NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

Ok To recap my the intel from the little Bird.

Bills have made calls on Engram, Adkins and Mercilus

Do want to move Murphy

Labeled all picks except 1st and 2nd tradable.

Other Rumors (Not from the Birdy).

Bills interested in DJ Hayden from Jax

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

I see your point about the Tight End position, although I still think Knox can be valuable to us. If you listen to some people on this board you'd think that Knox has never caught a pass in his life.

It’s the ones he drops that stand out because it happens too often.

Good stuff. 

I’d take Engram in a heart beat. Total change of scenery guy. 

Mercilus is an interesting one. But he has a good chunk of money left on that deal, so he’d be here next year as well. I don’t see that one happening just because the money involved. Same type of issue with Atkins. They’d essentially be our offseason additions as well. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Good stuff. 

I’d take Engram in a heart beat. Total change of scenery guy. 

Mercilus is an interesting one. But he has a good chunk of money left on that deal, so he’d be here next year as well. I don’t see that one happening just because the money involved. Same type of issue with Atkins. They’d essentially be our offseason additions as well. 

Mercilus has a Big base, but with the trade Texans pay the guaranteed money, so he would have an easy restructure to lower the cap hits after a trade, and kick some of that base into a signing bonus, giving some guaranteed money and an easy cap clearing restructure.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/whitney-mercilus-9836/

Atkins is a similar situation at Mercilus with the ability to an easy cap restructure post trade to free up space. His Age at 32 makes it something I would rather not do though in terms of a restructure he seems much more than a this year rental only and is cut in the offseason

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/geno-atkins-6628/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I dont think Kroft is anything more than that typical TE2.  I also think Knox while flashes is still to inconsistent to be counted on.  If you can get a Njoku for a third I would be all over it.

I would not object to that.

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I’d be shocked if Beane makes a move right now 

unfortunately I think you are right...  he knows that he can't fill the holes on defense this year with one or two moves.  We have issues on the D-Line, the LB play has been horrible this year, and the CB play might be the worst of them all.  (although Im not convinced this is not piss poor scheme).  I've said all year why are the DB playing so far off the Line....   It not Rocket science why it so hard to rush the passer if they can complete a 8 yard pass and no CB are in the area. 

Edited by gordong

1 hour ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

It will be devastating if Beane is unable to make moves. The players know they need help too

I’m trying hard to be low key/‘whatever’ regarding a deadline trade. Do I think we need to? Absolutely. We’re the current beneficiaries of an upside nfl world and have garnered a nearly unbelievable lead in our Division at the halfway mark! Yet we desperately need defensive help now to help this magic season in the making deliver in the end. I think Brandon et al are doing their level best, but...

I just don’t see it playing out well for us.

Doomshield? Youbetcha!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I live an hour away from Met life. Engram sucks. He’s like Knox. He would be great once the ball was in his hands but he can’t catch it. Don’t give up anything for him

I'd be good with trading for Engram.  Yea, he's alot like Knox, but Engram could be a change of scenery guy, and we now have two shots at one of them putting it together.