Tua every pass attempt in case your interested

JetsFan20

44 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I guess their #1 offseason priority will be to replace Williams at WR.  He makes Zay Jones look like Larry Fitzgerald in his prime.  Also Miami had 145 yards of total offense.  They won’t get many more wins with that kind of production. 

Anyone that says Tue looked impressive yesterday is delusional but I will say, his receivers did him NO favors.  That Williams looked worse than Zay Jones.

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Same here.  I was excited when they drafted him.  I think he can be a quality NfL QB.  I just don’t see a guy that I’m going to be scared to play.  I’ll take JA over him any day

Yeah well watch the Dolphins, after testing Tua this year, dont end up with either Josh Field or Lawrence with the Houston picks.  Going to be like Rosen in Arizona,  I dont think Tua is the answer.  Tua yes a rookie in his first start and his receivers were trash but he was not impressive at all,.  He is very fortunate there were at least two balls that easily could have been ints.

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

A lot of underneath stuff for the most part. His best throw was  an incompletion to Geisiki on deep shot. 

His deep ball accuracy is what got him drafted as high as he did. 

Had the game on the second TV.  His 3.2 YPA is not scary at all.  Fitz is better.

After sitting, healing and learning.  He comes out and has a sub 100 yard game.  Now Borrow and Herbert lighting it up from their first start.  

Edited by MAJBobby

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

This is lazy.  Trevor Lawrence is a better NFL prospect than Tua, no doubt.  But they way you just described Tua is exactly how a lot of people described Drew Brees... and Tua's college film is far more impressive.  His accuracy/touch is elite.  Not saying he's guaranteed to be an NFL star but to be that dismissive this early is short sighted. 

it’s his opinion on a QB.  An Alabama QB that was surrounded by the best talent in college football.  The best OL in college football. The best RBs and WRs in college football. Lots of people felt the same way about him.  He went #5, not 1-4.  No one was clamoring you trade up for him.  It’s not really that short sighted.  It’s the reality of the situation. 

maybe Tua will be Drew Brees.  I think there’s a better chance of him busting completely than becoming 3/4 of what Drew Brees became.  

I do believe that Miami decided to start him now so they can see what they have in him.....mainly because of Lawrence,  Fields and Lance.  All 3 guys are much better Qb prospects than Tua imo, which means next to nothing.  

if I’m miami and I had all those picks from Houston and the other trades they made, I’d absolutely try and showcase Tua for a trade and do what it takes to secure one of the QBs in this years draft.  

I don’t think it’s being short sighted, more along the lines of just not being very impressed with Tua.

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Heard something interesting on Buffalo Beat podcast, they said they heard the reason that Tua is starting so early in the year 1 is that because they have the Texans 1st pick they want to try to make a quick evaluation on him if they need to be in the qb market in the 2021 draft. 

Interesting if true.

I think when you draft a QB in the 1st round its because you need a franchise QB to lift the organization to a higher level. Not 3 years from now, now.

Even a developing franchise QB is a shot in the arm for the the whole organization in my humble opinion.

I expect Tua to have growing pains this season.  McD's D will be one of them.

Longer term , Tua is up for the challenge IMO.

(Bama biased)

This fairy-armed midget looks like an interception factory waiting to happen. I counted at least 3 balls that should have been picked off, if the rams DB had any instinct to want to win. Where's all this magical "accuracy" everyone ball laps this guy for? I didnt see it.

Maybe were ruined by watching Allen rip balls in there... this Tua guy throws like my 8 year old nephew. 

What a terrible pick. 

Edited by DeltaDigital
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Heard something interesting on Buffalo Beat podcast, they said they heard the reason that Tua is starting so early in the year 1 is that because they have the Texans 1st pick they want to try to make a quick evaluation on him if they need to be in the qb market in the 2021 draft. 

Interesting if true.

Sounds credible to me since Houston's pick is going to be very high.

Also I think Tua will end up sucking so I think Miami will lose more than they would have by benching Fitz so all in all I think its good for buffalo.

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I can’t get over his delivery. 

idk anything about the guy and offer no projection, but his delivery bugs me 

Supposedly Tua has the quickest release of any NFL QB but the lowest velocity. Need a bigger sample size but not impressed with his 1st game.  No way he can run like Josh and his ability to take a hit is TBD. Makes you wonder why Miami took him over Herbert other than his college record.

Edited by Looper

8 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I can’t get over his delivery. 

idk anything about the guy and offer no projection, but his delivery bugs me 

I can’t get past it either. Just the look of him throwing the ball makes me assume he’ll never be an elite QB. I realize that’s a very basic assessment, but I just don’t get franchise QB vibes from anything he does. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll say it, thanks for sharing OP.  I’m amused by the ‘division perspective’, and find it an addition to the board.

That said, and having never watched the young man play before, the best I can say after one viewing is that, in spite of the win,  his debut was only marginally better than Peterman’s, considering the difference in pedigree and draft position.   The future is up to him.

Edited by Rhode Island Red

21 hours ago, DeltaDigital said:

This fairy-armed midget looks like an interception factory waiting to happen. I counted at least 3 balls that should have been picked off, if the rams DB had any instinct to want to win. Where's all this magical "accuracy" everyone ball laps this guy for? I didnt see it.

Maybe were ruined by watching Allen rip balls in there... this Tua guy throws like my 8 year old nephew. 

What a terrible pick. 

So Tua is kinda like the tooth fairy over the fish factory,

Tasty Tua fish sandwiches in Buffalo's lunch bucket,

is what your saying...

Edited by Figster

11 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

Burrow and Herbert scare me a lot more than Tua ever will.  Tua was a reach, and I really don't think he'll ever pan out, which is unfortunate if that's actually the case.  He's such a humble kid.

He was a very risky and unwise pick.  I’d much rather have him in the division than Herbert or Burrow.

11 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

Burrow and Herbert scare me a lot more than Tua ever will.  Tua was a reach, and I really don't think he'll ever pan out, which is unfortunate if that's actually the case.  He's such a humble kid.

I agree - look out for Burrow!