NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

I think watching how much bringing back Feliciano (even with losing Morse) improved the run, should hopefully show how much doing the same on the defensive interior would help the defense as a whole.

Feliciano was a huge part of the running game. Adding a true 1-tech (none of Phillips, Oliver, Butler, Jefferson or Zimmer are truly a 1-tech) like Tomlinson would be a big piece to helping improve the entire defense. 
if you look at how we’ve been playing, the linebackers look like they tend to be stacking over the nose, and even the safeties seem to be doing so quite often. Probably because they know there’s so much push against that area of our defense. Clogging that hole consistently allows the second and third level guys to spread out more snd make more plays. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

He’s a very good player, but man that’s tough to let go of a 3rd. You’re mortgaging a lot if you don’t have a 3rd or 4th next year. 

The draft next year isn't a typical draft. And honestly I would trade a third for Tomlinson. For one I think while it is unlikely the Bills could resign him it is possible that if he fits in well that the front office (depending on what the cap is) could want to resign him and platoon him with Star. Tomlinson wouldn't fix all the issues with this defense. The pass rush is mid-level and lacks that edge setter, there is a lack of a number two corner and possibly the LB play is suspect. But Tomlinson would greatly improve the rush defense and help out the LB's. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the Bills roll with what they got.  Not much space this year and will most likely need all their draft picks to compensate for the larger dead cap thats looming for next year from some of the crappy FA pickups. 

Edited by Weatherman
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

He’s a very good player, but man that’s tough to let go of a 3rd. You’re mortgaging a lot if you don’t have a 3rd or 4th next year. 

I get it but if you NEED help you have to take the offer. Plus how much will a 3rd or 4th rounder help this team in 2021? If necessary there are ways to get those rounds back.

This one get takes pressure off both sides of the ball. Nothing they can do now will be as effective!

Edited by qwksilver

8 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I get it but if you NEED help you have to take the offer. Plus how much will a 3rd or 4th rounder help this team in 2021? If necessary there are ways to get those rounds back.

This one get takes pressure off both sides of the ball. Nothing they can do now will be as effective!

I agree it’s just tough to do it. I would be happy if they made a move for him, but I don’t see Beane giving up a 3rd

11 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

I agree it’s just tough to do it. I would be happy if they made a move for him, but I don’t see Beane giving up a 3rd

I'm not sure I see him either because he values those picks to move around but more importantly it would be him acknowledging he made some mistakes this offseason.  

Almost no one likes to admit they aren't perfect. Star opting out really hurt us.

Edited by qwksilver
  • Like (+1) 1

Okay, today's the big day! DID BEANE MAKE A TRADE YET ????

One thing this crazy year has brought, there seems to be far more in-season player movement (trades) than I remember from other seasons. Or am I just losing my memory?

Edited by CSBill

We are not trading for Tomlinson as they would want a 2nd as he was taken in the 2nd, his contract expires at the end of this year, and will cost quite a bit in a cap Covid year.  You guys know who I want in Settle.  Only $800 k through next year, was taken in the 6th round, and would be cheap in a draft pick.  Washington is going nowhere and they have a ton of depth on their defensive line.  Besides, Rivera and McD are friends.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

I wonder how interested we'd be in John Ross?

John Brown has been unavailable/injured and he is the only player we have that can stretch the field.  

Even when Brown is healthy, wouldn't Ross be a nice player to have??

I think if he is cut, he would be a good add to the PS in case Brown is hurt again. Would not give up a pick for him. 

• Like (+1) 1