Can this team please start throwing more screens?

Steptide

8 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

see I would think screens against 6-7 DBs might be a way to go. WRs and TEs and pulling guards can block little  DBs pretty nicely.

So wasnt Running.  This was a great game plan with the Run and one that might finally spark their ability to run the ball and get teams out of the tampa 2 shell.  

In BB Fashion.  Take out the No 1 option force a team to win in a manner they have struggled.  For the Bills that is Running the football.  

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

We were effective at screens during the first and maybe second game this year. Then we reverted to the normal Bills inept screen game that has plagued this team for 20 straight years. 

Were you asleep for the entire Chan Gailey era? 

We were one of the best screen teams in the league with Jackson and Spiller. One of the very few strengths of that era 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Steptide said:

Something that drives me nuts. We always here Allen/daboll/McDermott talk about how each week is different, and I get that. However, they rarely run screens which can destroy a defense. I believe this would open up both the pass and run game if they did this more. Singletery and moss, even beasley would be perfect to run screens. Just don't understand why they don't do it more 

Agreed on all accounts

4 hours ago, Steptide said:

Something that drives me nuts. We always here Allen/daboll/McDermott talk about how each week is different, and I get that. However, they rarely run screens which can destroy a defense. I believe this would open up both the pass and run game if they did this more. Singletery and moss, even beasley would be perfect to run screens. Just don't understand why they don't do it more 

I understand exactly how you feel.  They have faced a lot of zone pass coverage and that makes screen passes harder to pull off.  They did have a nice wide receiver screen to John Brown that went for 21 yards but they never tried another one after that.  I guess since NE played seven DB's for most of the game, Dabol wanted to push the running game.

2 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Were you asleep for the entire Chan Gailey era? 

We were one of the best screen teams in the league with Jackson and Spiller. One of the very few strengths of that era 

we were better then, for sure. But we still struggled. It was timing issues, most of the time.