Chris Simms on Bills-Patriots

The way the Bills won the game yesterday is exactly how the Pats would of beat the Bills. Some no name defensive player makes a play and seals the win. The Pats were already going to at least tie the game, and it looked like NE was going to score a TD. So no, the Bills did what they had to do to win a game. 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Many talking heads picked a 2-4 team to beat a 5-2 team because Belichick has been McDermott's daddy, they were almost right so they chose to report the game as the Pats blowing it. If the Bills would have stomped them like they should have the national narrative would be different today. It's not rocket science.

Looks like you're the one stuck with the daddy issues...

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The way the Bills won the game yesterday is exactly how the Pats would of beat the Bills. Some no name defensive player makes a play and seals the win. The Pats were already going to at least tie the game, and it looked like NE was going to score a TD. So no, the Bills did what they had to do to win a game. 

That McKelvin fumbled return haunts me to this day.

Edited by Sharky7337

21 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Was Bellichick outsmarting or outcoaching McDermott when he called for that onside kick?

Which gave the Bills a short field, and lead to a Bills touchdown drive!

Is the national media talking about that?!

Not that I heard of. 

But I have ;) 

21 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Was Bellichick outsmarting or outcoaching McDermott when he called for that onside kick?

Which gave the Bills a short field, and lead to a Bills touchdown drive!

Is the national media talking about that?!

Not that I heard of. 

But I have ;) 

Wtf?  

I guess it needed to be said twice 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Doesn't know Zimmer's name, though he does get it prompted to him and apologizes.

Have not read the entire thread...apologies. Do we expect him to know Zim’s name? Do we expect the national media to care about Buffalo? If we do, we should not: we’ve been irrelevant for 21 of the last 23 years. 

There have been numerous examples of him giving praise to Josh and our O prior to us sucking again (Oh no! We suck again!!!! 😃). 

Let’s all grow some thicker skin as recognize that we have been inept or worse for a LONG time. Prove we’re otherwise before we expect something different from the national media. 

33 minutes ago, JPP said:

This is the bigger story and will be until the end of the season....Brady v Bilicheat....it always will be....im just so very happy to see the cheats at 2-5.....oh yeah and seeing Superman Cam crying on the bench.....

Definitely loved seeing Cam sitting there crying after the fumble. During that last carry he was probably too concerned about what stupid TD celebration he was going to perform instead of making sure he was carrying the ball in the correct hand and securing the ball. Could also have been that imaginary hand sanitizer he was using after his first TD made his hands too slippery to hang onto the ball, lol!

3 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

I disagree, many Bills fans look to national media for validation but when they don't find it they complain that it's not fair, when in reality it's quite rational. When the Bills win playoff games for many consecutive seasons the national take on them will change.

The OP was very rational in asking for accurate analysis and player name recognition from a guy who's job it is to analyze and know names, lol

Time to dismount the high horse disown your daddy, Gene!

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

Pretty much all the non-Bills NFL fans around the country. Narratives get parroted, in fact it's likely everyone here does it with national news about all other NFL teams not named the Buffalo Bills.

Their opinion and yours are the opinions of people who don’t matter.

We beat NE in a demoralizing fashion for THEM , not us!

We didn't really slow down the patriots offense, they were a few yards from winning the game. we did in the 1st half but defense was embarrassing in the 2nd half. 

That was the worst patriots team in 20+ years and this is the best bills team in 2 decades and the game came down to a fumble recovery. 

48 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

We played like dog ***** against a patchwork patriot team that has a qb that cant throw a football and we should have lost.

Minus saying we won....there is nothing else positive about this win.

Why do you hate life so much?  Enjoy the win.  Get laid or something.  Geez

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills didn't play a perfect game and there are certainly things they could have done better.  That said, they never trailed in the game.  Also, Newtown didn't drop the ball.  Zimmer hit him from behind and clearly made an intentional move to punch the ball out - which was successful.  The defense got run over most of the game, but made a play when they needed it most.  They gave up a fair number of points and yards during the Raiders game, but also made a play (a couple of them) when the game was on the line and they had to have it.

As to the national media, I really don't care what they say.  Sure, it's nice to see praise for Buffalo and/or the Bills, but it really doesn't change anything.  Simms should have gotten Zimmer's name, but keep in mind that Zimmer is a backup player recently signed from the practice squad who has never been a starter in the league.  Not exactly a household name.  Simms is generally a Bills supporter and I don't believe him blowing Zimmer's name was a show of disrespect.  And I really don't care when they drone on about the Patriots, I just tune it out.  I agree that they had one of the most successful runs in professional sports history, but it's over.

Edited by msw2112

17 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Don't you think all those talk shows have production meetings? I doubt Chris Simms writes all his own matetial. Cam blowing the game is a bigger story than Zimmer...

Lol....you're reaching here. The answer is no; this is segment is basically a vlog. The production meeting commentary consists of this one comment: "This is where Mr. Host asks Chris about the Bills/Pats game. Next up..."

If that...

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

All the national media is commenting that the Pats lost the game, the Bills didn't win it. I can't argue with that tbh...

I'm not watching this because it's "the national media", I'm watching this because it's Chris Simms who knows something about football and has had some strong and perceptive things to say about the Bills.

I didn't hear Chris Simms promote the idea that "the Bills didn't win the game".  The Pats were driving at the end with a chance to win it.  They failed.  They lost.

This general idea (if it's one the media is commenting on, I wouldn't know) that "the Pats lost the game, the Bills didn't win it" is stupid.  The Pats were never in the lead - not once.  They kept coming back to tie it, then the Bills would answer back and take the lead again.  They fell short at the end - they would almost certainly have managed a FG to force overtime if the Bills hadn't forced a fumble.