NFL Trade Deadline Primer update on page 15

MAJBobby

With the deadline coming tomorrow this is a nice read on some of the potential players up for a Move.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2045311

Outside that something I started hearing down here in FL is a rumor of Bills and Jags talking about DJ Hayden, CB.

Also Heard Bills Connected to Giants (Engram), Texans (Mercilus) and Bengals (Adkins) from my little bird.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

With the deadline coming tomorrow this is a nice read on some of the potential players up for a Move.

Outside that something I started hearing down here in FL is a rumor of Bills and Jags talking about DJ Hayden, CB.

Also Heard Bills Connected to Giants (Engram), Texans (Mercilus) and Bengals (Adkins) from my little bird.

x files | Trending Gifs | Page 4

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

x files | Trending Gifs | Page 4

The issue I asked the little bird is fitting the contracts.  The Bird chirped will also need to move Trent Murphy and that is being discussed as a standalone move, as well as packaging together with one of the others.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the next guy to move is Desmond King. While I’d probably like him here at slot not sure we’ll be in the mix. I’m never sold on big trade moves in the NFL happening always seems to be a lot of noise with not very many trades happening. This year may be a little different with virus stuff and college football and combines etc etc being out of whack 

If we can't trade Murphy, I'm assuming we would cut him to make room?

No because need to move the contract.  just cutting moves that entire contract to dead money (as it is guaranteed since the year started).  Only way to free the Space is to Move Murphy's Contract.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Engram? Not Tomlinson?

I would be very pleased with Mercilus.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I think the next guy to move is Desmond King. While I’d probably like him here at slot not sure we’ll be in the mix. I’m never sold on big trade moves in the NFL happening always seems to be a lot of noise with not very many trades happening. This year may be a little different with virus stuff and college football and combines etc etc being out of whack 

I think COVID and Scouting and All-Star games being at risk (Shrine already cancelled).  Those picks 3 round and blow become less valuable to me (I think)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Chargers are shopping Desmond King. Having another all pro across from White could really help this defense. Moving Levi to WR3, would give that extra time to our d-line, and I think could really help the entire unit. 

King would take Tarons spot not Levi. He’s an elite slot corner, not sure he’s played outside as much although he can in a pinch. 

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Engram? Not Tomlinson?

My Bird didn't mention.  I can ask and see if there is any connection their (but seems like Adkins would be their top TGT, based on what I heard from him).

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would assume there isn't much interest on the market for him.

Browns might take him if Garrett’s MRI has him out a few weeks. They have tons of cap space and are fighting for a playoff spot. No he wouldn’t replace Garrett but they need someone to step in, a vet would help. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

I would assume there isn't much interest on the market for him.

Not in a Trade for Pick.  But to play the scenario described to me.

Bills come to agreement with Texans on compensation for Mercilus being a 4th, but Bills want to include Murphy to remove that contract, Texans may take less than a 4th at that point, maybe a 5th or 6th (as they get out from Mercilus Contract and Murphy is expiring.

However they explained the compensation for someone like Njoku might climb higher to take Murphy's contract off our hands as part of the trade.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Engram? Not Tomlinson?

I’m not sure jersey would move Tomlinson. 
They can easily afford a new deal for him. He’s a team captain. He seems to have a really big value to them. He gets mentioned but I think that’s just common with losing teams only having so many players of value. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

King and Hayden would be rentals. Both of them are on expiring contracts. Hayden is a bit long in the tooth and King is going to want to get his $$$. Mercilus comes with a hefty price tag, $10,000,000 to $13,000,000+ per season over the next 3 years, and he's already 30. Adkins is 32 and comes with a hefty price tag as well. For a team with only $4,000,000 in cap room I don't really see us making those moves. The Giants have been talking up Engram and I'm not sure if they will let him go. He has his 5th year option at just over $6,000,000 left out there after this season, due to be a UFA in 2022. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

My Bird didn't mention.  I can ask and see if there is any connection their (but seems like Adkins would be their top TGT, based on what I heard from him).

I see.

I'm not interested in Engram. Going for another Tight End is far less important than going for defense.

Pursuing Atkins & Mercilus makes a lot more sense. Won't be easy, but they have to try.

• Like (+1) 1