Week 9: Seahawks at Bills

BillsMafi$

57 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

lol what? Seattle's offense is miles ahead of ours 

I will agree their defense is just as bad but Allen needs to step up big time Sunday to match whatever points Wilson puts up 

Their defense is not just as bad. They are giving up more than 100 yards per game more than the Bills do - 460 yards per game. That is horrendous, and has nothing to do with garbage time, as most of their games have been close all the way through. They're giving up 4 more points per game as well, which translates to being ranked 10 spots lower than the Bills (14th vs 24th). 

Their defense is a lot worse than ours. It is historically bad. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I've seen similar data online and it's truly baffling how Allen has had such a major regression after the first four weeks.

I still think it's a combination of poor coaching and gameplaning being exposed (Daboll/McD) and teams figuring out that Allen can't read defenses and is only looking one players (diggs) way on most snaps.

Also on what few deep throws we've seen the last 4 weeks they have been wildly off target shades of Allen's deep ball issues the last four weeks. This is why I maintain this team has serious issues beyond coaching and all the holes on defense. QB is quietly becoming a major offseason need which means this team will be right back to ground zero again if that's the case.

Every time you open your mouth it shows more and more you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Comebackkid said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalonews.com/sports/bills/jim-kubiak-how-bills-qb-josh-allen-figured-out-patriots-amoeba-defense/article_1bb4c490-1d5d-11eb-ac9a-3f927b40a7e6.amp.html

This article pretty much dispels the myth of an Allen regression.    Still not that impressed with Dayboll but josh is still trending upwards. 

Wow this is a really good read.Eye opening.. I had no idea the schemes they were throwing at the offense. Another great upward trend in his growth. 

Also much more informative for those who look at a stat sheet. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Is anyone else already dreading when Seattle decides to line up Metcalf in the slot so Taron Johnson has to cover him??

This won’t happen.

Or maybe I should say it SHOULDN’T happen. They will be coached up to check into coverages that are advantageous to them, or at least not detrimental. Just because DK lines up in the slot, doesn’t mean they’re required to put their nickel corner on him, or even play man coverage (which I don’t anticipate). I hope our staff is smart enough to account for this. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Wow this is a really good read.Eye opening.. I had no idea the schemes they were throwing at the offense. Another great upward trend in his growth. 

Also much more informative for those who look at a stat sheet. 

Thanks, it is.   It also shows what influence good coaching can have, beyond just talent.   ( talking about what NE did on defense) 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/buffalonews.com/sports/bills/jim-kubiak-how-bills-qb-josh-allen-figured-out-patriots-amoeba-defense/article_1bb4c490-1d5d-11eb-ac9a-3f927b40a7e6.amp.html

This article pretty much dispels the myth of an Allen regression.    Still not that impressed with Dayboll but josh is still trending upwards. 

Thanks.  I think too many times we get focused on the 70%, 300 yards metric to judge a game and a QBs performance.  People see 154 yards and automatically assume it was a bad performance.  Also like the discussion on the amoeba defense and how it interrupts the offensive line and quarterback reads.  Article reinforces what my eyes want to believe.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, wjag said:

Thanks.  I think too many times we get focused on the 70%, 300 yards metric to judge a game and a QBs performance.  People see 154 yards and automatically assume it was a bad performance.  Also like the discussion on the amoeba defense and how it interrupts the offensive line and quarterback reads.  Article reinforces what my eyes want to believe.  

You're welcome. It's easy to look at that and say it was the result of incompetence and things not working out when in reality that was their game plan. This is exactly what they went in to do and they actually get it very well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This won’t happen.

Or maybe I should say it SHOULDN’T happen. They will be coached up to check into coverages that are advantageous to them, or at least not detrimental. Just because DK lines up in the slot, doesn’t mean they’re required to put their nickel corner on him, or even play man coverage (which I don’t anticipate). I hope our staff is smart enough to account for this. 

Under McD everytime the top WR of the opponent lines up in the slot White doesn’t move with him