NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He just is playing out of position, I could say that most of our LBs as love Tremaine at SLB, Klein at MLB and Milano at WLB.

To Lorenzo’s point, we have played the majority of the season in a nickel 4-2-5, and in that alignment Edmunds and Milano/Klein are essentially playing the same position. we have not been in much base. I agree though? That he could excel as a sam in a 4-3 under look, which I just have not seen this year. 

I still believe in him, because he is a unicorn  as a mike. He could be something amazing. But if he were drafted by a team like the Steelers or Ravens and played more like a 3-4 OLB, he’d have like 12 sacks every year. 

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

To Lorenzo’s point, we have played the majority of the season in a nickel 4-2-5, and in that alignment Edmunds and Milano/Klein are essentially playing the same position. we have not been in much base. I agree though? That he could excel as a sam in a 4-3 under look, which I just have not seen this year. 

I still believe in him, because he is a unicorn  as a mike. He could be something amazing. But if he were drafted by a team like the Steelers or Ravens and played more like a 3-4 OLB, he’d have like 12 sacks every year. 

Belichick would make him another Chandler Jones IMO.

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Sheldon rankins please

He had a sprained MCL

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/saints-sheldon-rankins-suffers-mcl-sprain-report

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Floydboy12 said:

I don’t think anything gets done. Feel like Beane won’t admit he made several missed calls in FA. Team seems to be set for better or worse. 

I'm not sure he makes any moves either mainly because there are too many holes that need plugging.  The only move I could see him making would be one that would beyond this year, but can't see him going for a one year rental.

4 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm not sure he makes any moves either mainly because there are too many holes that need plugging.  The only move I could see him making would be one that would beyond this year, but can't see him going for a one year rental.

We clearly have too many D-lineman on this roster. One or two have to go the problem is the two that be likely cuts, Murphy and Butler, hurt us most against the cap.

1 hour ago, Floydboy12 said:

I don’t think anything gets done. Feel like Beane won’t admit he made several missed calls in FA. Team seems to be set for better or worse. 

Beane had no way of knowing Star and Gaines were going to opt out and know way of knowing the NFL were going to ignore holding and neutralize how our D works.

I also don't see anyone available that will help us.  We need a 1tech.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Even adding a decent MLB might launch us into elite AFC territory. We are getting absolutely dreadful play from our LBs. 1 guy that’s just slightly above avg, could send us on a run.

Even the best LBers would suffer playing behind our DL.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Dalvin Tomlinson is team captain. Usually another good sign. Go get him. Please.

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Hope Beane is watching tonight's game.  I'd give a third for Tomlinson.

If we shore up the weakest link on our defense the offense won't have to score 35 to win. I'd prefer Tomlinson to a TE or DE.

• Like (+1) 4