Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why do you believe this would be effective?

What are the outcomes when Russ Wilson is blitzed? 

His completion %? 

His rush yards gained?

I am going off of the metric of wither or not I think it will be effective. It's more so a casual observation of the current defenses inability to get a rush with 4. Might as well blitz to generate pressure or drop an extra player in coverage

I'm sure I'm in the minority because it looks really ugly, but...

I think the Bills defense should play the Seahawks pretty much exactly how they played the Chiefs.

Basically, concede the run game to them and drop 7 and 8 all day. Buffalo would be betting that DeeJay Dallas and Travis Homer won't have as much success as the Chiefs did, and that their own offense will perform better than it did in the KC game.

Even with the way the Chiefs gashed the Bills and the Buffalo offense sputtered that game, we were one 3rd and long stop away from getting the ball back in the 4th quarter with a chance to take the lead.

Play Seattle just like that defensively. Offensively, sling the ***** all over the field.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Knox activated.  I *think* they get a 1 week roster exemption for him so don't need to make any roster moves. 

I do love me some "Hard Knox" and so badly want him to be the good consistent player we all want him to be!

Milano not only DNP but wasn't out there yesterday.  So the fact he's not out there at all today looks grim.  He may have re-injured 😢

Hap I'm confused...now that we've activated Knox, does that mean he's eligible to play this Sunday or does he still have to wait until a certain amount of time has passed before he can play?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Hap I'm confused...now that we've activated Knox, does that mean he's eligible to play this Sunday or does he still have to wait until a certain amount of time has passed before he can play?

He's activated means he's completed all the requirements - cardiac exams, progressive exercise program.

He can play....Assuming his calf injury is healed enough

1 hour ago, buffalojedwardo said:

why is Fromm always on the injury report? 

"not injury"

he's the "Break Glass in Case of Emergency" covid-19 backup QB

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/09/buffalo-bills-keeping-qb-jake-fromm-quarantined-as-covid-19-precaution.html

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/sports/2020/10/12/inside-fromm-s-role-as-the-bills-emergency-covid-qb

Sounds like a lonely life

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He's activated means he's completed all the requirements - cardiac exams, progressive exercise program.

He can play....Assuming his calf injury is healed enough

Thanks Hap. I thought he was still on that Covid time frame where he couldn't come back yet, so that's great news!   

The Bills are a different team with Knox in there. Even with his struggles with drops, he changes the dynamic of the offense because of his mismatch abilities, gives Allen another target in the middle of the field, and most importantly, IMO, allows Daboll to get way more creative with his play-calling. I'd love to see us run some more of those two TE sets with Knox and Kroft, especially with Brown still not quite 100% yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously?  Starting?  Yikes.

Has anyone given an update on Milano?  Having him be "DNP" two days this week is NOT looking good

honestly, I think this is a L even with Milano in there.  If there’s any doubt as to his condition, I’d rather he sit this week.  It’s not a must-win by any means.

6 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Cover 1 guys agreed on the pregame show. Sugar the A gaps all the time and every once in awhile bring the heat. As @Hapless Bills Fan mentioned though the tackling has to be sure which it hasn’t always been for us (luckily Klein is blitzing in this scenario). 

Sugar the A gaps. :lol: The never ending quest to re-label football terms and concepts never gets old. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Seriously?  Starting?  Yikes.

Has anyone given an update on Milano?  Having him be "DNP" two days this week is NOT looking good

would rather them just sit milano the next 2 games against these nfc teams.  if we lose both it isnt the end of the world

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

honestly, I think this is a L even with Milano in there.  If there’s any doubt as to his condition, I’d rather he sit this week.  It’s not a must-win by any means.

Haven't seen it discussed much, but there were multiple plays last week where someone with the ball went by Milano on his hurt side and he totally whiffed - he went at the runner as though he didn't have a left arm.  

7 hours ago, stevewin said:

Haven't seen it discussed much, but there were multiple plays last week where someone with the ball went by Milano on his hurt side and he totally whiffed - he went at the runner as though he didn't have a left arm.  

To be fair, Milano whiffs plenty when healthy.

10 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

Really hope Josh Allen doesn’t come out with too much adrenaline like he does in perceived big games and start missing easy throws. I’m telling you I’d run Allen first two plays of the game to try to get him calmed down. 

I would call 3 straight WR screens—betcha they’d each go for 1st downs.

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

It's been discussed.  Milano is literally wearing a brace that holds his left arm down.  Bangedupbills.com put up a picture of it or something similar.