All wins are ugly in this league

Mikie2times

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

The confident "one and done" playoff team touts are lazy. This team has already beat the Raiders and Dolphins this year. Two teams currently looking like playoff bubble teams. The type that would have a good shot to play a division winning #3 seed.

Also, despite an all-world defensive roster, the Ravens have been looking pretty beatable lately. Signed, frustrated Lamar Jackson fantasy owner.

Agreed.  If the playoffs were tomorrow, I would not be feeling too terribly confident, although I imagine we would be favored against the Colts, Raiders, or Browns.  But that doesn't matter because the playoffs aren't tomorrow.  Every year we see a team or that gets hot at the right time and overperforms in the post-season.  If we get some guys healthy and find a way to boost the defense to least average, there's no reason why that can't be us.  We're well-positioned for it.

Yes they have their flaws. The defense really needs help but unfortunately they wont get fixed until the offseason with the draft and FA. I am going to enjoy a 6-2 first place record with 4-0 division record. Let Beane and McDermott worry about the roster. That is their job not mine.

More than ever it seems like no lead is safe in the NFL. Week after week you see teams up by 2 or 3 scores losing or having to hold on for dear life at the end of the games. 

It is kind of crazy actually...great for the NFL because it builds excitement but fans are riding rollercoasters all game long.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

The game showed even if the Bills make the playoffs they are a one and done team when they get there.

If the playoffs began today we'd play the Colts at home. If you don't think there's at least an even chance that we could beat the Colts -- who lost to the Browns and Jaguars and nearly to the Bengals, I don't know what to tell you. This is the most talented and promising team that we've seen in decades.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

If the playoffs began today we'd play the Colts at home. If you don't think there's at least an even chance that we could beat the Colts -- who lost to the Browns and Jaguars and nearly to the Bengals, I don't know what to tell you. This is the most talented and promising team that we've seen in decades.

I agree with you on the offense but the defense has declined. Still this is looking like a good year. Hopefully they can win the division and get a home playoff game. I also think they are capable of winning a playoff game but this roster needs improvements especially on defense to hang with the AFC's elite.

• Like (+1) 1

No, most of the time when a good team plays a bad team the results are like yesterdays KC Jets game..THAT is what the Bills SHOULD have done to the Jets. Or the Indy Detroit game...thats just what happens or normally happens good Vs bad..now you can have 2 bad teams play each other or 2 good teams play each other and you can have a decently close game or a blowout..but when you can only beat BAD teams by a couple points ...im not that sold on you being "good"  how about play a good team tight/close(that happened LA Rams game) but gotta quit with the close games Vs garbage teams and getting blown out by other good teams..they play like they did this week next week they will get crushed by 21+

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

I agree with you on the offense but the defense has declined. Still this is looking like a good year. Hopefully they can win the division and get a home playoff game. I also think they are capable of winning a playoff game but this roster needs improvements especially on defense to hang with the AFC's elite.

We can hang with anyone -- look at the games the Titans, Chiefs and Ravens have dropped this season. Any given Sunday...

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

We can hang with anyone -- look at the games the Titans, Chiefs and Ravens have dropped this season. Any given Sunday...

Pitt will be the real test. That is "the game" for the Bills to prove they belong. I actually think Pitt is better than KC. They are strong on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

They still have to prove that to me this year....they have "hung with" 1 decent team and they won that LA Rams..they got blown out by every other good team they played. If anything we can say the Bills let ANYONE hang with them..they cant put away/blow out ANYONE...and their offense and Dfense are trending Down rather than up..forst 4 games they were light out good on O..last 4 games they were lights out BAD. and worse than bad on D. am I happy they are 6-2 YES...but I think its more a product of the schedule than being a really good team.  The first 4 games because they were SCORING yes I agree 100% they could hang with anyone with that O..... The last 4 games they have been HORRIBLE on O and on D..the difference in the last 4 games is that they more or less played the same in all of them BADLY..BUT they faced 2 good teams 2 BAD losses and 2 horrible teams 2 barely wins...had they faced 4 good teams in this last 4 games they would have 4 L's instead of being 2-2.

My guess is with the remaining schedule they will PLAYING AS THEY HAVE BEEN on O and D

Seattle L

Arizona L

Chargers W

San Fran L

SteelersL

DenverW

NE tossup

Miami Tossup

So that = this year they should end up anywhere from 10-6 to 8-8

5 minutes ago, CBennett said:

They still have to prove that to me this year....they have "hung with" 1 decent team and they won that LA Rams..they got blown out by every other good team they played. If anything we can say the Bills let ANYONE hang with them..they cant put away/blow out ANYONE...and their offense and Dfense are trending Down rather than up..forst 4 games they were light out good on O..last 4 games they were lights out BAD. and worse than bad on D. am I happy they are 6-2 YES...but I think its more a product of the schedule than being a really good team.  The first 4 games because they were SCORING yes I agree 100% they could hang with anyone with that O..... The last 4 games they have been HORRIBLE on O and on D..the difference in the last 4 games is that they more or less played the same in all of them BADLY..BUT they faced 2 good teams 2 BAD losses and 2 horrible teams 2 barely wins...had they faced 4 good teams in this last 4 games they would have 4 L's instead of being 2-2.

My guess is with the remaining schedule they will PLAYING AS THEY HAVE BEEN on O and D

Seattle L

Arizona L

Chargers W

San Fran L

SteelersL

DenverW

NE tossup

Miami Tossup

So that = this year they should end up anywhere from 10-6 to 8-8

The Raiders have wins against the Saints, Chiefs and Browns -- they're a quality team. The Dolphins and Patriots also aren't pushovers which is why you've got them as tossups in your schedule for the rest of the year, so let's give the team some credit for beating them once already, especially because the Dolphins offense looked night and day better with Fitzpatrick (who we beat) and the Patriots were literally playing for their season.

As for your sure losses, Cardinals have lost to the Lions and Panthers. Those are both teams that we are objectively better than. San Francisco is dealing with some of the worst injuries that I have ever seen and who knows what they will look like when we play them. Seattle has played almost every game tight with one score games against the Dolphins, Vikings (one point), and Cowboys.

Any given Sunday in the NFL and I wouldn't count them out in any of the remaining games. IMHO the toughest three games of our schedule are Chiefs, Titans, and Steelers and we've got two of three out of the way already and are at 6-2.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

We're going nowhere? We're 6-2, in first place in the division (having gone 4-0 in the division so far), and are on our way to a home playoff game.

I want to be much more than one and done. We've been in that position twice in 3 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, not hardly all of 'em. What part of the 35 - 9 Chiefs win over the Jets was ugly for the Chiefs?

Having said that, you're right that this was a big win and a nice win. The Bills haven't managed a lot of timely last-minute wins on forced turnovers at the last minute against the Pats.

I was smiling and screaming "Zimmer!!" for about ten minutes after.

I literally directly referenced the Chiefs. 

5 hours ago, TBBills said:

The game showed even if the Bills make the playoffs they are a one and done team when they get there.

Yes, this one game proved that. No way we could beat a meddling potential playoff team like, I don't know, like the Patriots or the Dolphins or the Rams or the......

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1