Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

There's always some moron (Peter King?) that wants to pick the Phins to be great. every. damn. year.

Who was the ESPN guy that picked them to go to the SB and they ended up 1-15?  

Yeah, get back to me in a few weeks. . . .

Regarding the Pat*s game, i was initially pretty disappointed that we didn't kick the bejesus out of them.  Thinking back, that team was VERY highly motivated to not lose that game, and they threw everything they had at the Bills.  Quality win over a highly motivated opponent.  

1 hour ago, 298Woody said:

There is a lot correct in that article and the word is the Dolphins want to see if Tua is the guy now because they have Houston's 1st pick and are in he Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. They can always put Fitz back in. They have a much better defense than Buffalo and a better OL that's getting better as they play more together. They have so many new players that I expect them to improve better than the Bills that had a stable staring roster. They have much better kickers too.

Nah, they aren't getting Trevor Lawrence or anywhere close.

Edited by Thurman#1

If the Dolphins had Burrow or Herbert, in addition to all the draft picks they accumulated for the upcoming draft we’d be screwed for the next decade. 

instead they have tiny man Tua who almost died in his first drive when he got tombstoned by Donald. 

im not worried

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

image.png.e107d32e00961e7eead8fe0aa7b4a8c2.png

I dunno but the math I see from above says 2 games ahead as in 6 wins versus 4 wins....eff the .5 game crap.  Oh yeah and that game in hand.  This theoretical crap is just that.......

You need to factor in 

Buffalo 4-0 in the Division vs Miami 1-2 

Buffalo 5-2  in the Conference vs Miami 2-2.

Those make a difference as well.  Advantage Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

This is what the national media has done for years. We are always doubted until we prove everyone wrong and that's just how it's gonna be. Yes, we've made the playoffs two of the last three years. Yes, we have the best FO and coaching staff from top to bottom that we've had since the mid 90's. Yes, we have seemingly found our long awaited franchise QB. But because of all of the previous narratives, you will continue to see stories like this until we win the division and have some resemblance of post season success. W's will shut them up. 

Edited by H2o
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nah, they aren't getting Trevor Lawrence or anywhere close.

Agreed. While Houston are not "good" (their defense is awful) they have played the tougher stretch of their schedule and after taking a couple of weeks to adjust to no Hopkins, Watson has played as well as any QB in football weeks 3-7. Jags, Browns, Patriots, Bears, Lions, Benglas…. they will pick up at least 2 or 3 wins there. That gets them to probably about 4-12 on the year and that is not going to be enough for the #1 pick. If Tua stinks it up though could the Dolphins be in the Fields / Lance sweepstakes through the Texans pick? Possible.

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You need to factor in 

Buffalo 4-0 in the Division vs Miami 1-2 

Buffalo 5-2  in the Conference vs Miami 2-2.

Those make a difference as well.  Advantage Buffalo. 

Exactly. I find it very difficult to see a scenario where Miami has a tiebreaker over us. So if the Bills get to 9 they have to get to 10 and can anyone really see that? I was higher than most on Miami pre-season and did say you want to play them early because once the young players bed in they will be a tough out.... but they are not a 10 win team. Not yet.

If the Bills only finish with 8 wins I will be worried about the Dolphins. But that remains unlikely IMO.

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

This is what the national media has done for years. We always doubted until we prove everyone wrong and that's just how it's gonna be. Yes, we've made the playoffs two of the last three years. Yes, we have the best FO and coaching staff from top to bottom that we've had since the mid 90's. Yes, we have seemingly found our long awaited franchise QB. But because of all of the previous narratives, you will continue to see stories like this until we win the division and have some resemblance of post season success. W's will shut them up. 

In fairness we got a lot of credit the first 4 weeks from the talking heads around the networks. We were in the top 6 or 7 of all the power rankings. The reason people are down on the Bills at the moment is because the last four performances haven't been great and there are some very noticeable flaws in the team. Beat the Seahawks on Sunday and that narrative shifts again IMO.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Miami has a better coach and a better defense. Bills have a better skill players and a better QB.  

Miami has an easier schedule the rest of the way. 

Bills have been decimated by injury but none of them are season enders.  They can get some bodies back in the next couple of weeks, heal up at the bye week, and hopefully still add a player or two to the DL.  

Allen is better than Tua and that will be the deciding factor.   It will come down to who beats the Broncos and Chargers and then possibly the head to head which is in Buffalo.   

I wonder where this take is coming from. What exactly has Flores done that makes him better coach than McDermott? I do think that McD is sometimes slightly overrated  on this board but he is still pretty good (and proven) and I just don't get where this Flores is amazing theory is coming from.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Do you want to end this talk completely, with just one simple step, everything else being the same?

Bring back September Josh Allen.

So much wrong with the defense, yes, but there it is right there.

Allen was playing at an incredible level, completions at will. Rams game sticks out, that last drive. Raider game, that shoulder injury, brought his pace down some. Oline with more run blocking will get better. Defense has also been on a turnover drought until the last two games, plus Zimmer.

I just want to remind everyone of the "That's not roughing the kicker" against Carpenter on prime time. The league used Buffalo as it's whipping boy for much too long. It's time to destroy Wilson and take revenge.

1 hour ago, Kwai San said:

image.png.e107d32e00961e7eead8fe0aa7b4a8c2.png

I dunno but the math I see from above says 2 games ahead as in 6 wins versus 4 wins....eff the .5 game crap.  Oh yeah and that game in hand.  This theoretical crap is just that.......

The math can be done easily like this.

For each game more in the win column, add 0.5. For each game less in the loss column, add 0.5.

Conversely,

For each game less in the win column, subtract 0.5.

For each game more in the loss column, subtract 0.5.

So you have 2 more wins(0.5 + 0.5 = 1) and 1 less loss (0.5). Which equates to 1.0+0.5 = 1.5

You can also think of it as if a team has one more win and one less loss, ie if we are 6-2 and the Dolphins were 5-3 instead of 4-3, you could add the 0.5 for the extra win and the 0.5 for 1 less loss to come to a full game(1) ahead.

Edited by matter2003

Brian Flores has done an outstanding job in getting the Dolphins turned around in a short period of time. But Buffalo has every advantage right now (6-2, 4-3) as well as winning the first matchup, better divisional record and conference record. It is looking like the Bills-Dolphins rivalry will be heating up again just like the Kelly-Marino days over the next few seasons.

If ur a fins fan youre happy the way they are playing. Good coaching.

Promise in the parts that matter, offensive line and defense. 

That is a great base to start the run. 

Fins totally have a shot with that 3rd wild card team.

If we cant show we can beat the big dogs, both the Bills and the Fins will be 1 and done in the playoffs.

Edited by Ramza86

28 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Do you want to end this talk completely, with just one simple step, everything else being the same?

Bring back September Josh Allen.

So much wrong with the defense, yes, but there it is right there.

September Josh Allen throwing into November's defenses would not be a good look.

September Josh was throwing into man-to-man single coverage deep. If he throws the same pass to the same receiver at the same spot now it's defenced or intercepted by the double coverage teams are applying deep.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness we got a lot of credit the first 4 weeks from the talking heads around the networks. We were in the top 6 or 7 of all the power rankings. The reason people are down on the Bills at the moment is because the last four performances haven't been great and there are some very noticeable flaws in the team. Beat the Seahawks on Sunday and that narrative shifts again IMO.

You could tell the talk was with reluctance though for the most part. It always is because we've had strong starts before and crumbled down the stretch. Win the division, get at least one W in the playoffs(if not more), and the narratives will change. No, our last 4 games haven't been like the first 4, but we've been dealing with many injuries at key positions and didn't even have the slightest hint of a running game until this past Sunday. If we can somehow beat Seattle yes the talk will shift again, but it will still be hesitation until we close out the division and win a meaningful game in January.