How you felt about the win

defense played well in the 1st half. 

2nd half, NE adjusted and McD and his staff had no idea what to do (once again). Cams fumble was a bail out, Pats were a few yards away from winning that game. 

important win? Yes. but this coaching staff continues to show they have no idea how to make adjustments in the 2nd half of games. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, McBean said:

Seriously?

This defense can’t stop a high school team.

Offense has regressed and our coach is awful.

Elite teams have off weeks like New England did when McKelvin fumbled. 

The difference? They had the coach and QB and went on to dominate the rest of the season.

The realistic Bills fans saw who this team was when we faced Tennessee and KC.

You’re also going to see who we really are the next 2 weeks when this team gets blown out.

blah blah blah, all that and... WE WON!

Yeah, we'll lose some games in the 2nd half of the season. Probably go 4-4, end 10-6, and win the AFC East.

And Bills fans will still find a way to complain and feel bad about it. The drought really ruined a lot a of fans.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Penfield45 said:

defense played well in the 1st half. 

2nd half, NE adjusted and McD and his staff had no idea what to do (once again). Cams fumble was a bail out, Pats were a few yards away from winning that game. 

important win? Yes. but this coaching staff continues to show they have no idea how to make adjustments in the 2nd half of games. 

They went away from trying misdirection and instead focused on getting to the perimeter.  Buffalos defense was in relatively tight alignments all game so it made sense to do it.  You need the end to get to that gap and disrupt the play behind the LOS.  Their tackles and guards did a good job in the 2nd half not letting that happen.  Or when it happened it was klein and he just whiffed.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

blah blah blah, all that and... WE WON!

Yeah, we'll lose some games in the 2nd half of the season. Probably go 4-4, end 10-6, and win the AFC East.

And Bills fans will still find a way to complain and feel bad about it. The drought really ruined a lot a of fans.

Kudos to you for being stoked about this team. I’m jealous. Wished I could say the same.

My eyes tell me this team is a joke and isn’t going anywhere.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, McBean said:

Kudos to you for being stoked about this team. I’m jealous. Wished I could say the same.

If you cant be happy in a year we're leading the Division (finally!), why bother?

You dont get any extra points in Life for being correctly critical of a football team.

I dont think we're winning the Super Bowl by any means and we have a TON to work on, but with everything else 2020 is dealing us, do yourself a favor and allow yourself 5 minutes to enjoy a win over the Pats and being securely in 1st place in the East.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, McBean said:

There's a lot of season left.  The team out there today isnt the same one out there in january.  Titans were 4-4 last year at the mid-point and made it to the AFC championship.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, McBean said:

Seriously?

This defense can’t stop a high school team.

Offense has regressed and our coach is awful.

Elite teams have off weeks like New England did when McKelvin fumbled. 

The difference? They had the coach and QB and went on to dominate the rest of the season.

The realistic Bills fans saw who this team was when we faced Tennessee and KC.

You’re also going to see who we really are the next 2 weeks when this team gets blown out.

The bills are 6-2 and in first place in the division.    4-0 in the division for the first time since 1991. If you are still this negative and miserable why are you even a bills fan 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Absolutely. And JP Losman would have lost

Luckily, neither played yesterday

OMG! I love this so much. Who cares, we won a game we haven't been able to win in the past. We got the "Lucky bounce" or whatever you want to call it. 

I really don't understand why we have to always put some kind of * on winning...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1) I'm glad the Bills won.

2) I worry that the Bills' defense is just not up to the task of beating a top team. If they don't make some serious improvements they are going to lose games for us. I don't know that they have the players to make such improvements.

3) I am tired of those Bills fans who distort what happened in the game in order to justify their negative takes. e.g.: They say Allen played badly or that Daboll's play calling was responsible for the game being close. 

Every season is different-- teams are different, injuries, limeups, match-ups.
Each game has a different set of factors.  Even changes in routines can affect professional

behaviors.

That said, I hoped there would be a stronger start of all three team facets.  I honestly thought

it would be close at the end, if turnovers were not a factor.  What happens in these situations

is in the control of playmakers.  You have to have playmakers on the field.  that is what differentiates
the better coaches.  

Note Belicheck's on side kick, managed by McD's having experienced special team front liners

who covered up.  He saw how the ball was placed on the tee and anticipated what to do.

Note when Zimmer and Feliciano are inserted into the lineup..

It is not an accident; it is strategic.

For all the screaming I did yesterday about the defense, I have the "glass-is-half-full" approach today:

1. Yes, the Patriots were supremely under-manned yesterday. However, they were VERY desperate and came out highly motivated. We really did get the best they had to offer. Last year we lost a couple of games like that in similar scenarios (Eagles and Browns games come to mind).

2. If the ball is completed rather than intercepted on that last offensive drive of the first half on what was a miscommunication between Josh and Diggs (which Diggs admitted was his fault) , the Bills likely get at least 3 (if not 7) and the Patriots get 0 at the end of the half, making the score 10-3 or 14-3 at the half. If Davis catches that ball that hit him in the hands on the last offensive possession, that puts us up another 4 points. The score could have very easily been 35-18 or 31-18 heading into the Pats' ill-fated final drive. I wonder if the sickening feeling that many felt after the win yesterday would have been lessened (or even evaporated) if just these 2 plays had been better executed?

3. Call me crazy, but given the opponent and the conditions, I thought Josh had one of his best games as a QB. I am talking about from a mental perspective. He did not seem at all dazed or confused by the various looks that BB was throwing at him. He was patient, did not force the ball and only took off running when it made sense. He also called a number of smart audibles at the line. There were times where had time in the pocket, went through his progressions and decided to either get rid of the ball or scamper for a few yards. It will be interesting to view the All-22 to see whether he was being overly cautious in these situations -- or if his receivers were not getting any separation (John Brown, where were you?). His stats were not very good, but he played a smart game against a difficult opponent in poor weather conditions.

4. Defensively, I don't know what to say. I honestly do not want to Klein in a Buffalo Bills uniform EVER again.

5. Bottom line: Bills are 6-2, 4-0 in the division and just more or less ended the season of the team that has been dominant over them for 20 years.

• Like (+1) 3