Are the Bills a very good team??? This is where the issue is

I think the team that seemingly no one discusses is Pitt.  As much as I am NOT a Squealers fan they are looking dang good and worry me more than anyone left on the Bills remaining sched.  Yes the Hawks, Cards and Niners are going to be a HUGE test but that Pitt game is gonna be a men against boys game if it were played this week.  That being said - anything can happen.

I think the Bills are a slightly above average team right now still trying to figger itself out.  The next 8 games are going to be a huge challenge but we all knew this before they even blew the first whistle.

Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Do you have a recommendation for a better coach? 

Or examples of the 14-15 coaches you think are better than McDermott? 

There are 16 NFL Coaches I would trade for McDermott.  Doesn’t include college coaches I would take over him.

Harbaugh, Reid, Tomlin, Payton, McVay, Vrabel, Arians, Carroll, Shananhan, Pederson, Belichick, Flores, Reich, LaFleur, Rhule, Kingsbury

He is very average, and very boring in every way.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Billsflyer12 said:

The are 16 NFL I would trade for McDermott.  Doesn’t include college coaches I would take over him.

Harbaugh, Reid, Tomlin, Payton, McVay, Vrabel, Arians, Carroll, Shananhan, Pederson, Belichick, Flores, Reich, LaFleur, Rhule, Kingsbury

Prepare to be disappointed for several years

• Haha (+1) 1

Issue with D is simple we just don't have the personnel to take 2 things away.  

Missing star and having average LBs means we get gashed by the run if we don't put 7 or 8 in the box.  And because of the same reason with LBs and the fact we play so much zone we can't take away the pass without dropping 6 or 7...and Drone gets no pressure.  

We need a new LB and a new space eating DT. 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't feel like we're a *very* good team. The next 8 games look brutal. I'm glad we got the jets and pats* when we did, because we haven't been playing very well. 

I'm desperate to be wrong. I really, really want a 1tech to come in and cause things to fall into place. 

20 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Any coach who does not think winning games in the NFL is up to the grace of GOD would be a good start I think.

Yeah, probably. 

I’m pretty sure he just wakes up every morning and prays the Bills win. Prays that God writes a good game plan. Prays that God call a timeout when they need it. Prays that God forces a turnover. Prays that God set a good culture at OBD. Prays that God doesn’t throw a flag. 

This is probably all they talk about in team meetings. “Now Josh, if God throws a flag tomorrow, you can’t be upset. There’s a reason for it!” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You would be the first person to ever say this, other than a couple other clueless folk we have on the board.

in 2017, they year the world said we were tanking, he made the playoffs....we didn’t have 1 nfl caliber WR or TE.  Yet he underachieved.

after a down 2018 with a raw qb that wasn’t supposed to even play for a year or two, he goes 10-6 and was a terrible “blindside block” call from beating the texans and winning at least one playoff game.  It took watson bouncing off 2 tacklers (maybe it’s McDs fault for drawing up that play to get two blotters hit him at the same exact time) and looking like Superman to beat us.  

now we’re 6-2 while our defenses’ QB, Edmunds, is trying to figure out how to play the game again after being injured and while losing his 1 tech.  We don’t have a replacement 1 tech, which is our FOs biggest blunder of the season (not replacing Star). Our secondary is constantly banged up.  We have the worst LB in the NFL playing a lot of snaps (McBs second biggest blunder).  

our two losses were against the two best teams in the afc last season.  But yeah, McD is an “under achiever” as if we are the most loaded team in the league that should be 7-1 or 8-0.

you don’t like McD.  Fine.  I get it. Just don’t make stuff up. 

it's amazing.  on sirius nfl this morning, they were singing the praises of this staff, and how they're making the bills a regular playoff face.   people who work in football are impressed with the improvement, but if you read on here, this team is a disaster. 

it's honestly the same 10 posters or so that make the most noise.  we can all list them easily.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I think they are a very good team.  That is what I saw from the offense weeks 1-4.  I expected improvement on the D.

This is exactly why I (and others) post what I do, because I think this is the Bills year to go 11-5 (or 12-4).

But maybe I'm not right & this is an average team playing above their heads and the coaching staff doing a great job and maximizing their potential.  

Seems anytime people post expecting more, they are drowned out by 6-2 and that they've met or exceeded expectations.

BTW I'd much rather be right about them being a very good teram, then coaching being responsible for taking an again average to below average team to a better record then their personal befits. 

I think the 2020 Bills are the 2019 Bills. 

They are regressing towards 20 ppg and having to win tight games. 

WGR just keeps talking about "the first four games", but I don't see that happening to the tune of 300-400 yards passing as it was. I can see getting to 250 yards again, and 2 TDs. 

They look like a Playoff team, who goes out Wildcard weekend.  

17 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

There are 16 NFL Coaches I would trade for McDermott.  Doesn’t include college coaches I would take over him.

He is very average, and very boring in every way.

I got it. Needs to be overly flashy is a qualification for a good HC. 

I can agree with a majority of those guys are ahead of McDermott . Harbaugh, Reid, Tomlin, Payton, Carroll, Belichick, Pederson, Shannahan, Vrabel. 

McVay is interesting to me. After taking the NFL by storm things have been up and down. I guess once you get the reputation of an early riser you can sleep until noon. Or is it because his wife is hot and he has cool hair that’s he’s a good coach? 

I’m not sure what Kingsbury, Rhule, Reich, LaFluer or Flores have really shown that would make me jump at them over McDermott. 

I mean Rhule, Reich and Flores are basically a similar quantity. Faith based, culture based, etc. I like them a lot. Although if you don’t like McDermott’s style then you can’t like Rhule’s his a cross between McDermott and a preacher. 

Ultimately I’ve got Sean in the 10-13 range... with all of those guys in the second paragraph and McVay ahead of him. If you think you can upgrade on that, let me know where you’d find them... 

We’re not getting any of those guys... any NFL OC/DC you think would be better than Sean? College coaches? 

1 minute ago, teef said:

it's amazing.  on sirius nfl this morning, they were singing the praises of this staff, and how they're making the bills a regular playoff face.   people who work in football are impressed with the improvement, but if you read on here, this team is a disaster. 

it's honestly the same 10 posters or so that make the most noise.  we can all list them easily.

The Bills look like a Playoff team. 

But you look at the halfway point, and are they much better than the 2019 Bills? 

They look about the same. The offense is better with Moss over Gore, Allen and Diggs. But the defense has slipped. 

So do I see breaking the Playoff Win drought? That looks iffy right now. 

Trade deadline tomorrow...

18 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I think the 2020 Bills are the 2019 Bills. 

They are regressing towards 20 ppg and having to win tight games. 

WGR just keeps talking about "the first four games", but I don't see that happening to the tune of 300-400 yards passing as it was. I can see getting to 250 yards again, and 2 TDs. 

They look like a Playoff team, who goes out Wildcard weekend.  

I disagree.  Vs. Seattle & Arizona, they should throw for 350.  They have the QB & the talent.

However I may be the one wearing rose coloured glasses.

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The Bills look like a Playoff team. 

But you look at the halfway point, and are they much better than the 2019 Bills? 

They look about the same. The offense is better with Moss over Gore, Allen and Diggs. But the defense has slipped. 

So do I see breaking the Playoff Win drought? That looks iffy right now. 

Trade deadline tomorrow...

it's very iffy.  a minimum we've seen what the offense can do.  i have a feeling this defense will be our issue all year, but this offense, especially if the run game can it going, could return to form...could.  there's a ton of season left.  doesn't it feel like opening day was forever ago?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

Yup.  I was going to call each of them out but decided to not get banned.  

its as if COVID brought these virus-like posters with it.  Maybe they were created in China.  It feels like when BBMB was shut down and we were infested with the worst of the worst from bbmb.  Luckily, most didn’t last long and the ones that stuck around turned out to be valuable members.  Hopefully something is done soon or I’ll be getting banned for life.  They don’t bring anything positive to the community. Literally, nothing

• Like (+1) 1