you have no idea how injuries will be factoring into those matchups.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Your username, is the biggest hyperbole I've ever seen

I've never seen such terrible takes, from someone who claims to have a high football IQ

I'm actually convinced it's your schtick

I was convinced  weeks ago.

The collective IQ drops with every reply to them.   :lol: 

29 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

The Bengals are going to be a tough out for any team. They could easily beat Miami. As well as LAC & NE could give problems to Miami. 

Tua versus Belicheat?  Good luck rook. You'll need it.

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly think the Dolphins have a very good chance of losing their next two, and then hopefully this conversation stops entirely outside of the usual troll attemps. We're just going to hand them wins against the Cardinals and Chargers now? I'd take both of the opposing QBs

10 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Bills have 6 wins plus tie breaker, Fins have 4 wins. How is that not a 2.5 lead?

I guess you weren’t a math major. I’m just trying to help people out with the math. Don’t make it worse by jumping in when you’re wrong. 

7 hours ago, Kwai San said:

image.png.e107d32e00961e7eead8fe0aa7b4a8c2.png

I dunno but the math I see from above says 2 games ahead as in 6 wins versus 4 wins....eff the .5 game crap.  Oh yeah and that game in hand.  This theoretical crap is just that.......

Another math major I see 

Miami has the #1 scoring defense... But that involved shutting out the flacco jets.  They've also played 1 fewer game than buffalo.  Their yards per play is similar to buffalos.  They blitz more than buffalo, and pressure less. 

Basically they're better on 3rd down - but that number is a bit propped up by the 2/17 that the flacco jets put up against them - and takeaways.  Takeaways are always going to be relatively random.

Much like buffalo of last year, their numbers may be propped up a bit by the bad offenses they face.  I'd much rather face that defense than Indy, Pitt, Baltimore, hell even KC. 

SD - Win

@ Den - Win

@ NYJ - Win

CIN - Win

NE - Win

@ Buf - Win

Weak predictions. Lets checkyour win predictions

AZ- I have that down for a LOSS for the dolphins. Until shown otherwise the Dolphins cannot stop mobile QB's

SD- I have that down as a LOSS for the Dolphins. Dolphins cant even stop Allen and Herbert is similar to Allen 

@Den. I can see that as a WIN for the Dolphins

@Jets WIN

Cin- LOSS

KC- LOSS see AZ, SD No way is Dolphins slowing KC down

NE- WIN

Oak- WIN - Agree toss up. Depends on what Raiders team shows up

Buf- LOSS. Allen owns the Dolphins Period.

So that is 4 more losses on your schedule min would put the Dolphins at max 9-7. Bills would have finish 2-6 down in the last eight games to for the Dolphins to finish ahead of the Bills. Bills aren't playing well right now but 2-6 is NOT happening. 

Before some fans proclaim that the Dolphins are the AFC EAST Champs,  let's look at their new starting QB. Injury prone, 6" 217 lbs.

No training camp so he has had very limited experience running an NFL offense.

Against the Rams, 12 of 22 for 93 yards, 1 TD and a QBR of 25.0. Two runs for 0 yards. 

Their starting RB against the Rams Miles Gaskin had 18 carries for 47 yards, a 2.6 YPC avg. 

The Miami special teams scored 3 TDs and the Rams were forced to play catch up. Meanwhile the Rams rolled up 471 yards vs Miami offense 145 yards. 

Tua has shown nothing yet so lets wait a few games before saying anything more. Fitz did have a hot hand and now thrown away like a dishrag he might not have that hot hand anymore.

Just relax and wait and see.