How you felt about the win

31 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

2.  Was I alone thinking that even though their roster appeared deplete of any real talent, any other decent quarterback, or, I dunno....say,  a Tom Brady would have beaten the Bills yesterday?

I wonder if Seattle and their fans are asking the same question about the Seahawks'  'lucky' win at home over the Brady-less Pats*...

Nobody seems to be discounting Seattle's win.

2 minutes ago, 2003Contenders said:

For all the screaming I did yesterday about the defense, I have the "glass-is-half-full" approach today:

1. Yes, the Patriots were supremely under-manned yesterday. However, they were VERY desperate and came out highly motivated. We really did get the best they had to offer. Last year we lost a couple of games like that in similar scenarios (Eagles and Browns games come to mind).

2. If the ball is completed rather than intercepted on that last offensive drive of the first half on what was a miscommunication between Josh and Diggs (which Diggs admitted was his fault) , the Bills likely get at least 3 (if not 7) and the Patriots get 0 at the end of the half, making the score 10-3 or 14-3 at the half. If Davis catches that ball that hit him in the hands on the last offensive possession, that puts us up another 4 points. The score could have very easily been 35-18 or 31-18 heading into the Pats' ill-fated final drive. I wonder if the sickening feeling that many felt after the win yesterday would have been lessened (or even evaporated) if just these 2 plays had been better executed?

3. Call me crazy, but given the opponent and the conditions, I thought Josh had one of his best games as a QB. I am talking about from a mental perspective. He did not seem at all dazed or confused by the various looks that BB was throwing at him. He was patient, did not force the ball and only took off running when it made sense. He also called a number of smart audibles at the line. There were times where had time in the pocket, went through his progressions and decided to either get rid of the ball or scamper for a few yards. It will be interesting to view the All-22 to see whether he was being overly cautious in these situations -- or if his receivers were not getting any separation (John Brown, where were you?). His stats were not very good, but he played a smart game against a difficult opponent in poor weather conditions.

4. Defensively, I don't know what to say. I honestly do not want to Klein in a Buffalo Bills uniform EVER again.

5. Bottom line: Bills are 6-2, 4-0 in the division and just more or less ended the season of the team that has been dominant over them for 20 years.

Thought the same.  However if Cam doesn't fumble & they score a TD, can only imagine what today would be like here.  

Just once I'd have liked to have seen a cakewalk, but that is not in McD's DNA.  He coached again not to lose.  

14 minutes ago, McBean said:

Kudos to you for being stoked about this team. I’m jealous. Wished I could say the same.

My eyes tell me this team is a joke and isn’t going anywhere.

Everyone sees this team has issues but to quote Bill Parcells..."You are what your record says you are." Last time I checked 6-2 overall 4-0 in the division. I will enjoy this. I lived thru the 1984 and 1985 seasons....THOSE TEAMS WERE A JOKE. This is a good but flawed football team. I expect they will win the division and get a home playoff game. I realize they need to improve the roster to compete for a Super Bowl.

easy.  i'm very happy the bills won and took the lead in the division, but i'm well aware that there's work to do.  onto the next game.

21 minutes ago, McBean said:

Kudos to you for being stoked about this team. I’m jealous. Wished I could say the same.

i get that this team needs work, but what a B word attitude.

• Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, McBean said:

We got lucky and barely beat New England’s practice squad.

This Bills team isn’t very good.

I think the offense is fine. This defense is terrible and if we don't find some run stuffing space heaters who will hold up at the POA this team will be one and done in the first round.....again.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

blah blah blah, all that and... WE WON!

Yeah, we'll lose some games in the 2nd half of the season. Probably go 4-4, end 10-6, and win the AFC East.

And Bills fans will still find a way to complain and feel bad about it. The drought really ruined a lot a of fans.

Most of the time I fit into the category of finding a cloud in a sunny sky with this team, but I don't think so this time with this post.  I think it's more a testament to having higher expectations, rather than woe.  I expected more, and I can't say that for any of the previous 20 teams that played in year's past.  I expected them to lose in gut wrenching fashion years ago, this year, I didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel happy my team won!! 

I am surprised at the huge number of pats sycophants on this sight who pretend they are Bills fans. Saying an opposing team is good is one thing but this none stop adoration of the most frequently caught cheating team / organization in modern pro football history is something else. Birds of a feather as they say...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I see 6-2 and I'm happy. I saw the Patriots lose a must win game and I'm even happier.

Take it one game at a time and enjoy the ride. Yesterday the team found a way to win. I clearly remember when we found ways to lose. Good teams find a way to win.

Again we are 6-2. Try and enjoy it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, McBean said:

Seriously?

This defense can’t stop a high school team.

Offense has regressed and our coach is awful.

Elite teams have off weeks like New England did when McKelvin fumbled. 

The difference? They had the coach and QB and went on to dominate the rest of the season.

The realistic Bills fans saw who this team was when we faced Tennessee and KC.

You’re also going to see who we really are the next 2 weeks when this team gets blown out.

McD's teams will likely have achieved 3 playoff appearances in 4 years.  Before that we had a nearly 2-decade playoff drought.  

I know we're not an elite team just yet, but we are definitely one of the better teams in the league.  

• Like (+1) 2

Morse's concussion put a pall on the entire day for me.

I was amped before the game and fired up early on, really geeked to see the Pats* finally put down.

Then when he went out, I was just done instantly; virtually no interest in what happened the rest of the day.

I’m honestly baffled at all the doom and gloom, hollow victory, ugly win type takes. Yes the defense needs improvement and yes it was too close for comfort, but we never trailed the whole game and I never really felt like the Pats* had a real chance until the final drive. Even when they tied it up both times I was confident we would answer, and we did. 

6 minutes ago, ProcessAccepted said:

I see 6-2 and I'm happy. I saw the Patriots lose a must win game and I'm even happier.

Take it one game at a time and enjoy the ride. Yesterday the team found a way to win. I clearly remember when we found ways to lose. Good teams find a way to win.

Again we are 6-2. Try and enjoy it.

THIS ^^^

33 minutes ago, McBean said:

We are likely not in the elite team category but we belong in the category right below that. Calling this team a joke is a ridiculous statement

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, McBean said:

On question.......  Do you ever think ....  I know Josh can do it?   (Then don't fear)

8 Fourth Quarter Comebacks, 11 Game-Winning Drives

Even though they won I felt very angry at how that game went right after it was over. Once the usual sickening stress of what looked like a sure defeat to the Pats in the 4th quarter had abated, I felt differently. A win is a win no matter how ugly. A win for this franchise over the Pats is priceless at ANY TIME.  TBH I thought the Bills game wasnt that bad now I have some perspective. The problem was the INT and the dropped TD in the endzone. Overall,I think Daboll did a good job to put us in a position to win and with some better execution from some of the people on offense, it would have been much more comfortable. The Pats are injury riddled, disheartened and just dont have the talent anymore. Cam Newton looks bad and really isn't the type of veteran QB to mentor anyone (so no plan B) . Their plan to bring him in and not miss a beat exposes Bellichick for the mediocre bum (without Brady) that he looked like in Cleveland. 

All that being said, it infuriates me that Beane has not brought in more people to help this defense. There are solutions out there. There are lots of out of work players or practice squad guys around the league who would do a better job than some of these guys are doing now. Get some people in and cut some of the deadwood. 

I think this team could win it all if they got on a roll at the right time, the offense has shown it can battle with anyone. But our defense just doesn't have the playmakers who can change a game vs the big boys which dooms us in any playoff scenario.

57 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Tom Brady would have 100% beaten us yesterday

Are we talking about in the showers after the game ? ;) 

The Bills had them on the ropes last year and a calamity of errors by the Bills offence got them out of New Era with a W.

Hughes said after the game he would have preferred Brady over Cam at least you know where he will be and it doesn't take 3 guys to pull him down.