Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

Not saying he is any good but teams do this you know.

Yes I agree they do, it’s just that this year it’s not as easy with the complex Covid protocols to just bring someone in for a visit unless you really have interest in the player 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Greg S said:

Same disappointment with the offense. For the longest time that game was 13-10 and the Bills couldn't grab the lead. Seattle will get their yards and they will score but if the defense can somehow keep them under 30 then the offense needs to win this game.

Entirely possible. Seahawks offense has been great, but as the season’s played out a lot of those wins look less impressive; Falcons, Dallas, Vikings, Patriots, Phins with Fitztragic. Bills and Hawks are a lot more evenly matched then many Bills fans are willing to admit. As good as Metcalf, Lockett, and Wilson have been they’ve basically allowed equivalent performances from opposing offenses. I’m looking forward to this game.... it reeks of a high scoring affair where one or two defensive splash plays wins it. Granted, that means it’ll probably end up being a defensive snoozfest with our luck. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Entirely possible. Seahawks offense has been great, but as the season’s played out a lot of those wins look less impressive; Falcons, Dallas, Vikings, Patriots, Phins with Fitztragic. Bills and Hawks are a lot more evenly matched then many Bills fans are willing to admit. As good as Metcalf, Lockett, and Wilson have been they’ve basically allowed equivalent performances from opposing offenses. I’m looking forward to this game.... it reeks of a high scoring affair where one or two defensive splash plays wins it. Granted, that means it’ll probably end up being a defensive snoozfest with our luck. 

If the Bills can win a boring defensive game then sign me up. 7-2 is 7-2 no matter how they get there.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m all for it. I’m all for W’s. The added bonus of a low scoring affair will be the media asking “is the bills defense back?” 

Sure, but why does it matter what the media thinks?

54 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Honestly the defense needs to alternate from blitzing the ***** out of Wilson and dropping 8 in coverage. If you aren't generating pressure just drop as many in coverage as possible. 

Why do you believe this would be effective?

What are the outcomes when Russ Wilson is blitzed? 

His completion %? 

His rush yards gained?

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why do you believe this would be effective?

What are the outcomes when Russ Wilson is blitzed? 

His completion %? 

His rush yards gained?

Well I can tell you from the last bit of the cardinals game I watched when the cards brought 6 and 7 men up to the LOS with none in dirt and dropped almost all of them sometimes and then heavily blitzed on others it made a real difference in the end of that game. It’s the exact reason Wilson threw his bad INT in OT. Cards were covering solid that way and manufactured a good amount of pressure keeping Wilson and that line guessing late in that game 

I have absolutely no numbers to back my claims. I just remember noticing that the defense was onto something late in the game 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

22 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Well I can tell you from the last bit of the cardinals game I watched when the cards brought 6 and 7 men up to the LOS with none in dirt and dropped almost all of them sometimes and then heavily blitzed on others it made a real difference in the end of that game. It’s the exact reason Wilson threw his bad INT in OT. Cards were covering solid that way and manufactured a good amount of pressure keeping Wilson and that line guessing late in that game 

I have absolutely no numbers to back my claims. I just remember noticing that the defense was onto something late in the game 

You need to be ver-ry careful when you do that with Wilson or he will burn you like toast.  It's different at the end of the game when the Seasnakes are under time pressure and limited in the types of plays they can run.  Early in the game?  Be careful....

Edit: Oh-ho so Vance Joseph is doing that psycho/amoeba thing, is he?  Wonder where it came into his coaching tree?

Here's some good news,  bad news: Panthers (McD as DC, 2011-2017) vs. Seasnakes under Carroll (2010-present):

image.thumb.png.a92cc8517d3cf660d9401c55d614ff72.png

In other words, Games 6-12 (7 games): 2 wins, 5 losses

But most of those games have been very tight, low-scoring affairs.  2012-2015 Seahawks were a top-scoring offense in the league (9,8,10,4) so it's not like they weren't racking up the pointsies in their other games.  Playoff game was 10-14 Seasnakes going into the 4Q.  Broke open on - wait for it - two passes "short right" to the TE that went for long yardage, then a pick of Cam Newton that went for a TD

2013 & 2014 were the Seahawks "Superbowl" years. 

2 Wins were during Carolina's "Superbowl" year

Dec 2016 was their "hangover year".  Kuechly and a bunch of others were out for that game.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You need to be ver-ry careful when you do that with Wilson or he will burn you like toast.  It's different at the end of the game when the Seasnakes are under time pressure and limited in the types of plays they can run.  Early in the game?  Be careful....

Edit: Oh-ho so Vance Joseph is doing that psycho/amoeba thing, is he?  Wonder where it came into his coaching tree?

Here's some good news,  bad news: Panthers (McD as DC, 2011-2017) vs. Seasnakes under Carroll (2010-present):

image.thumb.png.a92cc8517d3cf660d9401c55d614ff72.png

In other words, Games 6-12 (7 games): 2 wins, 5 losses

But most of those games have been very tight, low-scoring affairs.  2012-2015 Seahawks were a top-scoring offense in the league (9,8,10,4) so it's not like they weren't racking up the pointsies in their other games.  Playoff game was 10-14 Seasnakes going into the 4Q.  Broke open on - wait for it - two passes "short right" to the TE that went for long yardage, then a pick of Cam Newton that went for a TD

2013 & 2014 were the Seahawks "Superbowl" years. 

2 Wins were during Carolina's "Superbowl" year

Dec 2016 was their "hangover year".  Kuechly and a bunch of others were out for that game.

right. i was in and out of that game. i didnt notice it early on but definitely noticed it late in the game. maybe it was by design because of factors you mentioned or maybe it was because he was out of ideas and said "screw it. we cant freaking stop them so lets give this a whirl"..... i just remember thinking "wow! they sorta have wilson on his heels here. they might be onto something that others can us"

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Cover 1 guys agreed on the pregame show. Sugar the A gaps all the time and every once in awhile bring the heat. As @Hapless Bills Fan mentioned though the tackling has to be sure which it hasn’t always been for us (luckily Klein is blitzing in this scenario). 

• Like (+1) 1