Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

That is an interesting comment from Feliciano. 

As for my “couch” comment, it was meant to be self deprecating, not serious. Meant to say I really know little. Thank you, for confirming that. 

Of course, it's in no way conclusive but there was a picture of Feliciano playing center with Winters to his R (90% sure that's Winters, from the tattoos) in this week's practice photos.  So perhaps they're planning to start the line that played most of the game last week.

Neither Winters nor Boettger has not been playing well in pass protection, but continuity is supposed to be a "thing"  on OL especially for the run game

• Like (+1) 1

Consider that the reason the Seahawks give up so many yards might be because they are ahead by 2 TD's at the half.  They are playing prevent defense the entire second half. That leads to a lot of passing yards.  When you have Wilson on your side the game goes from 21-7 to 35-28 pretty quick.  

The Hawks get some reinforcements this week.  Carlos Dunlap makes his debut at DE.  Jamal Adams is back.  And Rasheem Green makes  his first start since week 1.  Green was the teams leading sack man last year with four.  He had more sacks than Clowney who played the same position.   Dunlap has always been able to get to the QB.  Adams is dangerous on the blitz and the last few weeks with Adams out, they discovered that Bobby Wagner can get to the QB also.  The new shirt slogan in Seattle is "Let Bobby Blitz". 

11 hours ago, Putin said:

I’m sticking to my prediction , 

Pound the ball , control the clock , and keep Wilson on the sidelines , commit them to stop the run and then make them pay of play action , 

this will be a lower scoring game then people think 

I'll bite. 

I think this is a good idea in the context of this week. 

Given our sudden offensive discovery of a two-headed running attack, and our defense's startling dearth at LB, playing a similar gameplan to last week (but hopefully HITTING on a few of the called play-action shots this time) sounds smart to me. Run the ball, play-action off of it. A balanced, but aggressive, gameplan. Some spread and hurry up when you catch them in a favorable personnel package. Just attack in a variety of ways and don't be afraid to possess the ball and use both running backs. 

Most of all: limit Wilson's drives. Try to shave off an entire drive or two over the course of the game by playing productive offense. The best defense, after all, is...

Sounds old school. But that doesn't mean it sounds ineffective. 

8 hours ago, Steptide said:

As much as I want to win this one, I am expecting a loss tomorrow. My hope is that this being a home game is a big advantage to the bills, fans or not. 

Too many injuries. We just don't have the personnel to compete tomorrow.  We'll see if we hang but I'm not holding my breathe. 

17 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

One comment that really annoyed me from MCD as I heard this a few days ago... After the chiefs game his response to a question about the game was something like: “We were trying to keep it within striking distance”. 

Translation to me: “We were playing not to get blown out”, essentially.

And it was quite evident in that game as the Bills were playing “bend but don’t break” on defence the whole game.

I personally hate that mentality and I hope the bills don’t have that same philosophy this week.

I fully understand you can’t be reckless and blitz Wilson a ton as he’s going to burn you More than not.

But be more aggressive and have the mindset of “dominate “ opposed to, “hoping to keep it close late in the game and have a chance”.

Well said, very well said indeed.  I felt the same way, it almost came off like he was, dare I say, scared of the Chiefs or something.  To me when I hear "we wanted to keep it within striking distance", it screams of resignation to defeat.  Just my two cents.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Given all the injuries, who starts at OL and LB? 

OL will probably be the same thing we saw last week with Ike at LG and Mongo at C. We have options there though. 

LB I expect is Edmunds and Klein to start. 

47 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm not sold on the Dolphins.  I'd take the Raiders over them on a neutral field.

Dolphins offense is a work in progress but the defense has been pretty good. Flores is doing a good job.

I agree that the Raiders are better at this time though.

8 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Is Allen playing defense and special teams as well? 

I understand your point; I agree with the other poster, however, that I doubt any defense is up to stopping Seattle consistently, so the path to victory is to outscore them...and for that to happen we need The Big Bossman to be himself for all 4 quarters today.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, smuvtalker said:

Well said, very well said indeed.  I felt the same way, it almost came off like he was, dare I say, scared of the Chiefs or something.  To me when I hear "we wanted to keep it within striking distance", it screams of resignation to defeat.  Just my two cents.

Thanks buddy and I 100 percent agree with you.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/7/2020 at 3:26 PM, wjag said:

If Seattle has any hope of winning they are going to need to out score Buffalo.  Not happening.  Buffalo gets the jump from the get go and Seattle chases them all day.  

Ahem.......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2