film for the LB's on blitzing

ILBillsfan

5 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

This needs to be shown to the Bills LB on how to Blitz specifically Klein 

There’s also something called talent involved here.  

I’d love to have Wagner on this defense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

agree completely but ours do not attack the RB like wagner does they almost slow down

I’ve noticed more than a few times that the blitzer engages with a finesse move and almost spies the qb instead of trying to explode the play. 

certainly a time for each approach. Would like to see more of the violent hits from our lbs though 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I’ve noticed more than a few times that the blitzer engages with a finesse move and almost spies the qb instead of trying to explode the play. 

certainly a time for each approach. Would like to see more of the violent hits from our lbs though 

Unfortunately violent, physical, imposing are not words I would use to describe our LB core. 

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

So future hall of famer.. Yeah they should watch his tape. Shouldn’t every linebacker in the league?

I don’t think anyone expects his results but at some point there’s some value to letting the other team know you intend to make it a hard day for them.

if being sent to hit the hole I’d rather they miss their assignment hitting a guy hard than getting caught in trash. Obviously best when you can just make the play but we aren’t doing that consistently to begin with. Easier to turn up the intensity than rebuild from the ground up mid season.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t think anyone expects his results but at some point there’s some value to letting the other team know you intend to make it a hard day for them.

if being sent to hit the hole I’d rather they miss their assignment hitting a guy hard than getting caught in trash. Obviously best when you can just make the play but we aren’t doing that consistently to begin with. Easier to turn up the intensity than rebuild from the ground up mid season.

I agree. Blitzing up the middle has been especially ugly for us. 

37 minutes ago, arcane said:

I, too, wish AJ Klein was instead All-Pro Bobby Wagner

If he would just watch this film for LB's on blitzing, he would be!

35 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Yeah there was certainly some tactical contain going on out there today.

Not necessarily a poor technique against a QB who is more legs than arm this week.

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Speaking of LB’s, did Darren Lee get signed. I can’t find anything.

takes longer with COVID but I would suspect it gets done

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Jamal was getting burned by Edleman badly when he was healthy.  He was a damn good blitzer though

definitely look forward to seeing what Cole does next week....

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

If he would just watch this film for LB's on blitzing, he would be!

Yeah there was certainly some tactical contain going on out there today.

Not necessarily a poor technique against a QB who is more legs than arm this week.

There is a point here, jokes aside. It's amazing how Klein gets absorbed by blocks. I swear I saw a RB hold him at the LOS, and he never got past it

1 minute ago, arcane said:

There is a point here, jokes aside. It's amazing how Klein gets absorbed by blocks. I swear I saw a RB hold him at the LOS, and he never got past it

I haven't seen a Bills LB shed a block in about a month

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Hell, I'd settle for sure tackling from the LBs, at this point.

It's comical how often the LBs miss tackles 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Ive noticed that as well