I love our 2 RB's!

LB48

I'm really happy w/ what I've seen from Moss.  It seems like they have been gradually working him back in since his injury, and he has made the most of his opportunities.  He shows good awareness out there & really keeps his legs moving after 1st contact....

13 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Moss really impressed me. 

Amazing what ditching the read option and making holes can do for your run game. 

I don't know if the Bills really have a read option?  It seems the plays are set regardless of what Allen sees in a second or two.

22 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Moss really impressed me. 

Amazing what ditching the read option and making holes can do for your run game. 

Yup

Been saying that for weeks now, get the guys 7 yards deep and let our little bowling balls hammer away.

All these tight read options give the backs no head of steam and it tends to result in a lot of dancing at the line trying to find daylight.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/3/2020 at 7:26 AM, LB48 said:

Sure, they are small.  Sure, they don't have high end speed.  

Singeltary & Moss are a great combination.  They hit the holes quickly and can make moves in the Defensive backfield to add yardage.  Both seem to block well and catch passes  out of the backfield.  

They may not be 225# Super Star, high profile running backs and that's fine.   I like what the Bills have!!!

Actually they hit the holes too slow and the holes close too fast.   Luckily the Patriots had 6-7 DBs all the time and the OL helped keep the holes open for the RBs to take advantage.

18 hours ago, Jobot said:

Patriots played 7 defensive backs all game... don't get fooled that the Bills all of the sudden have a great rushing attack, we took what NE gave us on Sunday.

this

• Like (+1) 1

Offensive line has been the main issue this season.  The Bills got their tackle situation settled only to have the interior of the line fall apart.  If Morse recovers from his concussion and continues playing, Feliciano gets back to his reliable run blocking self, Ford can get healthy, and Boettger can at least play like he played last Sunday, we may have the makings of a solid run blocking line, with a bit of depth to boot..  The question is will they be able to protect Allen against a tough defensive line?   If Singletary and Moss have a little space (or Yeldon for that matter) they'll be fine.

Edited by TigerJ

Me too. I'd still like one with speed, but we are getting solid play from a pair of 3rd round picks.

On 11/2/2020 at 7:21 PM, msw2112 said:

Two weeks ago they were terrible (small, slow and weak), Yeldon needed to play more and we were foolish for waiting until the 3rd round to draft RBs.  Funny how the narrative can change so quickly with one successful game.  OL play makes a difference.

We need to build in the trenches.

On 11/2/2020 at 8:29 PM, Augie said:

I never thought Emmitt Smith was a special talent. He just played behind what was one of the best OLInes for MANY years. A slightly above average RB is the all time leader in NFL rushing yards. 

BUILD THE LINES! 

I remember him as much better than that. 

On 11/2/2020 at 7:56 PM, LB48 said:

Sure, they are small.  Sure, they don't have high end speed.  

Singeltary & Moss are a great combination.  They hit the holes quickly and can make moves in the Defensive backfield to add yardage.  Both seem to block well and catch passes  out of the backfield.  

They may not be 225# Super Star, high profile running backs and that's fine.   I like what the Bills have!!!

I think Singletary is good, at times he hits the hole slower than I would like to see.  Hoping he has more upside. 

Moss is still learning and we started to see him run with power last week.  Need more of that but he looks promising so far.  

The OL has not been strong at run blocking, the Pats* game is the exception as they were finally able to take advantage of multiple DB schemes.  Feliciano helped a lot.