Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

Protocal69

If the Bills look bad against the Seahawks everyone will (probably rightly) say the team comes apart whenever it plays anyone really good. If they beat the Seahawks everyone will be back on the bandwagon again. Simple really!

And I think any sort of win over the Hawks would do it, convincing or ugly. They're a genuinely elite team (elite offense at least) and if we can take them out the entire narrative changes. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

This Sunday will be really interesting to see how the two teams measure up.  Bills at home against Seattle and the Dolphins traveling to play a rested Cardinals team.   Serious challenge for both. 

I like the Bills chances.  I can see the Bills going toe to toe score wise with the Seahawks.  Game will come down to the last possession.....

• Like (+1) 1

There is a lot correct in that article and the word is the Dolphins want to see if Tua is the guy now because they have Houston's 1st pick and are in he Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes. They can always put Fitz back in. They have a much better defense than Buffalo and a better OL that's getting better as they play more together. They have so many new players that I expect them to improve better than the Bills that had a stable staring roster. They have much better kickers too.

5 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-8-takeaways-give-it-up-for-the-dolphins-the-best-team-in-the-afc-east-183728407.html

Week 8 takeaways: The Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East

Jeff Simmons
Mon, November 2, 2020, 1:37 PM EST

The Buffalo Bills’ victory over the New England Patriots was deemed by some as a changing of the guard in the AFC East, but the best team in the division didn’t play in that game. Believe it or not, the best team in the AFC East is the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are playing at a far higher level than the Bills over the last month, as Josh Allen’s previous issues have resurfaced. Miami has won three straight games, including an impressive 28-17 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Week 8 with next to no production from rookie QB Tua Tagovailoa in his NFL debut. Alternatively, the Bills have just one win in their last four weeks and needed to force a fumble deep in their own territory to hold off a late surge from the rather underwhelming Patriots.

There is plenty of evidence to support Miami’s legitimacy. The Dolphins’ point differential, an important measure of overall quality, is plus-58 (fifth in AFC), while the Bills, who lead the division with a 6-2 record, have a negative point differential (minus-1), a sign they are winning with an u

nsustainable formula. Buffalo has been disappointing on defense, ranking 29th in the NFL in DVOA, while Miami ranks in the top-10.

Head coach Brian Flores has built a complete team in his second season with Miami. That much was evident Sunday, as they managed to rack up a passing, rushing, special teams and defensive touchdown against the Rams.

The Dolphins will certainly need more from Tagovailoa if they want to pass Buffalo in the standings. The rookie was just 12-of-22 for 93 yards and a touchdown, but Allen wasn’t much better on Sunday, going 11-of-18 for 154 yards with no scores through the air. Allen has not thrown a touchdown over his last two games, while his completion percentage has dropped considerably since his MVP-level start over the first four games.

In the first four games, Josh Allen had 21 completions of 20 yards or more. Over the last four games, he has four completions of 20 yards or more, two to wideouts.

Stefon Diggs had eight catches of 20 yards or more in the first four games, none in the last four.

— Jerry Sullivan (@ByJerrySullivan) November 2, 2020

Right now, Miami is a more complete team than Buffalo from top to bottom and Flores should be in the conversation for coach of the year.

This article is flawed in so many ways:

1st: The BILLS have more than one win in the last 4 weeks (2). The teams the BILLS lost to have 3 combined losses on the season

2nd: The guy wants to mention the point differential being a -1 means that we are not winning in a sustainable way. Ill tell you what, throwing for 93 yards which was what Tua passed for is not sustainable. 

3rd: The guy wants to use a Jerry Sullivan stat regarding Diggs having no 20 yard catches in the last 4 games. Well teams playing 2 high safety will slow down the deep passes so that stat means nothing in context. Last 4 games Diggs is averaging  7 catches 73 yards 

4th: The BILLS are basically 3 games ahead of the Dolphins in the standing. 2.5 games plus tiebreaker. You can never say a team that is 3 games back in the division after 8 weeks is better than the team leading the division. 

Get back to me when the Dolphins beat a team that the Bills have lost to on the schedule. Bills have already beat the Dolphins on the road to make it so bad. These writers will do anything for clicks.

Now we know HI IQ real name

4 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Their supposed vaunted defense gave up 471 total yards!

Look, I won't take anything away from them. They're playing opportunistic football like the Titans and a win is a win. But can we stop acting like this team is some type of powerhouse that is to be reckoned with. Their QB threw for 90 yards for crying out loud.

was a short field turnover game I believe... I would need to know average drive start, etc.  

4 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The Phins have a much easier schedule than the Bills do going forward.  That is the only thing in their favor.  If the Phins can score a defensive TD and special teams TD every week for the rest of the season like they did against the Rams,  they will be a threat to win the AFCE.  In the absence of the Phins setting all time NFL records for defensive and special teams scoring in a season, I think the Bills will probably squeak it out...

This is the correct take.  I watched the Fish Rams game.  The Rams imploded.  The Fish are improving but they have a ways to go.  The media loves Miami and always will.

3 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Bills have 6 wins plus tie breaker, Fins have 4 wins. How is that not a 2.5 lead?

Games Ahead (or Games Back) is calculated like this:

(Team1 differential - Team2 differential)/2

where Team differential is that team’s wins-losses.

So we have ((6-2)-(4-3))/2=3/2=1.5

The Bills are 1.5 games ahead of the Dolphins.  The Bills also have the tiebreaker, which doesn’t factor into Games Ahead. 

Find a full explanation HERE.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Tua Tagovailoa -- 93 yards, 1 touchdown

He's not to need to be A LOT better to be as good as Fitzpatrick has been for them through the first part of the season, let alone to go on a run. Can't count on four first half turnovers, a defensive touchdown and a special teams touchdown every week to get you across the finish line.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Billznut said:

The Bills have a 1.5 game lead plus tiebreaker, not 2.5 game lead. So I would eliminate point 4. Points 1-3 I would agree with. 

image.png.e107d32e00961e7eead8fe0aa7b4a8c2.png

I dunno but the math I see from above says 2 games ahead as in 6 wins versus 4 wins....eff the .5 game crap.  Oh yeah and that game in hand.  This theoretical crap is just that.......

Edited by Kwai San
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They gave up some soft yards second half nursing a big lead but the defense won them that game. The Fins defense is a top 10 unit. Their problem is their offense was streaky under Fitz and likely takes an initial step back under Tua. I think long term the Dolphins are going to be a challenger to the Bills but I don't see it this year. The only way the Bills need to be worried is if they go 2-6 from this point.

Imagine a scenario where the Bills are 9-6 going into the final game against the 8-7 Fins..... even if we lost to them at that point they would equal the H2H, but unless we lose to the Pats with nothing to play for in week 16 they can't beat us on the divisional tiebreaker. It basically only becomes an issue in my mind if the Bills only win two more games. If we go 8-8 then yes, the Dolphins are a threat for the division. But I have the Bills winning 3 or 4 more games and if they do that then the Dolphins don't even come into the reckoning.

Your argument makes perfect sense to me.   But I read somewhere else here that it’s all about the point differential.  And based on that the Dolphins have a lock on division  😛