How you felt about the win

I am ecstatic about the win. The goat coach forced us into a run based offense where we have not run it all year.  And we ran great. Moss looked like a different player. The goat coach went with a 7DB defense in a 30 mph wind and rain game. That speaks volumes about what kind of qb we finally have. 

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, DallasBillsFan1 said:

I'll take the win ... but

It's seems whenever the Bills do beat the Pats (rare) it's because the Pats beat themselves.  The last time they won was the Fitzy game, right?  Brady threw 4 INT's.  When was the last time we beat Pats outright through superior play?  1990's?

There were a lot of games over the past 20 years where the Bills beat themselves in a close game with the Pats. I dont think the Pats or any of their fans thought it didnt count as much after.

I would feel a lot better about this win if Gabe Davis holds on to the ball and we are up 28 - 21 with the Pats driving to end the game.  But sitting at 6-2 at the halfway mark, 4-0 in division, 5-2 in the AFC I feel good today.  We ended the Patriots' season yesterday.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

There were a lot of games over the past 20 years where the Bills beat themselves in a close game with the Pats. I dont think the Pats or any of their fans thought it didnt count as much after.

seriously.  who can forget when mckelvin decided to run it out of the endzone with a lead on monday night, only to fumble it, allowing the pats to score.  the bills have given so many games to opponents over the last 20 years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

Tom Brady would have 100% beaten us yesterday

Maybe, but the Cheatriots would have had to rely on a poor group of receivers.  When they ran the ball on third and long on multiple occasions, that said a lot about what their coaching staff thought about the passing game,  In addition, their RPO plays made their run game effective.  With Brady in the game, RPO's are nonexistent.  Newton was under a fair amount of pressure and had to escape the pocket several times.  Brady would have been taking hits or be throwing the ball away.  I doubt that the Bills would have run such a conservative offense knowing that they had to compete with Brady.  It would have been a different game.  Frankly, it would have been a much better game to watch.

I'm happy they won. A win is a win is a win. That said, their defense is truly mediocre. Gashed in the run game over and over again. Very little pass rush. Given the investment they've made in the line, it is pathetic the return they are getting. There never seems to be any Bills around the ball when the opponent takes a hand off and heads up field. You can just tell it is going to be a significant gain immediately. They aren't winning at the line much at all. Anyone else have concerns that the new line coach might be an issue? They've had some issues in the past but this year it is weekly (except Jets games).

Since they get no pressure with 4 guys they've needed to blitz more. This keeps exposing the secondary.  Taron Johnson vs slot receivers has become a mismatch every week. Any kind of slant route seems open at will to opponents. Time to try someone else there (I know Cam Lewis was headed there till he got hurt but might be time to see if Dane Jackson is a possibility or trade for one by the deadline).

I do not see good things ahead with this schedule. Watch out for the Dolphins. They have an easier schedule and a better defense

I was happy and a little frustrated. I knew it wasn't going to be easy so it was an odd feeling for me coming away from a win this way. Like we got lucky even though turnovers / forced fumbles are a big part of the game. Yes, I feel like Buffalo was out coached. The Patriots O just failed to execute on the final drive.

So happy for the win,  but my expectations were a little higher.

Culture shift...

You cant let bad teams hang around.

This team has no identity on offense.

The team is bad on defense.

Not a good recipe, hope they get it figured out next few weeks, or it could spell trouble.

But they are 6-2 and on pace for a division title, so all is good, for now.

Edited by CountDorkula

Thrilled with that Monkey off our back.
   I do understand that most of us got our hopes up early in the season and now the reality of who this team is has made itself known. We aren’t as explosive on O and the D is not even good.

However, a couple points to consider, Winning is a habit that forms from winning. As a bunch on here have said, we won a game we ALWAYS used to lose. That is a positive. 
     Also, this team’s play may be the same team at the end of the season But it may not. It is a marathon and things change and teams grow sometimes. 
     The biggest concern I have is the Offense. Josh seems to be hesitant again. The anticipation in his throws seems to have waned. All his throws are straight line throws again. No back shoulders, few if any slants, has he thrown a single seam route this year???

However, Feleciano And the running game seem to be a possible bright spot. 
     This team is only going to go as far as the Offense can take them. If we get the running game going fairly well and the play action starts to work with a healthy group we could be surprisingly good. This would help a D that needs help. This is possible not pie in the sky.

We just DO NOT KNOW. 
    What I can’t stand is the miserable wretches on here who would complain about the taxes if they hit the multimillion jackpot.

Some seem to actively want the Bills to fail. Sad and pathetic!!!!

Edited by Buffalo Boy

that last 3:35 I have to admit was agonizing. I kept having flashbacks and was beginning to have my doubts they stop them before either kicking it to tie or the go ahead touchdown almost seemed inevitable. after all, even if it was a limping pats team, it was still the pats.

then this:

Fumble

(:37) (Shotgun) C.Newton left tackle to BUF 14 for 5 yards (J.Zimmer). FUMBLES (J.Zimmer), RECOVERED by BUF-D.Marlowe at BUF 13.

it was like the rush I get from a hit of my favorite strain, almost a religious experience and I'm not religious. the sense of relief was a great feeling, especially knowing that they not only won the game, they knocked those mother _________'s out of the post season.

on to seattle.

Edited by A Firm Tree Does Not Fear

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

I am ecstatic about the win. The goat coach forced us into a run based offense where we have not run it all year.  And we ran great. Moss looked like a different player. The goat coach went with a 7DB defense in a 30 mph wind and rain game. That speaks volumes about what kind of qb we finally have. 

This honestly didn't even cross my mind.  While my original feelings are still valid, this is something to feel good about.  Bellicheat forced the Bills to play a certain way in order to beat them, and they did.  Love it.

• Like (+1) 1

September 7, 1980

The Bills play a stinker of a game, turning the ball over 7 times (5 ints, and 2 fumbles). They go into the 4th qtr trailing 7-3.

Then score twice and win, and beat the Dolphins for the first time in a decade. Signaling the end of their reign of terror.

Did fans gripe about the mistakes? Did they complain about some bad play calls? Did they wring their hands over likely being 1-and-done in the playoffs?

NO! They stormed that field and tore down the goal posts!!

Be the fans of 1980! Tear down the goal posts!! (Metaphorically speaking in 2020, of course)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

September 7, 1980

The Bills play a stinker of a game, turning the ball over 7 times (5 ints, and 2 fumbles). They go into the 4th qtr trailing 7-3.

Then score twice and win, and beat the Dolphins for the first time in a decade. Signaling the end of their reign of terror.

Did fans gripe about the mistakes? Did they complain about some bad play calls? Did they wring their hands over likely being 1-and-done in the playoffs?

NO! They stormed that field and tore down the goal posts!!

Be the fans of 1980! Tear down the goal posts!! (Metaphorically speaking in 2020, of course)

The negative segment today:

I'm disappointed I expected to win by 40 in a game we were favored by 3 because of course=Super Bowl then.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

"Luck prefers the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur

Besides, one Bill forcing a fumble and another Bill recovering is not luck.  Skill.

i've always liked the line:   luck is when preparedness meets opportunity.

• Like (+1) 3