NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

I find really interesting that we have problems to make any move due to cap space. I checked sportrac and saw contracts we have but it is still weird that we don't have any cap space even though we don't have single player over 15m cap hit. It makes me wonder what we are going to do when Tre's, Dawkins' and Allen's contracts start counting.

On a positive note, Edmunds is trying to save us from cap hell this season :)

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Who the hell would want Knox?

Well there are teams that do project talent.  The kid only played 18 games in college over 3 years and had to transition from QB to TE.  39 catches in 19 games.

And so far in NFL in 14 starts he has 34 catches for 481 yds at 14.1 YPC,  17 first downs and 2 TDs.  Not bad.  He is quick, can block and can get down the seam.  The latter is a cover 2 shell beater btw which any good passing team needs.  

I'd keep him 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm guessing Beane has been trying fairly hard, but other teams are asking too much. Glaring need at DT, but only a certain profile can fit there,  because the Bills can't cut Star in the off season. That player has to be cheap or easy to cut in the off season

3 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Well there are teams that do project talent.  The kid only played 18 games in college over 3 years and had to transition from QB to TE.  39 catches in 19 games.

And so far in NFL in 14 starts he has 34 catches for 481 yds at 14.1 YPC,  17 first downs and 2 TDs.  Not bad.  He is quick, can block and can get down the seam.  The latter is a cover 2 shell beater btw which any good passing team needs.  

I'd keep him 

This is a great summary.  Him being out hasn't helped out ability to beat the zone. 

3 minutes ago, gordong said:

well sure is looking like we are not doing anything...  very disappointed if that is the case.   We are not winning a playoff game with this defense as it sits now. 

Unless he has 1 trade in mind that he's working on.  A bigger deal than expected.   Thats my hunch. 

Also keep in mind he did the KB deal in last 5 min. 

Here’s a random thought I have had about this... 

The NFL has made voting a big deal (which is great!) and they’ve given days off to league people and encourages teams to do likewise... why keep the deadline today? I know it’s always Tuesday, but why not last week? Or next week? 

Seems problematic.

• Like (+1) 1

Dalvin Tomlinson still seems like the Bills ideal target - 1-tech run stuffing DT, low salary, FA after the season.  Tricky to get done without a 4th round pick this year, but I would offer a 2022 4th rd pick + conditional 5th round pick this year (if he re-signs).  Problem is the Giants, if they are even open to dealing him, could be looking for at least a 3rd this year, and that would be too rich of a price to pay just for 7-8 games IMO. 

3 minutes ago, jshalt31 said:

Dalvin Tomlinson still seems like the Bills ideal target - 1-tech run stuffing DT, low salary, FA after the season.  Tricky to get done without a 4th round pick this year, but I would offer a 2022 4th rd pick + conditional 5th round pick this year (if he re-signs).  Problem is the Giants, if they are even open to dealing him, could be looking for at least a 3rd this year, and that would be too rich of a price to pay just for 7-8 games IMO. 

How about a 3rd, next years 5th, and Kyle Murphy for Tomlinson/Engram

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Random one.   Do we take a page from bellicheats book and trade Hyde?  Hes clearly lost a little but is still perceived as a top safety.  Patriots have been great at shedding these types of players over the years. 

They were but I would hope this would be an off-season move and not one when we are trying to get better for a SB run. IMO that makes us worse and more thin. 

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan

2 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Random one.   Do we take a page from bellicheats book and trade Hyde?  Hes clearly lost a little but is still perceived as a top safety.  Patriots have been great at shedding these types of players over the years. 

Considering Hyde missed our last game trading damaged goods isn't going to to look good. I'm not sure why we'd trade him as think Marlowe was sub par replacing him. He also isn't breaking the bank in terms of cap. 

23 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Teams that see talent.

18 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He would not give me the names of the teams that called, either doesn't know or doesn't want to pass that along.

13 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I'd keep him 

I loved the Knox pick and I have really wanted him to turn a corner.  He definitely has talent - especially making difficult catches and he's shown the ability to be a wrecking machine after the catch.  But his dropsies are a problem and I am concerned that he has not shown any improvement yet.

I would love to keep him and love for him to get better.  I'm just skeptical at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Considering Hyde missed our last game trading damaged goods isn't going to to look good. I'm not sure why we'd trade him as think Marlowe was sub par replacing him. He also isn't breaking the bank in terms of cap. 

Agree.  Just a thought as he has struggled this year.  If you potentially replace him on off-season getting something for him now makes sense. 

On 11/2/2020 at 11:48 AM, Mark Vader said:

I see.

I'm not interested in Engram. Going for another Tight End is far less important than going for defense.

Pursuing Atkins & Mercilus makes a lot more sense. Won't be easy, but they have to try.

I think the opposite. 

You are getting zero from the Tight End position right now. 

We might as well be the Patriots and dress one TE on gameday.