NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I don't want to make a separate post topic but can anyone answer this question. 

I was listening to a recent Aaron Rodgers interview and he was being asked about if the team had any interest in bringing in any help for him at the trade deadline and he when into a Aaron Rodgers type answer but then he said something that peaked my interest. He said " THE LAST PLAYER THAT I BANGED THE TABLE FOR WENT TO THE BILLS"

The only one I can think of weapon wise the BILLS got during his playing career that maybe he would have wanted was Terrell Owens BUT that would have been his 2nd year starting coming off a 6-10 record. Not sure how much clout he had in the org at that point to be able to bang the table for a player

Kumerow on PS

3 minutes ago, thronethinker said:

He likely meant Diggs. 

Means the PS Kumerow 

https://fansided.com/2020/09/05/packers-cut-jake-kumerow-aaron-rodgers-backing/

38 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I wanted a move like everyone here.  However I am aware that it takes two.  So realistically...who was available for trade (not wishful thinking) and what would you have parted with in compensation.  I'm asking those posting here who are castigating Beane for not making a move.

I really really didn’t want to give up picks. With the cap restraints upcoming and big ticket players I hope are signed like Milano, who I believe is a huge piece when healthy, we need to replace older expensive players in the draft. I’m glad they didn’t give up a draft pick for anyone that was being dangled because the word was teams were asking way too much for these castaways with expiring contracts. It’s a losing proposition unless you think one guy can fix all the flaws holding you back from a SB. Desmond King seems like he was a bargain. But not sure the story there. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Putin said:

Dude step away from the ledge take a chill pill and go get a hug 

You're an a adorable young fan who has an oblivious mentality about Bills ineptitude for 25 years. This team has accomplished nothing since Marv Levy, who is pushing 100. You're perfectly equipped to lose in  the first rd. of the playoffs and say we had a great year. I'm not a patient, hapless observer who is accepting of poor management. 25 years is enough. Thanks for the advice though. When the good teams toy with us, you'll probably be playing video games.

8 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

You're an a adorable young fan who has an oblivious mentality about Bills ineptitude for 25 years. This team has accomplished nothing since Marv Levy, who is pushing 100. You're perfectly equipped to lose in  the first rd. of the playoffs and say we had a great year. I'm not a patient, hapless observer who is accepting of poor management. 25 years is enough. Thanks for the advice though. When the good teams toy with us, you'll probably be playing video games.

This team was never going to contend for a title this year. Step away from the ledge.

7 minutes ago, QCity said:

This team was never going to contend for a title this year. Step away from the ledge.

So that's a reason to sit with the underachieving defense Beane constructed, for big money in the off season. When will this championship caliber team present itself? Limited cap space  next season, and drafting in the 20s. Loyal fans are great, but when you accept excuses for a team with a solid offense, not making in season moves to address glaring weaknesses, you're endorsing bad management. Remember, the Dolphins and Patriots will be better every year. With  a stout front seven,  we could go deep in the playoffs this year. You should be critical of impotence.

1 hour ago, thronethinker said:

He likely meant Diggs. 

I could see Aaron Rodgers salivating over that trade.  The thing is, you seldom see teams trading to conference much less Division rivals.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This guy seems like a turd but 

Why is he a turd?  I'm not disagreeing, I'm just unfamiliar

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Rotoworld summed it up:

The Titans came into the offseason desperate for pass-rushing help, but this signing seemed like a disaster from Day 1. Beasley was late to report to training camp and then proceeded to make just 3.0 tackles across five games. Tennessee is bottom-three in sacks (7.0) through eight weeks and still find Beasley worth releasing. He signed a one-year, $9.5 million contract this offseason.

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

I don't want to make a separate post topic but can anyone answer this question. 

I was listening to a recent Aaron Rodgers interview and he was being asked about if the team had any interest in bringing in any help for him at the trade deadline and he when into a Aaron Rodgers type answer but then he said something that peaked my interest. He said " THE LAST PLAYER THAT I BANGED THE TABLE FOR WENT TO THE BILLS"

The only one I can think of weapon wise the BILLS got during his playing career that maybe he would have wanted was Terrell Owens BUT that would have been his 2nd year starting coming off a 6-10 record. Not sure how much clout he had in the org at that point to be able to bang the table for a player

Diggs

1 hour ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Thanks for the compliment but I wish I was a young fan , unfortunately for me I’m not that young anymore 

17 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Rotoworld summed it up:

The Titans came into the offseason desperate for pass-rushing help, but this signing seemed like a disaster from Day 1. Beasley was late to report to training camp and then proceeded to make just 3.0 tackles across five games. Tennessee is bottom-three in sacks (7.0) through eight weeks and still find Beasley worth releasing. He signed a one-year, $9.5 million contract this offseason.

Ah.  Do we know what the story was with him being late to report?

He hasn't been seeing a lot of offensive snaps.  125 snaps.  For $9.5M fully guaranteed.  $76,000/snap

Almost makes AJ Klein seem like a bargain.  At least he shows up and tries hard.

3 hours ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

No, but he does control personnel and this defensive group can't stop the run and adding players is what GMs do. He also has depth issues at corner and the 2nd string receivers had their way with our dbs on Sunday. You like standing pat, fans like you give him a pass on being a stiff.

I give Beane a pass because I pointed out that he didn’t make the schedule? That was one of your complaints. Your ire should be turned elsewhere.

21 minutes ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

You're a good fan, we need you on that wall.

I’m sorry I can’t join your rebellion , my pitchforks and torches  have been put away and are collecting dust somewhere in the basement 

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could see Aaron Rodgers salivating over that trade.  The thing is, you seldom see teams trading to conference much less Division rivals.

He signed with Tennessee as a FA In March  and then didn’t show up to anything until well into TC. They put him on the did not report list and then he finally showed up and did nothing